GOT Season Six | Page 39 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Going out on a limb at suggest that Varys takes out Littlefinger. Does the show really need him anymore?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think Tommen is gonna get it and that'll be the spark that leads Cersei to say f it, burn this whole thing down. Bring on the chaos.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think Tommen is gonna get it and that'll be the spark that leads Cersei to say f it, burn this whole thing down. Bring on the chaos.

Didn't Jamie just say during his speech to Edmure that women like Catelyn and Cersei would burn cities to ash for their children? Maybe some foreshadowing. Also, would be history repeating itself: Jamie must once again kill a ruler that is threatening to burn King's Landing to the ground. Will he become the Queenslayer next?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Going out on a limb at suggest that Varys takes out Littlefinger. Does the show really need him anymore?

Maybe down the line he does, but I can't imagine that's what his secret mission entails. Littlefinger is so far down his list of enemies right now I'd be stunned if he went out of his way to dedicate resources to his murder.

Reaction Score
So what is Varis up to in lining up allies?

My guess would be that he is sailing to Dorne. The Sandsnakes haven't been in this season since episode 2, I believe, and they are already on the verge of war with the Lannisters. Also, Elia Martel was supposed to be queen to Rhaegar Targaryen. Dorne is probably the one place that Dany could safely land her ships. Dany has already provided Yara/Theon with autonomous rule of the Iron Islands if she takes the Iron Throne, I can see this happening in Dorne as well.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It seems that "Ruler of the Seven Kingdoms" is more a title than anyone wielding real power. Like, ok Dany, have at it... But if the various regions are going to be semi-autonomous what's the point? I guess hoping for peace and stability? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My guess would be that he is sailing to Dorne. The Sandsnakes haven't been in this season since episode 2, I believe, and they are already on the verge of war with the Lannisters. Also, Elia Martel was supposed to be queen to Rhaegar Targaryen. Dorne is probably the one place that Dany could safely land her ships. Dany has already provided Yara/Theon with autonomous rule of the Iron Islands if she takes the Iron Throne, I can see this happening in Dorne as well.

This is plausible at least. But Varys could be up to just about anything. Nobody is better connected, including Baelish.

I'm pretty sure Varys knows about Gendry, and could be using him, coupled with the High Sparrow forcing Cersei to essentially prove the Tommen is not a Baratheon, to put Gendry on the Iron Throne.

He also might know of Jon's true parentage, and could essentially recruit him as an Ally for Dany, who would likely give the Starks control of the North if they followed her basic guidelines (given that Ned banished Jorah for slave trading, it would seem they align on principles).

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Varys knows about Gendry, and could be using him, coupled with the High Sparrow forcing Cersei to essentially prove the Tommen is not a Baratheon, to put Gendry on the Iron Throne.
Just to have Dany come in with dragons and take it back from him?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Can't kill off all the interesting villains yet. Ramsey's gone. And Littlefinger's got a lot of double crossing to do.

And would you really want that psychotic kid in charge of a small army? Course he might just throw the whole lot out the moon door.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Didn't Jamie just say during his speech to Edmure that women like Catelyn and Cersei would burn cities to ash for their children? Maybe some foreshadowing. Also, would be history repeating itself: Jamie must once again kill a ruler that is threatening to burn King's Landing to the ground. Will he become the Queenslayer next?

If Tommen dies, Cersei has no power and is effectively kicked to the curb. It's gonna take more than one undead Mountain to rule a kingdom.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Just to have Dany come in with dragons and take it back from him?

Maybe, maybe not. Varys is the only guy playing the game who doesn't want to win. He wants to eliminate the bad guys. That's his game. He props up the decent people and cuts down those he views as threats to the people. Cersei remains on his list.

In a world where the three people competing for the throne are Gendry, Dany and Jon, Varys has already won. He's backing Dany (and Tyrion), but there is no way he has all his eggs in one basket.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If Tommen dies, Cersei has no power and is effectively kicked to the curb. It's gonna take more than one undead Mountain to rule a kingdom.

If she has a bunch of wildfire, she's got power.

Reaction Score
This is plausible at least. But Varys could be up to just about anything. Nobody is better connected, including Baelish.

He also might know of Jon's true parentage, and could essentially recruit him as an Ally for Dany, who would likely give the Starks control of the North if they followed her basic guidelines (given that Ned banished Jorah for slave trading, it would seem they align on principles).

Dorne is going to war with the Lannisters, and Elia Martell was Rhygaer's murdered queen. I'd say it's a certainty UConnTrumbell is ultimately proven correct.
I just hope there's more to Varys' mission. The Spider has been planning on a restoration for a long time. I would be a little disappointed if he has nothing up his sleeve to surprise us with other than an alliance with Sand Snakes already at war with the Lannisters.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If she has a bunch of wildfire, she's got power.

But only two other people to light a ton of different caches, one of which I'm not certain could even handle the job)? She's a team of three (Qyburn/Mountain). She could be easily killed as well (arrow or whatever). Jaime would never light those caches.

They aren't the only ones who know of the caches either. If Qyburn knows, so does Varys.

Reaction Score
Maybe, maybe not. Varys is the only guy playing the game who doesn't want to win. He wants to eliminate the bad guys. That's his game. He props up the decent people and cuts down those he views as threats to the people. Cersei remains on his list.

In a world where the three people competing for the throne are Gendry, Dany and Jon, Varys has already won. He's backing Dany (and Tyrion), but there is no way he has all his eggs in one basket.

Varys could have intervened on Ned Stark's behalf. Say what you will about Ned, he was the king of good guys in the GOT. Instead, he stood aside and allowed Joffrey to take the throne because that was more likely to help Dany. And that was before he could a known Viserys was dead.

Set aside Varys words, and his motives are more pro Targaryean than pro good guys. I therefore don't assume we know all of his motives.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Can't kill off all the interesting villains yet. Ramsey's gone. And Littlefinger's got a lot of double crossing to do.

And would you really want that psychotic kid in charge of a small army? Course he might just throw the whole lot out the moon door.

Since Varys can't repeat his mission from the books because of changes to the storyline, I just went with the biggest WTF moment I could think of.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Varys could have intervened on Ned Stark's behalf. Say what you will about Ned, he was the king of good guys in the GOT. Instead, he stood aside and allowed Joffrey to take the throne because that was more likely to help Dany. And that was before he could a known Viserys was dead.

Set aside Varys words, and his motives are more pro Targaryean than pro good guys. I therefore don't assume we know all of his motives.

Intervening would have taken him out of the game. He saves himself first. I don't think he's pro Targaerian, just pro Dany. In the show at least, he had no interest in them until he heard she was liberating slaves.

I have no doubt he helped the Tyrells eliminate Joffrey, and he certainly helped Tyrion escape. We will see what he's up to. It won't just be the obvious.

Reaction Score
Varys is just one of the characters whose storylines were screwed up by GRRM in the books. Don't know if the show is an improvement yet, but I have no problem with the deviation because his story in the later books sucks. A lot.

Reaction Score
According to the onscreen guide, the season finale is supposed to run an extra 15 minutes.

Hopefully, we'll be talking Sunday night/Monday about how good the episode was and what's set up for next season.

Reaction Score
According to the onscreen guide, the season finale is supposed to run an extra 15 minutes.

Hopefully, we'll be talking Sunday night/Monday about how good the episode was and what's set up for next season.
If they turn the Tower of Joy into a needless cliffhanger like what they did with Jon Snow last season I may never watch again.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I'm fairly certain it will end with a key death. Who? I have no idea.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom