GOT Season Six | Page 37 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Sansa's excuse was age, sure enough. What's yours?

It's the smartest thing she ever said.
Are you saying Sansa could outwit me?

August_West

Reaction Score
Next up for Sansa:

Choosing baelish over Jon. How's that going to play?

Reaction Score
Next up for Sansa:

Choosing baelish over Jon. How's that going to play?

In what way? I suspect John is going to cede her authority over Winterfell. John's next big thing has to be the Targ reveal, no?

Reaction Score
In what way? I suspect John is going to cede her authority over Winterfell. John's next big thing has to be the Targ reveal, no?

One would think. I wonder if that's how Melisandre is going to try to save herself from Davos -- by telling John he has King's Blood . . .

Also wonder if Cersei will cop to Tommen being Jaime's.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Sooner or later Tommen is gonna get whacked. Who is next in line?

Reaction Score
One would think. I wonder if that's how Melisandre is going to try to save herself from Davos -- by telling John he has King's Blood . . .

Don't forget that Bran is coming home too.

Reaction Score

Jon already knows he has King's blood lol Ned was his father (as far as he knows) and far as I know she doesn't know about Tower of Joy

August_West

Reaction Score
Jon already knows he has King's blood lol Ned was his father (as far as he knows) and far as I know she doesn't know about Tower of Joy

I mustve missed the part of the books or show when Ned was the king of anything?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
That was exactly the plan man. Just as Ramsey had scripted it. That's why he shot all his arrows into the battle to kill both Jon's and his own army; they made a point to emphasize this by having Davos stop his archers from shooting in fear of killing his own men -- a reasonable man would not shoot. But Ramsey, he had no problem sacrificing the lives of half his men to build a wall of bodies to trap John's army. He then brought in the shield wall to trap the Wildings; and specifically had the Karstarks go back up the other side of the wall to stop everyone else from climbing over. It was quite clever.

It's actually a ripoff from Braveheart. Same premise, bad guys firing on own men. Even had the cowardly leader overcommitting forces only to be left by himself.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's actually a ripoff from Braveheart. Same premise, bad guys firing on own men. Even had the cowardly leader overcommitting forces only to be left by himself.

Apparently, they took the shield circle and wall of bodies from an ancient roman legion battle. But the opponents were completely butchered by the Romans in that one.

Reaction Score
They should have armed the giant with a redwood or something to use as a club. He would have had a better shot at breaking Bolton's ranks that way.

Reaction Score
I mustve missed the part of the books or show when Ned was the king of anything?

Not sure if this is where Rocktheworld was going with this, but the Starks were the Kings of the North before the Targs. Robb merely resurrected the title.

Reaction Score
They should have armed the giant with a redwood or something to use as a club. He would have had a better shot at breaking Bolton's ranks that way.

Agreed.

He also needed a giant shield. he was too much of a target. Give him a shield and cuts through the Bolton's like a plow through snow. (No pun intended)

Reaction Score
Apparently, they took the shield circle and wall of bodies from an ancient roman legion battle. But the opponents were completely butchered by the Romans in that one.

The Romans lost the battle of Cannae when Hannibal and Carthage was able to envelope them on three sides, very similar to what happened last night.

The Romans heavily outnumbered the Carthaginians, but it didn't matter.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sansa told him to not give in to Ramsay's head games. She told him exactly what would happen to Rickon. Jon acted directly against Sansa's advice and stupidly and impulsively charged towards Ramsay's army, forcing his forces to follow him in to Ramsay's archers' rage where everyone was massacred. It's Jon's fault that all those men died; not Sansa's.

She also told him that Rickon was dead, or as good as. That Ramsay could not allow the heir to Winterfell to live. Yet Jon allowed that slim hope and his rage, to play into Ramsay's hands.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the fascination with Gendry. I'm not sure he has a role to play. It could be that his story came to an end when Davos saved his life.

I dunno. Seems like they went to pretty decent lengths to build out that story and it's unlike this show to leave something that revealing to be untied up in the end. I would be surprised if we never see him again.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Sansa's already got more of a claim to Winterfell than Jon; she's a legitimate Stark.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I dunno. Seems like they went to pretty decent lengths to build out that story and it's unlike this show to leave something that revealing to be untied up in the end. I would be surprised if we never see him again.

I heard a cool theory that Sam finds him in Oldtown (he theoretically keeps rowing past KL) and uses him to help make more Valyrian steel.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Just heard this one from a friend, not sure if it was intentional.

Hodor died holding the door closed for the cause.
Wun Wun died opening the door for the cause.

RIP giants.

Reaction Score

I have seen that scene in an old movie -- Romans with spears pointing out from a wall of shields slowly slaughtering Jews in revolt by the Temple Mount. I'm not sure if it was Ben Hur or some other movie, but the scene had been previously done by Hollywood.

Reaction Score
She also told him that Rickon was dead, or as good as. That Ramsay could not allow the heir to Winterfell to live. Yet Jon allowed that slim hope and his rage, to play into Ramsay's hands.
Yeah I mentioned that.

Anyone else getting straight bored with Dany and her plot? Seems like it has only been made interesting by the other characters who enter and leave it. As for her, she's just some boringly unbeatable conqueror because she has dragons. She hasn't been a terribly deep character and hasn't changed at all since she stole the Unsullied. The only real "loss" she has dealt with since then was Barristan, who was only around for what, two seasons? And he was just kind of killed off with no mourning from Danny.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom