GOT Season Six | Page 41 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And here I was worried that all these characters were going to lead to unresolved loose ends at the end of the show.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can't complain about that finale. Well one small one....I wish Bran heard the whisper from Lyanna to Ned.
Otherwise tremendous.

Reaction Score
Cersei is still the dumbest player of the game. How long does she have to reign now? She murdered the only other family that once supported her family and has no blood claim to the throne of her own. Her fall will be the easiest conquest in the history of conquests.

Is there a single major family that doesn't want her dead? As the dragons come for her? Her greatest failure has been interpreting the prophecy to mean Margery would replace her. Wait until Danny comes with fire and blood. It'll be hilarious.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Cersei is still the dumbest player of the game. How long does she have to reign now? She murdered the only other family that once supported her family and has no blood claim to the throne of her own. Her fall will be the easiest conquest in the history of conquests.

Is there a single major family that doesn't want her dead? As the dragons come for her? Her greatest failure has been interpreting the prophecy to mean Margery would replace her. Wait until Danny comes with fire and blood. It'll be hilarious.

She's hosed, but I think she knows it. Dorne and Highgarden are lined up against her. The North is united, behind a Targaerian/Stark, whether they know it or not. The line of defense the Lannisters hoped to get with the Boltons is doing to be gone thanks to Arya. Cersei just wants to see the world burn at this point.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

She had to survive the trial, so the High Sparrow needed to burn. It would have made sense to keep Margaery alive somehow, but Margaery had pissed her off and she thought Tommen could be turned to someone else. Not sure why Pycelle had to go, other than pretty much everyone hated him.

I am not clear what the remaining plot even is at this point. Tyrell's and Martell's aren't even in the game any more. The Iron Islands are split, and the Riverlands are leaderless after Arya's killing spree. The Starks are hanging out with about a dozen of their closest friends in an empty castle in the middle of nowhere. Dany already has two of the biggest and least bloodied houses as allies.

The Mountain will get torched by a dragon, and the battle for Kings Landing will be pretty much over. Littlefinger will cause some additional mischief, but he is not long for the world.

The worst part is that my favorite player, Margaery, got torched, while the three biggest dipspits in the game, Sansa, Jon Snow, and Dany, are winning and poised to be allies. Ugh.

I am rooting for the Night King.

Reaction Score

I don't disagree about Cersei, but she was at a point (and arriving there was entirely her own fault) where her only choices were (a) admit guilt, again or (b) a ridiculous act of destruction. The High Sparrow's error was thinking that Cersei wouldn't do anything so drastic.

What she will be facing next season will be a repeat of Stannis' attempted invasion of King's Landing, except there won't be a friendly army from High Garden riding to the rescue. Also, the person who devised the defense that worked so well previously is now with the invading force, so that approach won't work again.

I thought the finale was really well done, overall. My favorite part was Arya putting an end to Walder Frey. I figured something was going to happen to him, but I thought it might involve some deal Jaime made with Edmure or something like that. Confirmation of Jon's parentage was nice to finally see.

One thing I found myself wondering about was the destruction of the Sept of Baelor. The best explanation is "because fantasy plot" but how did they put that fire out? Does King's Landing have a fire department? More pressing is what is the explanation behind the explosion? Cersei's side can offer a story that the gods were unhappy with the High Sparrow and destroyed him, but people will wonder why that explosion and the explosion that crippled Stannis' fleet looked very similar. Cersei's absence from the proceedings will also be seen as suspicious. Maybe none of that is a concern because there is no significant character left in King's Landing to ask those questions.

Lastly, I thought we might see some move by the Night King, but they remain the biggest tease of the series. In the books, they appear in the opening pages, even before we meet the Starks. Now, we've technically reached the end of book 6 (or thereabouts) and the white walkers still haven't moved south of the Wall. They wrecked the Night's Watch at the Fist of the First Men, the Wildlings at Hardhome, and the 3 Eyed Crow's pad, but they still haven't actually threatened the 7 kingdoms. Based on what Benjen Stark said, the dead can't go past the Wall, so their threat is contained. Do we see, early next season, the Night King solve that problem and breach the wall? If so, I hope they explain why that couldn't have been done earlier in the series.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Overall a great episode, although the writers created another plot hole with the Riverlands. I thought Edmund had cut a deal that would enable him to remain free. Why did Frey say he was in a cell?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Overall a great episode, although the writers created another plot hole with the Riverlands. I thought Edmund had cut a deal that would enable him to remain free. Why did Frey say he was in a cell?

Think that was to save his sons, no?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So if you are Jon Snow, what does your Small Council look like? Is a 10 year old girl your most competent advisor?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

He cut the deal with Jamie. Walder ignored it. Now we will see if Arya frees him.

Reaction Score
She had to survive the trial, so the High Sparrow needed to burn. It would have made sense to keep Margaery alive somehow, but Margaery had pissed her off and she thought Tommen could be turned to someone else. Not sure why Pycelle had to go, other than pretty much everyone hated him.

I am not clear what the remaining plot even is at this point. Tyrell's and Martell's aren't even in the game any more. The Iron Islands are split, and the Riverlands are leaderless after Arya's killing spree. The Starks are hanging out with about a dozen of their closest friends in an empty castle in the middle of nowhere. Dany already has two of the biggest and least bloodied houses as allies.

The Mountain will get torched by a dragon, and the battle for Kings Landing will be pretty much over. Littlefinger will cause some additional mischief, but he is not long for the world.

The worst part is that my favorite player, Margaery, got torched, while the three biggest dipspits in the game, Sansa, Jon Snow, and Dany, are winning and poised to be allies. Ugh.

I am rooting for the Night King.

You should have chosen your favorites more wisely.

Reaction Score
RE: Cersei's Prophecy -

It was foretold that Cersei will be queen until “there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.” It’s pretty easy to tell who that’s referring to. Daenerys Targaryen is coming with hundreds of ships, thousands of men, and three dragons to kick Cersei right off that throne she just claimed.

But the last part of the prophecy is the most intriguing. It is the part that tells of Cersei’s final demise: “When your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”

The word “Valonqar” means “little brother” in Valyrian. At first glance, “little brother” could refer to Tyrion, who certainly fits the phrase. Tyrion is on a boat with Daenerys, ready to aid the Queen of Dragons in dethroning his sweet sister.

But what if the prophecy is foretelling that Jaime will be the one to kill her? Jaime and Cersei are twins, but Cersei came out of the womb first, making Jaime her “little brother” in the strictest sense. Jaime killed Aerys to stop him from using wildfire to kill the people of King’s Landing, and that is exactly what Cersei did when she blew up the Great Sept.

It was her actions that led to Tommen’s suicide, and with all of their children gone, Jaime may realize that Cersei is no longer the sister he loved. She has turned into the Mad Queen, and he may be forced to kill another Iron Throne occupant. It would be a fitting end to the tale of power-hungry treachery and karmic retribution that has defined the Lannisters.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

It was foretold that Cersei will be queen until “there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.” It’s pretty easy to tell who that’s referring to. Daenerys Targaryen is coming with hundreds of ships, thousands of men, and three dragons to kick Cersei right off that throne she just claimed.

But the last part of the prophecy is the most intriguing. It is the part that tells of Cersei’s final demise: “When your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”

The word “Valonqar” means “little brother” in Valyrian. At first glance, “little brother” could refer to Tyrion, who certainly fits the phrase. Tyrion is on a boat with Daenerys, ready to aid the Queen of Dragons in dethroning his sweet sister.

But what if the prophecy is foretelling that Jaime will be the one to kill her? Jaime and Cersei are twins, but Cersei came out of the womb first, making Jaime her “little brother” in the strictest sense. Jaime killed Aerys to stop him from using wildfire to kill the people of King’s Landing, and that is exactly what Cersei did when she blew up the Great Sept.

It was her actions that led to Tommen’s suicide, and with all of their children gone, Jaime may realize that Cersei is no longer the sister he loved. She has turned into the Mad Queen, and he may be forced to kill another Iron Throne occupant. It would be a fitting end to the tale of power-hungry treachery and karmic retribution that has defined the Lannisters.

I really like your twist, but I'll be pretty happy with either result.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I figured that Tommen would get whacked leading to Cersei saying "burn it down"... I got it backwards. Love seeing chaos in Kings Landing.

Aside - saw someone make the joke that Tommen had a real King's Landing... Too soon? :)

There are very few real players for the throne. It's Dany's, the only question is how.

Reaction Score
Tyrell's and Martell's aren't even in the game any more. The Iron Islands are split, and the Riverlands are leaderless after Arya's killing spree. The Starks are hanging out with about a dozen of their closest friends in an empty castle in the middle of nowhere. Dany already has two of the biggest and least bloodied houses as allies.

The Tyrell's and Martell's are with Dany. Some of the ships in that last scene had their house sigils on them. I'm curious to know who Dany would marry to form an alliance. Can't be Jon since that would be her presumed nephew (incest is a Lannister thing). Possibly Euron to avoid that fight?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The Tyrell's and Martell's are with Dany. Some of the ships in that last scene had their house sigils on them. I'm curious to know who Dany would marry to form an alliance. Can't be Jon since that would be her presumed nephew (incest is a Lannister thing). Possibly Euron to avoid that fight?

Well both Sophie Turner and Emelia Clarke have suggested that their character should have lesbian love affairs...so Dany Marries Sansa and unites Westeros. :cool:

Realistically, I think they could match her with Jon anyway...but maybe Gendry? There are no young men left really. Bran?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Well by the prophecy Jamie is disqualified. He only has one hand.

Reaction Score
Tyrell's and Martell's aren't even in the game any more. The Iron Islands are split, and the Riverlands are leaderless after Arya's killing spree. The Starks are hanging out with about a dozen of their closest friends in an empty castle in the middle of nowhere. Dany already has two of the biggest and least bloodied houses as allies.

Reaction Score
Incest was first and foremost a Targaryan thing. It was well known that they married family members to keep the bloodlines strong.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Incest was first and foremost a Targaryan thing. It was well known that they married family members to keep the bloodlines strong.

Jaime and Cersei talk about it in Season 4 or 5.

So back to my original point about R+L=J...All this misery could have been prevented if Lyanna had just come clean that Robert Baratheon was never leaving the FriendZone.

Reaction Score
Jaime and Cersei talk about it in Season 4 or 5.

So back to my original point about R+L=J...All this misery could have been prevented if Lyanna had just come clean that Robert Baratheon was never leaving the FriendZone.

My wife's reaction to the Tower of Joy was cattier---"I thought Lyanna was supposed to be pretty."

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My wife's reaction to the Tower of Joy was cattier---"I thought Lyanna was supposed to be pretty."

It's a fair point. In a show with lots of beautiful women, the one character who was most renowned for beauty wasn't very pretty at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom