I'm Done | The Boneyard

I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ive been following this program closely for 15 years, I think it's been long enough. Say what you want about me as a fan but I won't waste another beautiful Saturday watching this crap. Life is too short to let idiotic coaches stress me out every weekend. I will be back when and if we ever start winning. Yup these fools have turned me into a bandwagon fan. My Redskins suck, my Knicks suck and my Mets sucked for a long time but I can stomach watching them because they are at the very least competent and entertaining. UConn Football is neither.

Reaction Score
I skipped this game Rock. You and I are similar diehards. I'm also done. And numb. Will cut back to 1-2 games next year. Benedict needs to read this thread.

Reaction Score
LRock is spot on with the stress factor. Its not worth it. Watching i mean. Still a bleed Husky blue guy but those WTF moments in big spots not to mention the slow start spot the opposing team 2 scores philosophy makes you keep a case of maalox nearby instead of a beer.

Reaction Score
LRock is spot on with the stress factor. Its not worth it. Watching i mean. Still a bleed Husky blue guy but those WTF moments in big spots not to mention the slow start spot the opposing team 2 scores philosophy makes you keep a case of maalox nearby instead of a beer.
I don't even get upset anymore which means I have either matured or have moved on. No way the former has happened so has to be the latter

Reaction Score
Let's be honest if you're ready to bail now when the athletic dept needs us most, you're not a diehard.

You're right, been here since the 1AA days and still following after 6 horrendous years makes me fair weather.

I prefer happiness and UConn football provides zero joy at this point. This is unacceptable and I hope someone in the athletic department reads this because when the program starts losing fans like me they are in trouble. We have been one of the worst offenses in the country going on 10 years now. Zero imagination. We returned a punt today for the 1st time in 2 flippin years!!!! Nope you're not going to make me feel like I'm wrong for walking away from this. Anyway I've said my peace.

Reaction Score
Why did you feel the need to post anything about "walking away"? I mean it's pretty simple....just walk away. No soapbox, no "hey look at me everyone I'm better than you because I refuse to watch anymore", no nothing. It's just not necessary, because you knew damn well this was going to happen. And you did it anyway. That says a lot about you, none of it good.

Reaction Score
If you only like teams that win plenty of seats available for women's basketball.
Definitely don't need you judging here 6 years of futility and thousands of my hard earned dollars spent on seasons tix and away games to watch this mess is just not worth it

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Definitely don't need you judging here 6 years of futility and thousands of my hard earned dollars spent on seasons tix and away games to watch this mess is just not worth it

Not judging anyone - if you only support teams when they win that is your decision.

Reaction Score
If I didn't live 10 minutes from the Rent, I would have a hard time making the games a priority. Anybody who needs a break, especially people who have given 10-15 years of support, I completely get it.

Until there is an offensive head coach brought in, what you see is what you get. I still say if Diaco doesn't go bowling, his seat gets hot right out of the gate next year. If the team collapses to 4-8 or 3-9 I would not be shocked to see Benedict pull the trigger.

Again, anyone who has put in their time, gets cut some slack by me. If I lived in Fairfield County, I would have to rethink things.

Reaction Score
I don't begrudge anyone who's had enough. I do take exception to somebody who posts that they're done, uses tired weather adjectives, and then gets uppity that someone questions his fandom. He knew what he was doing when he started the thread, so any exceptions he takes with other posters (such as myself), is on him and no amount of bellyaching is gonna change that.

Reaction Score
Not judging anyone - if you only support teams when they win that is your decision.
Fair enough. After six years of this guess I've reached my tipping point.

Reaction Score
LOL! It says nothing more than I needed a place to vent and additionally I want to leave a message for the athletic department. They pretend that they don't read these boards but they do. They need to known how some fans are feeling. I'm an alumn who's been die hard since the beginning but this is no longer acceptable or worth it. You guys enjoy the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
I don't begrudge anyone who's had enough. I do take exception to somebody who posts that they're done, uses tired weather adjectives, and then gets uppity that someone questions his fandom. He knew what he was doing when he started the thread, so any exceptions he takes with other posters (such as myself), is on him and no amount of bellyaching is gonna change that.

Um it's a message board. Expressing your thoughts and feelings is the point of a message board. You're right I did know what I was doing when I posted this but I'm not really sure what you thought I was doing? Anyways enjoy the season. I don't recognize your handle so I'm going to assume you've only started posting or following in recent years. People who have been around know that I go back to the original Boneyard. Pre-1A status Boneyard. I don't post anymore because this program sucks and it's not worth "bellyaching" about it but this will be worth it is someone in the AD department reads it.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If we convert fourth and goal this thread doesn't exist.
True. But with the way these guys coach, it's only a matter of time before this thread would be necessary.

I can already taste the loss to BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro