GOT Season Six | Page 38 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I heard a cool theory that Sam finds him in Oldtown (he theoretically keeps rowing past KL) and uses him to help make more Valyrian steel.

I don't know why, but this makes me crack up.

Reaction Score
Yeah I mentioned that.

Anyone else getting straight bored with Dany and her plot? Seems like it has only been made interesting by the other characters who enter and leave it. As for her, she's just some boringly unbeatable conqueror because she has dragons. She hasn't been a terribly deep character and hasn't changed at all since she stole the Unsullied.

She is the worst character in the entire series. She couldn't die off quickly enough to makeup for the drag she's been. Woman just wanders around the other side of the world without any character development dealing with Harpy this and Harpy that. None of the harpies are developed because they are just placeholders for a stalled character.

In truth, Dany was supposed to make it back to Westeros a long time ago in Martin's original outline. Because he got lost along the way, he has had to invent trumpkins for Dany to deal with while he sets up Westeros.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah I mentioned that.

Anyone else getting straight bored with Dany and her plot? Seems like it has only been made interesting by the other characters who enter and leave it. As for her, she's just some boringly unbeatable conqueror because she has dragons. She hasn't been a terribly deep character and hasn't changed at all since she stole the Unsullied. The only real "loss" she has dealt with since then was Barristan, who was only around for what, two seasons? And he was just kind of killed off with no mourning from Danny.

I don't know about bored per se, but I'm impatiently waiting for her to get off her arse and go beat the living hell out of Westeros. I suspect her current situation is simply a filler story line which allows other story lines time to develop further.

Her character is definitely pretty static, which makes sense. I guess you've seen some mild development in that she's trended more violent (wanting to completely raise the Masters' cities and all that is in them), but was pulled back by Tyrion's more measured approach. But really, if she is to conquer Westeros, she's got to keep that destructive/conqueror mindset. Can she really develop much sympathy/empathy with that goal in mind? She's about to kill a whole lot of people.

I do think it's interesting/weird how she wants to 'leave the world better', but all her actions are bent towards killing/conquering/destroying. Not sure how she justifies that in her head.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
She is the worst character in the entire series. She couldn't die off quickly enough to makeup for the drag she's been.

Try telling that to @August_West .

In truth, Dany was supposed to make it back to Westeros a long time ago in Martin's original outline. Because he got lost along the way, he has had to invent trumpkins for Dany to deal with while he sets up Westeros.

And screw you for getting my point out before me.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah, if Dany didn't have dragons she'd have been killed off loooooooong ago.

She gives a terrific speech every so often, but those speeches are starting to have diminishing returns when she keeps saying she's going to go across the ocean and reclaim the iron throne and yet keeps dragging her feet.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't know about bored per se, but I'm impatiently waiting for her to get off her arse and go beat the living hell out of Westeros. I suspect her current situation is simply a filler story line which allows other story lines time to develop further.

Her character is definitely pretty static, which makes sense. I guess you've seen some mild development in that she's trended more violent (wanting to completely raise the Masters' cities and all that is in them), but was pulled back by Tyrion's more measured approach. But really, if she is to conquer Westeros, she's got to keep that destructive/conqueror mindset. Can she really develop much sympathy/empathy with that goal in mind? She's about to kill a whole lot of people.

I do think it's interesting/weird how she wants to 'leave the world better', but all her actions are bent towards killing/conquering/destroying. Not sure how she justifies that in her head.

In fairness, she developed quite a bit in the early episodes, from shy, easily cowed girl afraid of her brother to a real Khaleesi, and now a liberating, avenging queen. I though the burning of the Khals was the final step in that evolution, which was entrenched by the deaths of two masters last Sunday. She is now someone that nobody, at any level of power, can afford to cross. That wasn't the case, even earlier this year when she struggled with the gold mask morons.

What's missing is a mission. Taking King's Landing, should be easy right now.

Reaction Score
Yeah, if Dany didn't have dragons she'd have been killed off loooooooong ago.

She gives a terrific speech every so often, but those speeches are starting to have diminishing returns when she keeps saying she's going to go across the ocean and reclaim the iron throne and yet keeps dragging her feet.

I would tend to think 3 dragons, the flaming hulls of their aftermath in the bay, 100,000 Dothraki, the rest of the Slaver's unburned fleet, the Iron Island 1/2 fleet and an army of Unsullied is going to finally get that ball rolling.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I would tend to think 3 dragons, the flaming hulls of their aftermath in the bay, 100,000 Dothraki, the rest of the Slaver's unburned fleet, the Iron Island 1/2 fleet and an army of Unsullied is going to finally get that ball rolling.

Yes. But to what end. Unless she's unleashed against the white walkers, it won't even seem like a fair fight.

Reaction Score
In fairness, she developed quite a bit in the early episodes, from shy, easily cowed girl afraid of her brother to a real Khaleesi, and now a liberating, avenging queen. I though the burning of the Khals was the final step in that evolution, which was entrenched by the deaths of two masters last Sunday. She is now someone that nobody, at any level of power, can afford to cross. That wasn't the case, even earlier this year when she struggled with the gold mask morons.

What's missing is a mission. Taking King's Landing, should be easy right now.

There was lots of early development and then her story was slow rolled. Martin initially intended for there to be a large time jump from book to book, during which the Stark kids were allowed to grow up. When he couldn't make that work, he was forced to invent stuff to keep a single character busy halfway around the world from everyone else. That in turn lead to opponents who are unimportant enough to develop like the Westerosi foils. I mean, harpies or sparrows? The latter are interesting because they actually matter to the series, while we know nothing about the harpies and wanna know nothing because they are placeholders.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes. But to what end. Unless she's unleashed against the white walkers, it won't even seem like a fair fight.

That will definitely be a tricky spot for the producers of the show. Having dragons is like holding three (sic) aces as hole cards. You're pretty much guaranteed to win almost every time. They will have to figure out how to make it so that her success is in doubt otherwise there's not much drama there.

Reaction Score
Sansa's already got more of a claim to Winterfell than Jon; she's a legitimate Stark.[/QUOTE

Lest we forget, Bran has the best claim to Winterfell: Sole surviving legitimate male heir. The question is whether or not he wishes to be "King of the North". With his powers as a Seer, he is better suited as a prime minister type such as the King's Hand in King's Landing. Would he wish to cede his birthright to be Sansa's aide de camp?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That will definitely be a tricky spot for the producers of the show. Having dragons is like holding three (sic) aces as hole cards. You're pretty much guaranteed to win almost every time. They will have to figure out how to make it so that her success is in doubt otherwise there's not much drama there.
Thats why I think we will see the Horn at some point, probably in Eurons hands. I thought they made a mistake not breaking it out at the Kingsmoot like the books, but in hindsight seeing where they have placed Asha (he will always be Clay to me. His momma called him Clay, I call him Clay) and Theon. So that Asha and Theon dont know that Euron has more than just his "Giant member" as the trump card. Danys control of the Dragons will obviously be challenged at some point or they might as well end the show now. Probably through Euron having the horn.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Thats why I think we will see the Horn at some point, probably in Eurons hands. I thought they made a mistake not breaking it out at the Kingsmoot like the books, but in hindsight seeing where they have placed Asha (he will always be Clay to me. His momma called him Clay, I call him Clay) and Theon. So that Asha and Theon dont know that Euron has more than just his "Giant member" as the trump card. Danys control of the Dragons will obviously be challenged at some point or they might as well end the show now. Probably through Euron having the horn.

Does the Horn help him in any way? I thought it just brought down the wall?

August_West

Reaction Score
Does the Horn help him in any way? I thought it just brought down the wall?

well crap, I mean I guess I will put this under spoilers just in case, but I think weve discussed this before

Its a different horn then the one Mance had, this one calls dragons to the owner.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Yeah , that should pretty much get it done.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

You would think so, but she had the chance back in season 2 when one of the leaders of Qarth offered her a fleet of ships to leave immediately. Instead, she decided to stick around and free all of the slaves in Slaver's Bay.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Dany really couldn't make a move until the dragons grew. Their still growing but two of them are undersized .

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
well crap, I mean I guess I will put this under spoilers just in case, but I think weve discussed this before

Its a different horn then the one Mance had, this one calls dragons to the owner.

I must have missed that.

Reaction Score

I may not be remembering the books correctly, but wasn't there a catch with using the horn?

Didn't Euron have one of his crew demonstrate the horn at the Kingsmoot? I think the guy dropped dead immediately afterwards, his lungs turned to ash. I took that to mean only certain people might be able to use the horn. People who might also be resistant to fire, for example.

I don't think Euron is just going to present the horn to Dany, no strings attached. Maybe he'll sacrifice another crew member to use the horn around the dragons to break Dany's hold on them. Maybe he's banking Dany being so surprised by that that she'll join with him in order to get the dragons back. Of course, if she ever figures out that only she can use the horn safely, Euron is toast.

Then again, maybe they never introduce the horn. Or is they do, it's without any fatal side effects.

August_West

Reaction Score
I may not be remembering the books correctly, but wasn't there a catch with using the horn?

Didn't Euron have one of his crew demonstrate the horn at the Kingsmoot? I think the guy dropped dead immediately afterwards, his lungs turned to ash. I took that to mean only certain people might be able to use the horn. People who might also be resistant to fire, for example.

I don't think Euron is just going to present the horn to Dany, no strings attached. Maybe he'll sacrifice another crew member to use the horn around the dragons to break Dany's hold on them. Maybe he's banking Dany being so surprised by that that she'll join with him in order to get the dragons back. Of course, if she ever figures out that only she can use the horn safely, Euron is toast.

Then again, maybe they never introduce the horn. Or is they do, it's without any fatal side effects.

Yup I believe you are right

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I am guessing that putting Dothraki on boats with Iron Islanders could have unforeseen consequences.

Reaction Score
Right now Bran is North of the wall so him laying claim to Winterfell has a ways to go. Sansa smiling as Ramsey was being devoured by his dogs was a sign that she has some potential in the game. Unless she gets greedy. The Dany line had to be a slow moving separate orbit or else the show would have been over already. Her I demand everyone to just get along line of thinking will get some resistance in Westerous. So what is Varis up to in lining up allies?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom