I'm Done | Page 4 | The Boneyard

I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This game has everything bad about the Diaco era:

Completely concede the first 4 series if the game.
RRRP
Backbreaking turnover
Let Cuse exactly where they want to kick FG at half.
Awful on 3rd down offense and defense.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I also live down in FFld County. I upgraded my seats this year in a show of support. Not sure what the future holds. I do know this, I wish I skipped the game today. Not sure I will go to BCU.

I wasn't going to the game as of last night because of a business commitment so gave my tix and parking pass to a friend. Things changed this morning and at 11am I drove up, got a ticket and was in my seat from start to finish. Kicking myself in the a^^ right now.

Best parts of the day were chicken fingers and flirting with the pretty female State Trooper at the Blue Lot crosswalk.

Reaction Score
If I didn't live 10 minutes from the Rent, I would have a hard time making the games a priority. Anybody who needs a break, especially people who have given 10-15 years of support, I completely get it.

Until there is an offensive head coach brought in, what you see is what you get. I still say if Diaco doesn't go bowling, his seat gets hot right out of the gate next year. If the team collapses to 4-8 or 3-9 I would not be shocked to see Benedict pull the trigger.

Again, anyone who has put in their time, gets cut some slack by me. If I lived in Fairfield County, I would have to rethink things.
I come form Westchester and I'm not gonna give up my seats or stop going to games; but my patience with Diaco, Verducci and Sherriffs is wearing EXTREMELY thin..especially the last 2! Tim Fontenault put it best on twitter after the game when he posted that Diaco "needs to go out of his comfort zone with coaches. Frank Verducci is a problem for this program.". It will be interesting to see what Benedict dictates to him, and how he takes it.

Reaction Score
I wasn't going to the game as of last night because of a business commitment so gave my tix and parking pass to a friend. Things changed this morning and at 11am I drove up, got a ticket and was in my seat from start to finish. Kicking myself in the a^^ right now.

Best parts of the day were chicken fingers and flirting with the pretty female State Trooper at the Blue Lot crosswalk.
She was hot!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This game has everything bad about the Diaco era:

Completely concede the first 4 series if the game.
RRRP
Backbreaking turnover
Let Cuse exactly where they want to kick FG at half.
Awful on 3rd down offense and defense.
We returned a punt today; it wasn't all bad...

Reaction Score
Um it's a message board. Expressing your thoughts and feelings is the point of a message board. You're right I did know what I was doing when I posted this but I'm not really sure what you thought I was doing? Anyways enjoy the season. I don't recognize your handle so I'm going to assume you've only started posting or following in recent years. People who have been around know that I go back to the original Boneyard. Pre-1A status Boneyard. I don't post anymore because this program sucks and it's not worth "bellyaching" about it but this will be worth it is someone in the AD department reads it.

I joined up 2 years ago, but up until recently rarely posted here. If you've ever been to the CSNbbs board, you'd recognize the handle. Since you say you don't recognize it, I'll assume no you haven't.

As for your assumption, I was until the oBE days a casual, "Hey UCONN won (or lost).", kind of fan. I don't have the finances to go "all in". so if you were planning on putting me on blast cause I didn't support it like you did, don't bother.

Reaction Score
Ive been following this program closely for 15 years, I think it's been long enough. Say what you want about me as a fan but I won't waste another beautiful Saturday watching this crap. Life is too short to let idiotic coaches stress me out every weekend. I will be back when and if we ever start winning. Yup these fools have turned me into a bandwagon fan. My Redskins suck, my Knicks suck and my Mets sucked for a long time but I can stomach watching them because they are at the very least competent and entertaining. UConn Football is neither.
Come back LRock34, Pa's got things for you to do and mother wants you, I know she does. Bye LRock34.

Reaction Score
Ive been following this program closely for 15 years, I think it's been long enough. Say what you want about me as a fan but I won't waste another beautiful Saturday watching this crap. Life is too short to let idiotic coaches stress me out every weekend. I will be back when and if we ever start winning. Yup these fools have turned me into a bandwagon fan. My Redskins suck, my Knicks suck and my Mets sucked for a long time but I can stomach watching them because they are at the very least competent and entertaining. UConn Football is neither.

Don't let the door hit ya.....

Reaction Score
Don't let the door hit ya.....

Please help me understand what comments like "don't let the door hit you..." and" I have no respect for" are meant to accomplish? Do you guys think it will help build the program? Maybe help build attendance. I actually think such comments are like the ostrich, stick your head in the sand and maybe it will go away. Come on guys. Enough.

C

Chief00

Yeah our DB was toast today, but in his defense, just a little bit, our defensive philosophy doesn't necessarily scream put oressure on tge oppising team's QB in the pocket. Anybody notice how that QB had time to go thru his progressions? Yeah we got to him ince maybe twice I forget, but you give a QB time, and he can throw football consistently (unlike our QB, who seems to see only one read then gets to running), you're gonna grt picked apart. Not to mention our ultra conservative offensive play didn't help. Ultimately, the pick 6 was the deciding factor on the scoreboard today, but if you watch the game you see what seems to be a lot of opportunities we left on the field.
I have not seen BS even attempt progressions - NCST was right he is a FB not a QB. He threw a nice block on one play.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If we convert fourth and goal this thread doesn't exist.
IF is such a big word - too often used as an excuse
IF they didn't throw an interception, If they recover the onside kick, IF they could (as 90% of teams do) score on 4th and goal
Face it this team is toast in the secondary and insufficient in their offense - other than that they are great!!!
get a real coach, get a real QB and get linemen with skill
This product, right when the school needs it most, is below average at best

Reaction Score
Please help me understand what comments like "don't let the door hit you..." and" I have no respect for" are meant to accomplish? Do you guys think it will help build the program? Maybe help build attendance. I actually think such comments are like the ostrich, stick your head in the sand and maybe it will go away. Come on guys. Enough.
Well, the thought is if you don't stick with the team through the bad times, you don't deserve to experience the good times.

Problem is, if we continue on this path, unfortunately there aren't going to be any more good times. It's not like this is an NFL team and we just have to wait long enough for a good team to be put together. We're already relegated, and it's only going to get worse

Reaction Score
This game was awful. But I have zero respect for anyone who says they are done. Are you a fan or not?
People are sick of spending time and money watching a program that has shown little improvement since 2011. Sports are entertainment and this team provides very little. I doubt the people who are deciding they are done could give a rats ass about your respect.

Reaction Score
Well, the thought is if you don't stick with the team through the bad times, you don't deserve to experience the good times.

Problem is, if we continue on this path, unfortunately there aren't going to be any more good times. It's not like this is an NFL team and we just have to wait long enough for a good team to be put together. We're already relegated, and it's only going to get worse

The problem is the guys who have been around a couple of years have no idea what people like LRock has given to the program financially and emotionally for some 15 years.

Lot of new blood around who haven't paid their dues.

Reaction Score
This is tough to watch. College football is supposed to be a fun experience for fans of a school.

I don't expect to win every week. I (and just about all of us) have been patient. I think any one of us would be very happy with "competent", and/or "exciting", or "on an upward trajectory". But all of that seems like it's miles and miles away.

The worst part is watching other games after ours and seeing these other teams that look like they know what they're doing. Even some of the bad ones look have more moments than we seem to. So depressing.

I wont jump ship yet, but it's getting harder and harder to schedule around these games, and not through them.

Reaction Score
Mehh, not gonna bail either. Today was a downer and things feel like they suck right now, but will continue to (try to) enjoy college football at the Rent for as long as UConn plays games there.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Today was tough for anyone at the game that follows the Blue and White. The line disappointed on both sides of the line and the defensive backs need work and maybe some bump and run would be better than sitting back 10 yards on every play.

Frustrated but will be there in two weeks to see Cincinnati and UConn.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think Diaco is an idiot and Warde Manuel may have been a worse Athletic Director for UConn than Hathaway. I think it was obvious that Diaco was in over his head before he coached his first game at UConn. I thought that the 2014 season was one of the worst coached D1 college football teams I have ever seen. I don't think Diaco is salvageable.

That said, I still love going to the games, and still try to get to as many as possible even as my kids get older.

Reaction Score
Verducci was brought in because he was not a threat to Diaco. We did not bring in an offensive savant. What plays do we run to set up others? Our head coach says we are a running team. Really! Our QB cannot make deep throws and cannot move past the first look. Our DB's play 8 to 10 yards off the receiver at the line then get beat deep. We don't believe in having fast DE's that can rush the passer. We don't blitz. Syracuse decided during the week to see if we could stop their #1 reciever and we made no adjustments to do that all game. The problem for Diaco is that if he thought he was going to use this gig to get a better one, his interview is going south, quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom