It's a good time to draw the line ... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

It's a good time to draw the line ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to chime in here. You should be ashamed of yourself for creating this thread. You're chasing me off, but I guess your behavior is warranted because your opinion is so valuable. Whaler and I are not young kids and the guys we argue with are straight out of college. Honestly, you are an .

You have a guy who gets so emotional in his arguments that he can't avoid name calling and negative attacks. This poster knows who he is.

You have guys who actually made an argument that this league is as good or better than the old BE. We're supposed to ignore the reality? Do I think I know more football than a guy who makes that claim? Yes I do.

What's funny is that whaler and I were 2 of the biggest Apologistas this board knew. It's funny that when things were good we defended the program against all kinds of silly and stupid attacks. I battled Zoo plenty over the years but never took anything personal. I think he's a solid poster. Did I whine and cry when people called me names when Edsall was here? Did I start a thread about drawing lines? No, I simply used facts and evidence to support my opinions. I think Zoo still looks silly when he and others knock Edsall given where we are now.

I promise this is my last post and you'll never hear from me again. You've chased me off the board by starting a thread criticizing people for chasing guys off. You must be proud.

FYI - I've received several IM's from people not named whaler asking me not to leave and stating how disgusted they are with this thread. I could name names but unlike you, I really won't.

I didn't say this before but I will now. Don't allow yourself to be chased off. When zoo, myself and others knocked Edsall you were the positive one. No one "owns" the boneyard except maybe Fishy, and the only time he tells people to knockoff certain posts is when do things like insinuate that violence should be considered against someone. I've always liked Art's overly positive stance but yeah he would resort to name calling and that can't be debated. Everyone just needs their big boy pants. If I don't like your posts (anyone) after one or two sentences I skip over it. The need to address individual posters or call them out for "knocking over old people" is fugging silly. Its a message board. I enjoy reading the contrarian viewpoints of Jimmy, Whaler, Palatine, and Nelson. Threads like this seem to want to create a pollyanna circle jerk where you get shouted down if you're not all in with the this coach is going to do great things here mantra.

Reaction Score
I have to chime in here. You should be ashamed of yourself for creating this thread. You're chasing me off, but I guess your behavior is warranted because your opinion is so valuable. Whaler and I are not young kids and the guys we argue with are straight out of college. Honestly, you are an .

You have a guy who gets so emotional in his arguments that he can't avoid name calling and negative attacks. This poster knows who he is.

You have guys who actually made an argument that this league is as good or better than the old BE. We're supposed to ignore the reality? Do I think I know more football than a guy who makes that claim? Yes I do.

What's funny is that whaler and I were 2 of the biggest Apologistas this board knew. It's funny that when things were good we defended the program against all kinds of silly and stupid attacks. I battled Zoo plenty over the years but never took anything personal. I think he's a solid poster. Did I whine and cry when people called me names when Edsall was here? Did I start a thread about drawing lines? No, I simply used facts and evidence to support my opinions. I think Zoo still looks silly when he and others knock Edsall given where we are now.

I promise this is my last post and you'll never hear from me again. You've chased me off the board by starting a thread criticizing people for chasing guys off. You must be proud.

FYI - I've received several IM's from people not named whaler asking me not to leave and stating how disgusted they are with this thread. I could name names but unlike you, I really won't.

Bye

Reaction Score
I didn't say this before but I will now. Don't allow yourself to be chased off. When zoo, myself and others knocked Edsall you were the positive one. No one "owns" the boneyard except maybe Fishy, and the only time he tells people to knockoff certain posts is when do things like insinuate that violence should be considered against someone. I've always liked Art's overly positive stance but yeah he would resort to name calling and that can't be debated. Everyone just needs their big boy pants. If I don't like your posts (anyone) after one or two sentences I skip over it. The need to address individual posters or call them out for "knocking over old people" is fugging silly. Its a message board. I enjoy reading the contrarian viewpoints of Jimmy, Whaler, Palatine, and Nelson. Threads like this seem to want to create a pollyanna circle jerk where you get shouted down if you're not all in with the this coach is going to do great things here mantra.

I don't think it's silly at all. It's basic respect.

I read. Disagree. Have gotten slammed. But ... I'm not going to sit back & see someone badgered.

Reaction Score
Yes obviously it's 1/8th comparing SMU to a published sell out which I'm using to make a point.

Probably about half the attendance has disappeared.

The published attendance for SMU was 22,921. Having said that, I don't necessarily disagree that "no shows" collectively were at a higher run rate over the past couple of years. Anyhow, you get my drift.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Exactly

And others

For a guy who projects his need onto others about feeling like the smartest guy in the room. ...

Mets started a thread just like this one to pick a fight and then got emotional when Jimmy gave him the fight he went looking for.

Do you really not see the irony of causing some of the issues that you later complain about?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I disagreed when HFD was booted, but I know he was a habitual line stepper. Now we are at the point where people not being arbitrarily positive enough aren't welcome? Come on. No one else sees the irony that somehow it's ok to chase certain folks away? Why are we chasing ANY UConn football fans away at all? People have choices in what threads/posts/handles they want to follow or ignore, and what drama they choose to feel from them.
Count me among those who enjoyed Dan's enthusiasm, even though I skipped a lot of his posts. I reread the OP, I don't think there was a notion of chasing anyone off in it so much as a plea for people to self-police before they post. I agree we don't need everyone to have the same view point as that would be pretty boring. But here's the thing, actions have consequences. If you are constantly crapping up threads, mistating people's posts, or name calling ultimately you are going to a reputation as being a . To come back and say woe is me everyone is picking on me when that reputation comes back to haunt you, is, well, let's say a bit disengenous. Although I promised myself I wouldn't do this again, and this really will be the last time I do it, personally I consider Jimmy Serrano to be good contributer to the board and I would encourage him not leave the board.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The published attendance for SMU was 22,921. Having said that, I don't necessarily disagree that "no shows" collectively were at a higher run rate over the past couple of years. Anyhow, you get my drift.

I do and I was using 1/8th to make a point.

FWIW, the published attendance numbers are pretty much useful as they have so little relation to actual attendance they don't provide much color.

Reaction Score
There's a difference between being cautiously optimistic and being a Kool Aid drinker. I think it was a good sign that he demoted Cummings. I am glad Diaco isn't in a fixed mindset.

But when I read posts where people say that this whole thing is part of some big design and that everything is coming together nicely, while were promoting our "Preferred Walk On" program, something inside me just wants to throw those people through airlock and forget about it.

We basically signed a coach who is a work in progress. It's going to be a few seasons until he really knows what he is doing and is settled in. A little bit of apathy might do everyone a world of good at the moment, unless you have superlative patience.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Look, we're going to rehash the same egotistical I'm-right-you're-wrong circlejerk from here until UConn wins 3-4 games in a row, and we'll probably keep doing it after that. This will happen in threads started by apologistas who just want to believe in the possibility that there is a tiny sliver of hope for Uconn football, and it will happen in threads started by self-styled football geniuses who are smarter than the head coach and all the beatwriters of the Horde put together and only want the world to acknowledge that things might be slightly worse than what is deemed acceptable by the apologistas. Since there are no football games scheduled until next season we should expect to see every thread hijacked by a handful of prominent posters in both camps into circlejerk territory. It's the internet. I don't think too many UConn football newbies will come to this board and read it while deciding whether to buy season tickets or not, but what do I know.

Reaction Score
As I said in the OP ...

You all have 5 to 6 months to decide what you want on this board; nothing really happens off season. I choose to say that the atmosphere stinks. I'd like to ban the word Apologista.

If you don't see the line ... Maybe you've got the problem.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's silly at all. It's basic respect.

I read. Disagree. Have gotten slammed. But ... I'm not going to sit back & see someone badgered.
What is the badgering you refer to? As far as I know we aren't kids in grammar school with a few bullies. Art has gone all out assault mode when he sees fit has called me an idiot when he felt it warranted. I don't cry about it. Its his opinion in that moment, ill live. I don't generally resort to name calling as you say out of basic respect but it doesn't mean everything has to be sunshine and rainbows.

I respect your posts and what you bring to the board but this thread is a giant fail. There is no us vs them, respectful vs disrespectful, there are differences in opinion on where the program is going. Diaco says polarizing sheet based off the fact that what he says rarely matches what an objective person sees, but when I thought Whaler was being overly negative on Diaco's use of the preferred walk on program, I told him so and he didn't go apesheet over it. People need to be less sensitive or at the very least don't read or be bothered by so much by the words of an anonymous poster on a message board.

Reaction Score
As I said in the OP ...

You all have 5 to 6 months to decide what you want on this board; nothing really happens off season. I choose to say that the atmosphere stinks. I'd like to ban the word Apologista.

Apologista became obsolete the day Randy snuck out in the middle of the night.

We'll come up with new moniker in short order.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Really? You're not going to post anymore? That svcks. We've had our share of disagreements, Jimmy, but don't allow others to control your actions or emotions. It gives them all the power.

Reaction Score
As I said in the OP ...

What this board needs badly is a pay wall. That would go a long way in cleaning it up . . .

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Also, it should go without saying this board is not consequential to the objective real world performance of UConn football. It will always be a lagging indicator, not a leading indicator (despite HFD's past megalomaniacal efforts to start some kind of revolution).

Reaction Score
Also, it should go without saying this board is not consequential to the objective real world performance of UConn football. It will always be a lagging indicator, not a leading indicator (despite HFD's past megalomaniacal efforts to start some kind of revolution).

But how do we know if he isn't luking somewhere in the margins of the shadows, plotting, wheels within wheels.... until one day...

Husky25

Reaction Score
What this board needs badly is a pay wall. That would go a long way in cleaning it up . . .
Have you ever been to a ghost town? They are full of cob webs and dust. They are not clean in the slightest.

That is the effect of a pay wall.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
What is the badgering you refer to? As far as I know we aren't kids in grammar school with a few bullies. Art has gone all out assault mode when he sees fit has called me an idiot when he felt it warranted. I don't cry about it. Its his opinion in that moment, ill live. I don't generally resort to name calling as you say out of basic respect but it doesn't mean everything has to be sunshine and rainbows.

I respect your posts and what you bring to the board but this thread is a giant fail. There is no us vs them, respectful vs disrespectful, there are differences in opinion on where the program is going. Diaco says polarizing sheet based off the fact that what he says rarely matches what an objective person sees, but when I thought Whaler was being overly negative on Diaco's use of the preferred walk on program, I told him so and he didn't go apesheet over it. People need to be less sensitive or at the very least don't read or be bothered by so much by the words of an anonymous poster on a message board.

Great post. Especially the comment on Diaco.

No regular poster has called for his firing and nobody has said that what happened in season one precludes him from being successful.

I'm concerned, have a season worth of reasons to feel that way, but I won't write him off, not yet.

Difference between P and HCBD was that from day one some people knew he was a disaster and had no hope. At least with Diaco there is hope as he's young, inexperienced and taking on a depleted roster that lost its QB.

I still have hope that UConn can win under Diaco. That's why we'll still buy tickets, watch the games and comment online. I'm just way more guarded in my optimism based on what I've seen.

Reaction Score
Have you ever been to a ghost town? They are full of cob webs and dust. They are not clean in the slightest.

That is the effect of a pay wall.
I've been to many.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I've been to many.
Yet you suggest a pay wall. Thereby turning the Boneyard into MySpace, just another abandoned website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom