It's a good time to draw the line ... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

It's a good time to draw the line ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How did a anyone think P was going to be a good idea? It seems so obvious stated this way.

I thought P was a good idea, because I was aware of the recruiting problems that were progressively worsening and then fell off the cliff when Edsall left a different flight after the Fiesta Bowl, and one of the biggest names out there, that immediately suggested knowledge, experience and success in recruiting for a place like UCONN was Pasqualoni. I never thought Deleone was a good idea.

I was expecting fireworks on the first Wednesday of February 2011 - from EDSALL. I thought the guy couldn't possibly really have only 8-10 recruits solid at that time - and was keeping everybody under wraps - as he did in the past - given that we were on a 5 game win streak that 2010 season and on our way to a BCS bowl, and that after 2008-2009-2010 - we needed a HUGE class.

Didn't happen, and that - is what I will never forgive Edsall for - not the way he left - I could care less about that - the guy let this program slide, and then skipped out with it about to fall off a cliff.

I made the mistake (in this internet forum) of pimping for Pasqualoni - and talking up how they guy will be able to push us up to having a solid, respectable division 1A roster for the first time ever. I'm still catching crap from the regular suspects on that. My reasons for believing the guy:

#1. Respect from decades ago.
#2. His instince that the new recruits would immediately impact special teams with their size, speed.

#1 - for me is gone. The guy's loyalty to Deleone superceded his program building, and he lost his job not once, but twice because of it. Pathetic. Results matter.

#2, has not changed. I remember watching our players against Oklahoma, against Michigan, against Rutgers, and WVU< and so many others over the years. Edsall recruited speed adequately, but not size - and no where did is show up more than special teams. Why did we have so much trouble on punt protection with Edsall? Hmmm. We had returners with speed, that could break with a crease, but when our kick units were running down the field against other programs, they looked like mighty mites against high schoolers. We didn't have the size to go with the speed, across the board under Edsall, and it showed up when we went against the best nationally.

Edsall let recruiting slide with simple numbers in NLI cycles for 3 progressive years - right up to his departure, and we've been playing catch up ever since. Pasqualoni started addressing that by filling maximum numbers of scholarship offers allowed per year, and stacking players up in prep schools. Not all panned out, but he was leading the program to at least catch up in numbers. He brought in players that were BIG - and have speed. THey are on the field now. We are lacking still in OL production though - Deleone and OL recruiting has been the albatross for the past 4 seasons.

I really REALLY hope that the guys that Diaco are bringing in have the speed to play at the level we want to be at - top 25 - nationally relevant. If so - Diaco will make good on my prediction that I made for Pasqualoni that still gets me grief - for the first time having a true division 1A that can get us to the top 25 regularly, a roster from top to bottom in size and speed, rather than in just #1's.

We'll see.

Christmas morning for college football is tomorrow.

happy signing day eve to all you fellow crazies.

Reaction Score
If there were 22,921 at SMU I am the BEST, must informed, know everything behind the scenes poster on this forum...

That being said we all know the UConn FB attendance numbers are NOT accurate since the losing began - oh boy, I just made an assumption we would all agree - that was silly.

I always had you pegged as an "insider".;)

Reaction Score
I don't think it's silly at all. It's basic respect.

I read. Disagree. Have gotten slammed. But ... I'm not going to sit back & see someone badgered.

You keep mentioning this while avoiding questions from myself and others. Since you named names and pointed to a specific incident with metsfan2323, can you answer the question others have asked of you? What is the badgering that you referred to? Specifically:

What thread was he chased off on? Who started said thread? What was the intent of that thread?

3 fair questions that you should answer given this thread is your brainchild.

Nobody knows what line you're talking about because everyone has different levels of tolerance and opinion. Your line may differ from noeyox's line, and on and on. Who died and left you the board's moral authority?

Reaction Score
You keep mentioning this while avoiding questions from myself and others. Since you named names and pointed to a specific incident with metsfan2323, can you answer the question others have asked of you? What is the badgering that you referred to? Specifically:

What thread was he chased off on? Who started said thread? What was the intent of that thread?

3 fair questions that you should answer given this thread is your brainchild.

Nobody knows what line you're talking about because everyone has different levels of tolerance and opinion. Your line may differ from noeyox's line, and on and on. Who died and left you the board's moral authority?

Give it a freaking rest already.

Reaction Score
I like the OP. It speaks to a lot.

After games in particular this board turns into a rant with several posters dominating and venting their frustration.

Frankly, if you are living on this board maybe you need something else in you life besides just being a passionate UCONN fan.

I'll be there at kick-off for Nova. We'll be dogs, but duckk it, I'll be there anyway.

Reaction Score
Well, I've injected what my thoughts are on all this into this discussion, and posted a couple things that are hopefully thought provoking from others in a good way, and can generate different kinds of discussion that interest people. Can't speak for anyone else, but that's why I frequent this website - interesting discussion about shared topics of interest.

What doesn't interest me, is the high level of gery being exhibited here and elsewhere ( I learned that word here - gery - I seldom use it, but it does apply in certain situations - like all of this.) and the powerful gery has created an energy black hole. I just shined my little flashlight. Maybe others have flashlights too.

So that's my 2 cents in though, and tried to create positive change in discussion and problem solving. I learned how to problem solve in grade school, and I will exercise discipline and never again post something in this discussion.

Reaction Score
Hey Pudge are these the kinds of posts that make you proud?

it. I'm not letting you guys win. I'll continue to post until Fishy says enough and I'm not changing one damn bit.

I figured it out and now I understand, you guys voted for Obama. Be honest. That explains all the brain farts!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I figured it out and now I understand, you guys voted for Obama. Be honest. That explains all the brain farts!

Are you serious right now...? CC you post some good stuff but this is just ridiculous.

Reaction Score
So Pudge can create the thread. Make accusations, but when called to task, others are made to be the bad guys?

Sounds an awful like every other thread that gets derailed here.

There are significant posters that aren't posting anymore. Accusations? NO buddies ... this is the reality of what has come about. I am not saying that you all have to be Pollyanna. But, you really do need to try to show some respect for differing points of view. It's not a freaking accusation.

Reaction Score
Are you serious right now...? CC you post some good stuff but this is just ridiculous.

It's amazing how upset people get when others don't agree with them. Being a conservative, it reminds me of how liberals react when you don't agree with world view or ideology. They start name calling in the name of political correctness. Yup unfortunately I am guessing that most of the negative types on the yard are liberal left wingers who voted for Obama but now probably won't admit it. By the way, I watch Fox news.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how upset people get when others don't agree with them. Being a conservative, it reminds me of how liberals react when you don't agree with world view or ideology. They start name calling in the name of political correctness. Yup unfortunately I am guessing that most of the negative types on the yard are liberal left wingers who voted for Obama but now probably won't admit it.

You've now gone from awkward to creepy to downright stupid.

Oh am I not allowed to say that anymore?

But just for laughs can you name the liberal posters you're referring to?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's amazing how upset people get when others don't agree with them. Being a conservative, it reminds me of how liberals react when you don't agree with world view or ideology. They start name calling in the name of political correctness. Yup unfortunately I am guessing that most of the negative types on the yard are liberal left wingers who voted for Obama but now probably won't admit it.
Leave it in the Cesspool, Carl. We are not on the football board to see anything to do with politics.

Reaction Score
You've now gone from awkward to creepy to downright stupid.

Oh am I not allowed to say that anymore?

But just for laughs can you name the liberal posters you're referring to?

Of course not but there seems to be a divide here between the negative posters and the more positive ones. Just an observation.
I have friends that are liberals, I don't expect everyone is the same but I am guessing that the positive posters might be a more conservative group while the doom sayer critics lean towards the left. No way to find out and of course I know this isn't a political blog and don't intend to use it as such. Just a thought..

Again, I do not have a problem with constructive rhetoric, it's all the hopeless, end of days stuff that gets old after a while. If I could throw a cum by ya out there, here goes... Remember that although different, we are all UCONN fans and I think mostly men so let's all try to be men and put the sensitivities aside and back our football team. I am excited about tomorrow and will be watching closely. I am getting a little tired of this drivel myself.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Of course not but there seems to be a divide here between the negative posters and the more positive ones. Just an observation.
I have friends that are liberals, I don't expect everyone is the same but I am guessing that the positive posters might be a more conservative group while the doom sayer critics lean towards the left.

Do you believe that I'm one of the more positive posters on this board? I'm guessing you do.

Well then it would shock you to learn that I'm probably the most liberal person on this board. More liberal that Muntz even, if I'm guessing correctly. I'm so liberal that I'm even disgusted often times with the Democrats as well as the Republicans. That's how "left" I am. So let me reiterate what CTMike said; this type of stuff belongs in the Cesspool...

Reaction Score
Do you believe that I'm one of the more positive posters on this board? I'm guessing you do.

Well then it would shock you to learn that I'm probably the most liberal person on this board. More liberal that Muntz even, if I'm guessing correctly. I'm so liberal that I'm even disgusted often times with the Democrats as well as the Republicans. That's how "left" I am. So let me reiterate what CTMike said; this type of stuff belongs in the Cesspool...

No it wouldn't shock me. I still think my original guess might be true. Thanks for being honest.

Reaction Score
Look. Have some remorse. You & the other guy chased a guy off. I am not thrilled with this behavior.

I also believe this is generational & you don't get it. You're a young guy & knocking over older guys is fun for you here.

Wow this is getting scary! Being an old man I have to wonder is this like the cow tipping problem we had decades ago? Was pretty much fake like those hearding off to the I'll Post No More Watering Hole....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom