I'm Done | Page 6 | The Boneyard

I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had a great time yesterday. Family, friends, good weather, some nice food and beer. Was the outcome disappointing? Sure.

I'll be brutally honest. When I read some of this stuff I think folks have really lost perspective.

Liked your post uconndogs. I have travel 3 hours one way to each game.
As you mentioned, outcome was freaking disappointing. So was Navy (I was there). The disappointment to me is that expectation of real time
in game coaching decisions over the course of 6 years has not lived up to the resume'.

Players play.... coaches coach. IMO, The program turned the corner 3 years ago but can't get over the "hump".
Real time in game day decisions..... easy to lose your perspective over the course of last six years. Losing games does that.

I don't know if it is really losing perspective or losing patience......

Reaction Score
Did you really mean to go back to 2002? That would include DanO. Considering he holds most if not all of our all time QB passing records, and Rentschler could be described as the house DanO built, I can't see him being lumped together with all the QBs we've had since.

Otherwise, I agree with everything you indicated.

That was precisely what I meant to type. And Senator Quayle, I knew Jack Kennedy, and you are no Jack Kennedy. Dan Orlovsky was an extraordinary college quarterback and we have not seen anyone close to him since ... and when you look at Rutgers, Syracuse and BC in that timeframe, only Matt Ryan exceeded. That Nessen kid wasn't his level. Having said that, I don't think this is a regional thing. That QB coach in Thousand Oaks, CA keeps pumping out one after another to Universities. We just don't find nor develop here at UConn; and apparently these others.

Reaction Score
This is a message board - there aren't many other options when it comes to them. Why do you have such a problem with his post? Just don't respond if you are so put off by it.

This is a message board. If his post pissed him off why wouldn't he respond to it? If YOU had a problem with his post maybe YPU should've followed your own advice.

Reaction Score
This is a message board - there aren't many other options when it comes to them. Why do you have such a problem with his post? Just don't respond if you are so put off by it.

I explained myself on Page 1. If you're too inconvenienced to check it out, well.......I can't help you.

Reaction Score
This is a message board. If his post pissed him off why wouldn't he respond to it? If YOU had a problem with his post maybe YPU should've followed your own advice.

I don't deal well with ignorant posts and posters. If you (generally speaking) make an ignorant post, which IMO the OP did, don't get mad and get your "jimmies" rustled when others call you out on your ignorance. Pretty simple really.

Reaction Score
I don't deal well with ignorant posts and posters. If you (generally speaking) make an ignorant post, which IMO the OP did, don't get mad and get your "jimmies" rustled when others call you out on your ignorance. Pretty simple really.

Lotta talk for someone with less than 100 posts. You couldn't carry the OP's jock strap when it comes to the investment of time, money and emotion he has put into this team.

I'd say you are the ignorant one.

Reaction Score
I don't understand this sentiment after yesterday's game. I could see it three years ago, but yesterday? The game with almost 900 yards of combined offense, a fake kick, multiple attempts to go for it on fourth down, several highly contested throws down the field, an onside kick that damn near worked? To the extent that the game plan was conservative yesterday is overstated.

If you're leaving after yesterday, you're leaving because they lost. Because even though it's frustrating to lose a winnable game, there have been far, far more painful losses over the last half-decade alone as a UConn football fan (week 2 game being one of them).

If you don't want to watch AAC football you don't want to watch AAC football. I won't blame you. It's not the highest level. But don't pretend that it's for any sort of noble reason when you've been watching far worse for years now.

Reaction Score
Lotta talk for someone with less than 100 posts. You couldn't carry the OP's jock strap when it comes to the investment of time, money and emotion he has put into this team.

I'd say you are the ignorant one.

Oh dang Jethtro, you really burned me with that post. Do you have any ointment for the sick burn you just gave me?

I also didn't realize you were the board policeman, that deigns to grant a person such as myself a magical post count before I'm allowed to say anything about anybody.

Next time I'll be sure to ask your permission before posting. Lest I incur the wrath of such a superior intellect, like yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom