I'm Done | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Really? Bye bye. If FB causes that much stress I worry for you. My house was recently vandalized to the tune of over $100000 and we have had to move temporarily while repairs are done. That's stressful. Crappy play calling really shouldn't cause more than temporary annoyance.

Reaction Score
Of course it does. But when we have so called die hards bailing? We've earned our spot in conf realignment.
Oh, I agree. I felt like the dream died today. P5, former conference rival and we put 31k in the building? Of course our paint drying offensive approach doesn't exactly scream "come watch us". It's chicken or egg thing, but I'm not hopeful. We better learn to love the Big A painted on our home field. Got a feeling it's going to be there a long while.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let's be honest if you're ready to bail now when the athletic dept needs us most, you're not a diehard.
Let's be honest, if you aren't sick to your stomach after this loss you are probably no a die hard fan. Give it 24 hours.

Reaction Score
I noticed in the program as well that Discos records was missing. It sucks, you're right. Its missing for that very reason and to take it one step further his track record on 4th down conversions inside the 5 yard line is horrific and embarrassing.

I hope Benedict is preparing a list of candidates to replace him.

Reaction Score
Really? Bye bye. If FB causes that much stress I worry for you. My house was recently vandalized to the tune of over $100000 and we have had to move temporarily while repairs are done. That's stressful. Crappy play calling really shouldn't cause more than temporary annoyance.

I'm sitting on my back porch watching LSU/Aub with a cigar and a glass of bourbon. Life doesn't suck. It sucked for a few hours earlier today.

And I got to meet the nicest guy on BY @CTMike so all good. His wife looked at me funny when I told her about that. Uncomfortable moment.

Reaction Score
If we convert fourth and goal this thread doesn't exist.
Yes it still does exist. To see one cornerback badly beaten on 4 or 5 plays without moving him, replacing him or at least giving him support says about the same inflexibility we see on offense . This is the same cornerback who had his back turned to the ball on several plays against Maine. This is either poor coaching or the depth is a lot less than we have been told.
Fourth game of the season and we still have no pass rush, defensive line is a sieve. I think we have the best passing quarterback we have had in 8 or 9 years yet we always seem to run on most first and second downs. I think we'll see many more fans depart before the end of this seaso.

Reaction Score
Oh, I agree. I felt like the dream died today. P5, former conference rival and we put 31k in the building? Of course our paint drying offensive approach doesn't exactly scream "come watch us". It's chicken or egg thing, but I'm not hopeful. We better learn to love the Big A painted on our home field. Got a feeling it's going to be there a long while.

The A was going to be there for a while whether we got 38k today or not.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I noticed in the program as well that Discos records was missing. It sucks, you're right. Its missing for that very reason and to take it one step further his track record on 4th down conversions inside the 5 yard line is horrific and embarrassing.

I hope Benedict is preparing a list of candidates to replace him.
I doubt it, but we need an O-line coach desperately. That's priority #1. Verducci's offense might just look a hell of a lot better if the QB had more time. That said, job #2 in a new offensive coordinator unless we start looking much, much better.

Reaction Score
This too.... maybe our OL playwas overhyped by coach before the season started? I think it's CRYSTAL CLEAR now. I truly hope it improves over the season though.

But I gotta fight the urge to watch us start the gsme in a hole, then fight all the way back yo tie or take the lead, only to have a let down at the end. All 3 FBS games we've played gas that footprint, even tjough we got bailed out by the UVA kicker.
Definitely a drunk text.....;)

Head bang This what I envision when we run QB draw. I love emojis and scotch.

Reaction Score
The A was going to be there for a while whether we got 38k today or not.
I see nothing in the horizon that will increase attendance. We're boring, we don't win, and the fans hate the conference. Today, it literally felt like the Big time football dream is dying. Words can't explain how sad that makes me as a fan of uconn football.

Reaction Score
I see nothing in the horizon that will increase attendance. We're boring, we don't win, and the fans hate the conference. Today, it literally felt like the Big time football dream is dying. Words can't explain how sad that makes me as a fan of uconn football.
UL used to be garbage. So did Stanford. Etc, etc, etc.

We are definitely pretty close to garbage mode right now.

Reaction Score
Why did you feel the need to post anything about "walking away"? I mean it's pretty simple....just walk away. No soapbox, no "hey look at me everyone I'm better than you because I refuse to watch anymore", no nothing. It's just not necessary, because you knew damn well this was going to happen. And you did it anyway. That says a lot about you, none of it good.
Lol. Get real buddy. This entire message board is nothing more than a soapbox.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
If I didn't live 10 minutes from the Rent, I would have a hard time making the games a priority. Anybody who needs a break, especially people who have given 10-15 years of support, I completely get it.

Until there is an offensive head coach brought in, what you see is what you get. I still say if Diaco doesn't go bowling, his seat gets hot right out of the gate next year. If the team collapses to 4-8 or 3-9 I would not be shocked to see Benedict pull the trigger.

Again, anyone who has put in their time, gets cut some slack by me. If I lived in Fairfield County, I would have to rethink things.

I've had season tickets for 16 years and live in FFld County. I'll continue to buy 4 tickets a year and donate to the school as well. I can't say I'll continue to make getting to every game a priority. I'm worn out.

Reaction Score
Yes it still does exist. To see one cornerback badly beaten on 4 or 5 plays without moving him, replacing him or at least giving him support says about the same inflexibility we see on offense . This is the same cornerback who had his back turned to the ball on several plays against Maine. This is either poor coaching or the depth is a lot less than we have been told.
Fourth game of the season and we still have no pass rush, defensive line is a sieve. I think we have the best passing quarterback we have had in 8 or 9 years yet we always seem to run on most first and second downs. I think we'll see many more fans depart before the end of this seaso.
Yeah our DB was toast today, but in his defense, just a little bit, our defensive philosophy doesn't necessarily scream put oressure on tge oppising team's QB in the pocket. Anybody notice how that QB had time to go thru his progressions? Yeah we got to him ince maybe twice I forget, but you give a QB time, and he can throw football consistently (unlike our QB, who seems to see only one read then gets to running), you're gonna grt picked apart. Not to mention our ultra conservative offensive play didn't help. Ultimately, the pick 6 was the deciding factor on the scoreboard today, but if you watch the game you see what seems to be a lot of opportunities we left on the field.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This game was awful. But I have zero respect for anyone who says they are done. Are you a fan or not?

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Yes it still does exist. To see one cornerback badly beaten on 4 or 5 plays without moving him, replacing him or at least giving him support says about the same inflexibility we see on offense . This is theex same cornerback who had his back turned to the ball on several plays against Maine. This is either poor coaching or the depth is a lot less than we have been told.
Agree 1000%, is there anyone that could have switched off with him? How about stop playing off the line 10 plus yards and press their damn receivers? Show some of that strength and conditioning off that is always talked about. I mean how about turning around and looking for the ball when the receiver begins to make a move for the ball, pass interference will not be called if your head is turned around looking for the ball. That can be taught but being 3 or 4 inches shorter can not.

Reaction Score
I think having only about 30000 fans for Syracuse says many fans have already said "I'm out of here"
Sadly, I believe this is spot on. I brought my wife and kids (story for another thread), she described the game and team as "sad", no other word. I bring her to 1 game a year.

Reaction Score
Agree 1000%, is there anyone that could have switched off with him? How about stop playing off the line 10 plus yards and press their damn receivers? Show some of that strength and conditioning off that is always talked about. I mean how about turning around and looking for the ball when
I hate seeing a CB playing 10 yds of the LOS too but, unfortunately that's the defensive philosophy we run. That bend but don't D.
What got me was he never turned for the ball either. He tried to knock the ball away from the WR as the ball got too the WR. Didnt work.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Agree 1000%, is there anyone that could have switched off with him? How about stop playing off the line 10 plus yards and press their damn receivers? Show some of that strength and conditioning off that is always talked about. I mean how about turning around and looking for the ball when the receiver begins to make a move for the ball, pass interference will not be called if your head is turned around looking for the ball. That can be taught but being 3 or 4 inches shorter can not.

Get out of my head! Exact same points I bitched about the entire ride home. Good post.

Reaction Score
I've had season tickets for 16 years and live in FFld County. I'll continue to buy 4 tickets a year and donate to the school as well. I can't say I'll continue to make getting to every game a priority. I'm worn out.

I also live down in FFld County. I upgraded my seats this year in a show of support. Not sure what the future holds. I do know this, I wish I skipped the game today. Not sure I will go to BCU.

Reaction Score
16 year ticket holder from 1998 on. My wife is very ill so I couldn't re-up this year. I was so sad to miss the Rent for all it stands for- the underdog, a can do team and aspirations of something bigger. It's even worse watching a decade of hard work destroyed in the last 6 years.... Truly a legacy squandered. I hope to be back, but honestly I wonder if we can ever recapture what was built without an unflinching commitment to going big time. Diaco seemed like a great agent for change. The objective truth is little has changed. something has to give otherwise we will be a middling MAC level program for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom