Gonzaga/Big East embers | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga/Big East embers

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think it makes a lot more sense to do it this way with both coming. Send 2 teams out west to play a Wednesday/Saturday game against each. Makes the travel a little more bearable to play 2 games versus 1

That's still a pretty long trip from Gonzaga to St. Mary's. Comparable to UConn flying out to play DePaul.

Reaction Score
That's still a pretty long trip from Gonzaga to St. Mary's. Comparable to UConn flying out to play DePaul.
It's a 2 hour flight, that's nothing. Which is why nobody complains about traveling to play DePaul

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's a 2 hour flight, that's nothing. Which is why nobody complains about traveling to play DePaul

Closer to 3 but whatever. Point being, you wouldn't say from Gonzaga perspective hey play DePaul Wednesday and UConn Saturday and present it as if the two were overly convenient.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I’m big time in favor of this from the standpoint of temporarily keeping bs out of the portal thread

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Do not spend any time on this.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga already charters a plane for all of their away games, so you are now just adding a couple hours to each flight. A Creighton coach told me they all want to add Zags, but obviously there are a lot of variables in the equation.

Reaction Score
Closer to 3 but whatever. Point being, you wouldn't say from Gonzaga perspective hey play DePaul Wednesday and UConn Saturday and present it as if the two were overly convenient.
It's 2 hours and 5 minutes so much closer to 2. But you're missing the point and I think it's intentional

Reaction Score
Hate it. Do not want regular west coast games. It feels desperate.
I would take any of vcu umess uri or any other New England school maybe buffalo or temple or r Cincinnati back before going farther west than butler.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
hearing from a PC friend of a PC insider that FOX is driving this and Zags would be 1 of 3 new teams. two divisions of 7. idk who the others would be. assume 2 other west coast teams?

idk what to believe. all i know for sure is the danger of smoke inhalation is very high right now.

Would need some Midwest teams to go with Ceighton, Butler, Xavier, Marquette and DePaul. Add Zags and another central time zone school.

Reaction Score
From a NBE-perspective, Gonzaga's in the west yet still 280 miles from the Pacific. Additionally, Spokane's airport (GEG) has a grand total of 1 direct flight to any city with a NBE school (ORD 3.5 hours, Depaul). As crappy as UConn being in the AAC was, at least most AAC schools were in or reasonably close to mid to large size cities with some direct flights from/to BDL. Imagine Gonzaga's players enjoying their many 1/2 to full cross-country flights.
Gonzaga uses private chartered jets for away games so their trips would be better than taking commercial flights. But can't get around the distance.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Get this to the non-key tweet thread in the conference realignment board stat!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I’ll take Gonzaga. The logistics will work themselves out.

I hope Val has a backbone to stand up to Fox and doesn’t let them water down the league with anyone else (the only semi-realistic outside shot school that would add value is Notre Dame, but they ain’t joining).

The NBE is at an all time high point considering recent success + coaching hires. Anyone other than Gonzaga joining will just get to ride those coat tails while dragging down the profile of the league. Not smart for the current conference members.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I will file this under "I'll believe it when I see it".

It's a great talking point and prior to getting too deep in discussion it seems like a great idea. Once the logistics begin to be considered and reality sets in the idea falls apart.

Reaction Score
I don't know that it's going to happen, but after people essentially mocked the board for saying UConn --> Big East and then like 2 hours later UConn --> Big East, I myself am going to refrain from certainty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom