I'm Done | Page 5 | The Boneyard

I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Paul Pasqualoni hire was a knee jerk, hurry up appointment - coming on the heels of our fast ascension as a newbie program. It turned out to be a train wreck, but the Bob Diaco hire was a "fool us twice" debacle. After PP, it was clear we needed to upgrade the program on the offensive side of the ball. So what did UConn do? Hire Boy Blunder, who wishes he grew up in the fifties where games ended 3-0, 14-7, 9-3. UConn will not be competitive til they get someone (head coach or an offensive coordinator with oversight authority) that understands the passing game (from recruiting to coaching it to game planning & management).

Reaction Score
Enough with using Uconns football training fascilities as miracle workers for the poor recruiting on the part Disco and his staff. We need **** guys at least over the next couple of years to be competitive. And the only way to get them is with a new coach, because Disco can't do it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm not disagreeing with anyone in this thread about the need for offense but I can't wait for the day when we get an offensive minded coach who can't hire a solid DC and threads start popping up about the "good old days" when we used to have a solid D.

Reaction Score
Had a great time yesterday. Family, friends, good weather, some nice food and beer. Was the outcome disappointing? Sure.

I'll be brutally honest. When I read some of this stuff I think folks have really lost perspective.

Reaction Score
If we convert fourth and goal this thread doesn't exist.

How many times do we have to say that or similar before it becomes too redundant to ignore the trend?

In your job is failing repeatedly acceptable as long as you come close to doing it right?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have not seen BS even attempt progressions - NCST was right he is a FB not a QB. He threw a nice block on one play.
He was not going to play behind the kid who started for the Pats against Houston.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It's an arrogant, incompetent head coach. Amazing he doesn't think of the crowd.

If he hasn't already, he's about to lose whatever "crowd" he's got left.

Reaction Score
People are sick of spending time and money watching a program that has shown little improvement since 2011. Sports are entertainment and this team provides very little. I doubt the people who are deciding they are done could give a rats ass about your respect.
Odd, the finishes to these games have been very entertaining. We were still very much in it until that long last completion or else they would have been punting from their end zone. Our group has never been so loud.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Please help me understand what comments like "don't let the door hit you..." and" I have no respect for" are meant to accomplish? Do you guys think it will help build the program?
Couldn't agree less. What do you think a self-indulgent post bragging about quitting on the team is supposed to accomplish? Does that help build the program?

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Nobody is happy with the way Diaco has coached this year. It's become crystal clear last year was all about our turnover. The other thing that people don't want to admit or talk about is that maybe, just maybe, we don't have good enough players.

If we don't have good enough players, whose fault is that? Bobby already has a lot of his own recruits on the team. If recruiting is to blame, that responsibility is mostly his at this point. As for the last remaining holdover recruits from the PP era, don't play any of them if they suck.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I get away from my life for a few hours. Drink and eat with my friends. Yes, the team stinks. But... I get away from my life for a few hours and drink and eat with my friends.
Unfortunately the football program is marketed and sold as a place to do just that. We have a great tailgating scene that is looking for a reason to go inside the game. The games turn off most casual fans.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree less. What do you think a self-indulgent post bragging about quitting on the team is supposed to accomplish? Does that help build the program?

If you conclude that the current regime cannot build the program, you try and make your opinion noticed the best way you can. It's really quite simple.
If enough people believe and post the same feelings, the idea is it will force change on the program. They might actually get a head coach that knows how to do this. Hence, that would build the program.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you conclude that the current regime cannot build the program, you try and make your opinion noticed the best way you can. It's really quite simple. If enough people believe and post the same feelings, the idea is it will force change on the program. They might actually get head coach that knows how to do this. Hence, that would build the program.

I know you think that sounds good in theory, but it's nonsense. The powers that be know the story. They want the program to be a success. Having folks loudly proclaim they are out might give themselves some temporary satisfaction but it doesn't help build the program in the least. I think it hurts.

Reaction Score
Why did you feel the need to post anything about "walking away"? I mean it's pretty simple....just walk away.
This is a message board - there aren't many other options when it comes to them. Why do you have such a problem with his post? Just don't respond if you are so put off by it.

Reaction Score
I know you think that sounds good in theory, but it's nonsense. The powers that be know the story. They want the program to be a success. Having folks loudly proclaim they are out might give themselves some temporary satisfaction but it doesn't help build the program in the least. I think it hurts.

Well, it's a theory that has pretty much worked in our democratic society since our beginning but have at it.
Assuming is a much better strategy.

Reaction Score
Ive been following this program closely for 15 years, I think it's been long enough. Say what you want about me as a fan but I won't waste another beautiful Saturday watching this crap. Life is too short to let idiotic coaches stress me out every weekend. I will be back when and if we ever start winning. Yup these fools have turned me into a bandwagon fan. My Redskins suck, my Knicks suck and my Mets sucked for a long time but I can stomach watching them because they are at the very least competent and entertaining. UConn Football is neither.

Hasta Luego

I think you bond yourself to a University different than to the Mets or Cowboys. When I get around that curve on 195 ... I get choked up. And my adult life goes from Memorial Stadium & dust falling on me at the Fieldhouse & lifting kegs into Morrone to FOUR national championships plus lots of joy from Football. This is something you pull together with all the rest of us - Stakeholders.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I brought my 7 year old son to his first UConn football game yesterday.

He saw his dad hollerin' and hootin'. He saw the cheerleaders and dance team. He saw Jonathan. He saw the band. He had popcorn and soda. He yelled, "First down!" and "Stick it in, stick it in, stick it in!" He yelled, "Beat Stinkacuse!" He slapped a high-five with a complete stranger in front of him after we scored a TD.

And after the onside kick had failed and his dad was going to rip out his last 3 hairs and was completely dejected, he said, "Dad, I had a great time. Did you have a great time?"

"Yeah, son. I had a great time..."

Reaction Score
I'm not disagreeing with anyone in this thread about the need for offense but I can't wait for the day when we get an offensive minded coach who can't hire a solid DC and threads start popping up about the "good old days" when we used to have a solid D.

We had a good D when Edsall was here. We had a decent D when Don Brown was coaching. Now we have a D that get lit up often and give up huge chunks of yards.

Reaction Score
I think the OP is talking out of pure emotion and I dont blame him, it is very demoralizing watching this team but ill still watch because thats what I do I'm too stubborn to. No one fan is suffering more then the next, we can voice our displeasure but please dont decide not to come to games anymore.

Reaction Score
Yep, BS is a great QB. Keep buying Bob D's used car salesman stuff.

O Please.

Have you watched our Quarterbacks since 2002? Shirreffs can be far above our norm. Yes, contrasted to peer programs, we have been horrid at this position. Bryant Shirreffs is a plus; but, he can't overcome a poorly structured offensive philosophy.

C

Chief00

O Please.

Have you watched our Quarterbacks since 2002? Shirreffs can be far above our norm. Yes, contrasted to peer programs, we have been horrid at this position. Bryant Shirreffs is a plus; but, he can't overcome a poorly structured offensive philosophy.
I have been a season ticket holder since The Rent's inception and used to go to a couple games a year at Memorial Stadium. Unfortunately, the teams we play are "peer programs". That's who we have to beat. We need to be better than them at some key positions.

Internally, we don't have the defense or running games we have had under Edsall. Still say Frazier was better than many give him credit for.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
O Please.

Did you really mean to go back to 2002? That would include DanO. Considering he holds most if not all of our all time QB passing records, and Rentschler could be described as the house DanO built, I can't see him being lumped together with all the QBs we've had since.

Otherwise, I agree with everything you indicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom