GOT Season Six | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Figured I would start one without all the trailer guessing....

Anywho, I found this today and thought it was interesting:
GOT DEAL POOL

Reaction Score
I'm all in on Tommen. Throw a few shekels in on Grey Worm for the odds.

Reaction Score
Rickon Stark is going to be the instrument of Niedermeyer's death before he dies. Psycho boy will make Arya look like Mother Theresa. At least in the books . . . .

Cersei is the safest person in the game so long as Tommen is alive. Tommen won't be alive forever . . . .

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
One of Roose and Ramsey will kill the other, and it will come out of nowhere. Ramsey is such a colossal screw up that his continued existence is becoming problematic in the plot, and this is usually around the time that the show kills a character off. Either Roose will kill Ramsey, or Ramsey will realize it is about to happen and kill Roose. I don't see both of them surviving the season.

No way Bran survives the show (although if he becomes a tree, is he really dead?), but i think he makes it out of this season.

Jorah is toast.

Varys is almost like a narrator in the show, so he will make it.

The High Sparrow is almost certainly dead. Jonathan Pryce is in a million things, so I would be surprised if he comes back for another season.

I think Sansa is going to win, so obviously she survives.

Arya is going to kill 1 or more characters this season.

Tyrion is 50/50.

Tommen, Cersei and Jaime are going to be kept around a little longer.

I think Margaery makes it through the season, Loras doesn't. I think the actor that plays Loras is already starring in another series somewhere.

Wilko Johnson, who plays Ilyn Payne, has terminal cancer. I suspect this is why they eliminated the character from the show and replaced his parts with Bronn.

My overall predictions for the SHOW only:

Sansa wins - even if Martin has something different in the books, i think HBO will have the Starks win.

Danaerys dies fighting White Walkers with her dragons.

Arya kills Cersei eventually.

Brienne and Jaime vanish together, and one of the last scenes of the show will be them on a farm somewhere.

Sansa marries Margaery - OK, this is what I want to happen. Sophie Turner is 20 now. Time for her to step up in the nudity department.

Reaction Score
She's in the upcoming X-Men movie, at least according to the lifesized cutouts in the lobby of the AMC theater in Plainville.

Reaction Score
One of Roose and Ramsey will kill the other, and it will come out of nowhere. Ramsey is such a colossal screw up that his continued existence is becoming problematic in the plot, and this is usually around the time that the show kills a character off. Either Roose will kill Ramsey, or Ramsey will realize it is about to happen and kill Roose. I don't see both of them surviving the season.

No way Bran survives the show (although if he becomes a tree, is he really dead?), but i think he makes it out of this season.

Jorah is toast.

Varys is almost like a narrator in the show, so he will make it.

The High Sparrow is almost certainly dead. Jonathan Pryce is in a million things, so I would be surprised if he comes back for another season.

I think Sansa is going to win, so obviously she survives.

Arya is going to kill 1 or more characters this season.

Tyrion is 50/50.

Tommen, Cersei and Jaime are going to be kept around a little longer.

I think Margaery makes it through the season, Loras doesn't. I think the actor that plays Loras is already starring in another series somewhere.

Wilko Johnson, who plays Ilyn Payne, has terminal cancer. I suspect this is why they eliminated the character from the show and replaced his parts with Bronn.

My overall predictions for the SHOW only:

Sansa wins - even if Martin has something different in the books, i think HBO will have the Starks win.

Danaerys dies fighting White Walkers with her dragons.

Arya kills Cersei eventually.

Brienne and Jaime vanish together, and one of the last scenes of the show will be them on a farm somewhere.

Sansa marries Margaery - OK, this is what I want to happen. Sophie Turner is 20 now. Time for her to step up in the nudity department.

As for the rest, I think that Jorah sacrifices himself at some point this season in the quest to rescue Danaerys.

Agree with your assessment of Roose/Ramsay. One goes this season.

I'm beginning to think that nobody will really "win" -- the whole point being that the Game will never end . . .

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think we see Thoros and the Hound back.

Reaction Score
I think Ramsey will get tired of having his inheritance being threatened by Roose and will kill both Roose and his wife.
I also think Ramsey will die late this season, probably killed by Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen or Sansa.

Reaction Score
Ending to last night's episode:
ZHWPaOD.gif

Reaction Score
Second episode should a been the first. Much better.

I am intrigued by Hoder. Hoder is the descendant, I assume, of a very large hero of the novellas. Wonder if we'll actually get to learn that Hoder is more than a big idiot, which I had always assumed. If we do, and it ties into the novellas, it could be an interesting tie in with the 3-Eyed Crow too (who in life was a contemporary of Hoder's grandpappy).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The show has now had three coups (North, Dorn, Iron Islands) in the first two episodes of the season. In feudal societies, coups were generally not tolerated because if one noble could be killed by an insurgent, then so could another, and nobles would not stand for it. The show will have some plot logic problems if the coups go unpunished.

Reaction Score
"If I ever have a stupid idea like that again, punch me in the face!"-best one liner of the series, hands down.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm beginning to think that nobody will really "win" -- the whole point being that the Game will never end . .

You may be right. With winter coming how does any one faction mount an offensive strong enough to wipe out the others? Most likely you see Westerns split into 3 states and a few factions simply die off from the cold, the walkers, dragons, or internal betrayal. Likely, all of the above.

The only way I think this ends in a nice bow is if you limit closure to someone you like in the Iron Throne.

August_West

Reaction Score
Have they jumped the shark with the Jon Snow resurrection?

Everything I liked about the show and books the unpredictability, the consequences for decisions made by characters has all been a smoke screen for the same old, same old. The prophecy. Azor Ahai. Why is it always an orphan fulfilling their destiny and finding out about their parentage along the way?

Harry Potter
Luke Skywalker
Rand Al'Thor

and now....
Jon Snow.

Et Tu game of thrones?

I full expect Meera Reed to be revealed as Jon's twin sister who were separated and hidden at birth.

Reaction Score
Have they jumped the shark with the Jon Snow resurrection?

Everything I liked about the show and books the unpredictability, the consequences for decisions made by characters has all been a smoke screen for the same old, same old. The prophecy. Azor Ahai. Why is it always an orphan fulfilling their destiny and finding out about their parentage along the way?

Harry Potter
Luke Skywalker
Rand Al'Thor

and now....
Jon Snow.

Et Tu game of thrones?

I full expect Meera Reed to be revealed as Jon's twin sister who were separated and hidden at birth.

Complaining about the orphan boy storyline is a bit much, considering it was known since Book One. Complaining about the resurrections is fair game. Fatso prided himself on killing off main characters, which basically means Ned Stark (the likes of Roose Bolton and Tywin Lannister are not main characters in a world filled with thousands of storylines). Even unimportant characters like Gregor Clegane no longer stay dead. I imagine next season there is going to be an Undead Kings of Westeros Posse formed to return Joffrey and Robert to the stage . . . .

August_West

Reaction Score
Complaining about the orphan boy storyline is a bit much, considering it was known since Book One. Complaining about the resurrections is fair game. Fatso prided himself on killing off main characters, which basically means Ned Stark (the likes of Roose Bolton and Tywin Lannister are not main characters in a world filled with thousands of storylines). Even unimportant characters like Gregor Clegane no longer stay dead. I imagine next season there is going to be an Undead Kings of Westeros Posse formed to return Joffrey and Robert to the stage . . . .

Right and they couldve kept him Dead and broke the cliche.

Reaction Score
Right and they couldve kept him Dead and broke the cliche.

You knew that wasn't happening. You knew from Book One it wasn't happening. Complaining about it is your prerogative, but you're suggesting that you liked GOT because it was going to break a trope you knew it wasn't going to break.

Reaction Score
You sound like Waylon is going to sound when he is forced to admit that the Game of Thrones isn't the main storyline. The series is called the Song of Ice and Fire because the main storyline is dragons and evil ice things, and the magic battle royale between them is the ultimate overarching path of the narrative arc.

These things have been obvious forever. You, yourself, write R + L = J. And when that begins to be proven, you suggest the story has jumped the shark? Come on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom