It's a good time to draw the line ... | The Boneyard

It's a good time to draw the line ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can name names.

But how about being an adult & performing a little self-examination. This Boneyard isn't yours. There's a lot of us that have an Investment in the UConn Football Program & the Boneyard. Chasing Positive posters because you THINK you're the smartest guy in the room degrades our site. Having the most IGNORES is not a superlative. The fact that we followed a 3 win season with a 2 win season is obvious to all; we aren't positive because we love the Team's status. It's because we, as adults, know that we need to start the climb back from a point of daybreak not darkness.

The negative has gone far enough.

We are soon in the off off season where we will discuss Sharks & the Favorite Jimmy Buffett songs & the favorite restaurants in RI. Maybe a break for all of us to return expecting Diaco will make significant positive change.

BTW ... Pete Carroll still has a bigger damn paycheck than you.

Reaction Score
I agree, the schtick has gotten incredibly old.

I don't nearly check the Yard as often anymore as I used to. Not because I've become disinterested in the team, and not because I have some aversion to those who have differing opinions. I mostly just find that the same people say the same things over and over. On both sides. It's boring. Live in the now guys. Talk about next season. Talk about new players and coaches. Talk about current events in football generally. Everything that could possibly have been said about the past has been said.

We're on to Cincinnati.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can you point me in the direction of anything you've posted of value in the last year? If you are going to be prancing drama queen about the topic please show us how it's done.

Just provide a couple of links to your submissions on the board that have value.

Someone with such strong opinions on what is valuable and what isn't shouldn't have any trouble.

I look forward to you showing us how it's done.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The board reflects the state of the program and the fan base. We discuss what happened and what we would like to happen or even what our pedestrian little football minds think should happen. If you are repulsed by the negativity surrounding a team that has won 5 games in two seasons 10 games in three seasons and 15 games in four seasons, reexamine who should take a break from the site. It isn't getting any better until the winning comes back. #noparticipationtrophies

Reaction Score
There have been over 4900 people register for the Boneyard over the years and I would venture to guess there are less than 100 regular posters on the FB site (probably closer to 50). Ever wonder why that is?

I just read the story about the commits bonding and it was quite interesting, when compared to the group of people who post here.

These are kids, who know all about where UConn FB has been, and yet they are willing to commit to giving it their all for the next 48-60 months. (If you mention lack of offers then you are just an as.s, so save it.)

A positive outlook can be contagious. As can a negative outlook be as well.

Every successful FB program has a rabid fanbase that can make a difference in terms of building excitement. Of the 4900 people who signed up here, there probably were a sizable group who were on the fence in regards to supporting the FB program, but lurked here and bought into the "we suck" attitude that permeates this board.

It only takes a few hundred people to get excited, who tell others who get excited, etc, etc.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of how you respond to it. It's pretty easy to figure out how some people choose to respond to life on this board.

Some people think they are cool by being a "contrarian". (Code word for being a d.ick and attention seeker). These people also say they don't care what others think of them. In other words "I'm self centered, so go duckk yourself".

There is a small group who are grinding this board down to nothing. If there was another board where I could get the info Huskymedic, jostar, Dooley and others post I'd be there in a minute.

This is my 2nd post in a few days, after a several month hiatus. I tried to keep things humorous and positive when I posted in the past and defended all things UConn until it was over the top. I decided to walk away like many others.

If you think the program is dead and Diaco is a bumbling idiot who is not the answer, why bother posting here? Try and take a lesson from the bonding recruits. Be part of the solution. Let's create some energy and help build the fanbase back up.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Listen I get what Pudge is saying because I am someone who use to get on the site 10-12 times a day for recruitment info, updates, realignment news, anything UCONN football and basketball, but I have taken a step back. I may get on once a day now because I get sick of reading the same ideas and comments about the football and basketball team by the same poster time after time. I doubt people like whaler11 care if I am on or not and thats fine because I don't come to this site to be friends or get the most posts or likes. To me I would drop that feature because I know that is what some people like to show as their badge of how good a fan they are. I come for new information and different perspective. I am not talking about shutting out negative views, those are fine because I tune it out. Everyones stressed out because our teams are not that good this year and we are stuck in the AAC. Not a good place to be when we are trying to get out. So of course the neg. vibes are on the rise.

The only point I have what use to be a fun place to interact has turned into that ex girlfriend that you can't quite distance yourself from. You hope that it could sometime return to something that was carefree and engaging like it was in the beginning, but in all the baggage that comes with her leads negativity and exhaustion.

Pudge you aren't going to change anyone here so my advice is to just tune it out the best you can.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There used to be 40k people at UConn games, now there is 1/8th that amount.

Ever wonder why that is?

Is Stairmaster working on this same post for the basketball board. Does Twitter need to be shut down because of Fishy's comments?

Reaction Score
I can name names.

But how about being an adult & performing a little self-examination. This Boneyard isn't yours. There's a lot of us that have an Investment in the UConn Football Program & the Boneyard. Chasing Positive posters because you THINK you're the smartest guy in the room degrades our site. Having the most IGNORES is not a superlative. The fact that we followed a 3 win season with a 2 win season is obvious to all; we aren't positive because we love the Team's status. It's because we, as adults, know that we need to start the climb back from a point of daybreak not darkness.

The negative has gone far enough.

We are soon in the off off season where we will discuss Sharks & the Favorite Jimmy Buffett songs & the favorite restaurants in RI. Maybe a break for all of us to return expecting Diaco will make significant positive change.

BTW ... Pete Carroll still has a bigger damn paycheck than you.

Nice Pudge. Leaders lead when times are tough. Saw American Sniper last night, wow! What a leader! Chris Kyle was one tough dude! My new hero. We got to say positive when things get tough. UCONN fans (football, Mens & Womens bball, hockey, soccer, field hockey, baseball have enjoyed tremendous success over the years. Many fans are spoiled and perhaps don't fully comprehend how much we have accomplished. 4 down years in football is not going to kill the Dog! Go UCONN! Still alive after the dismantling of the Big East. UCONN is not dead yet.

Thank you Chris Kyle for your tremendous sacrifice so we can play on the Boneyard!
image.jpg

Be like Chris Kyle and not a bone head like this guy!
image.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How about a limit on making the same negative point in a given thread?

You do realize that no one is posting to themselves right? For every Jimmy or Whaler there is a Bnich or Mets2323 right? Or a stairmaster passive aggressively posting.

Or Pudge saying that he won't name names... a few hours after he named names....

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
There are two distinct viewpoints that always clash here.

One group that is always optimistic and forms their opinions based off that disposition in spite of facts.

The other group uses facts and forms their opinion based on that.

Just so happens the past four seasons of UConn Football have had a lot more negative facts than positive.

If you want to wilfully ignore the conference, coaching and recruiting I suppose that's fine. However this is a football message board - if we're not talking about the facts at hand what are you supposed to be doing here?

Reaction Score
In my perfect BY world, opposing views are fine/welcome and should be debated - But not every thread has to go into a death spiral.

You can pretty reliably predict how most threads are going to regress based on subject (and it's the same ad nauseam schticks).

Reaction Score

One group that is always optimistic and forms their opinions based off that disposition in spite of facts.

Just so happens the past four seasons of UConn Football have had a lot more negative facts than positive.

If you want to wilfully ignore the conference, coaching and recruiting I suppose that's fine. However this is a football message board - if we're not talking about the facts at hand what are you supposed to be doing here?

One group forms their opinion based on what they think are the facts. Most posters don't have a clue about what is actually happening with the football program.

If you are going to narrow it down to two groups, one would be optimistic and looking at the cup half full while the other engages in self sabotaging behavior always looking at the cup half empty. Other than Monday morning QB facts, no one really has any. Most points are opinion based. Some positive most negative.

Reaction Score

The problem is people think they have all the facts and know exactly how things should be done.

Then they pick every negative angle on every issue and whine incessantly.

The facts are that some people have a negative view on life and like to say they are "realists".

Everyone knows we are in a crappy place and don't need to be reminded daily.

I happen to believe HCBD will fix this mess. The alternative is not something I care to dwell on.

If the worse case does happen, there will be plenty of time to be depressed. Why go there early?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That's like winning a beauty pageant in a pig sty. You, sir, are the prettiest pig... ;)

Maybe I should have said that I was the smartest kid on the short bus?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Maybe I should have said that I was the smartest kid on the short bus?

I'm not sure that would be true. The Boneyard? Perhaps. But not the short bus...

Reaction Score
Can you point me in the direction of anything you've posted of value in the last year? If you are going to be prancing drama queen about the topic please show us how it's done.

Just provide a couple of links to your submissions on the board that have value.

Someone with such strong opinions on what is valuable and what isn't shouldn't have any trouble.

I look forward to you showing us how it's done.

This is a good example of the discussion at hand - Sarcasm

Defined by Webster as.....

: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter,caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual

b : the use or language of sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak