Gonzaga/Big East embers | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga/Big East embers

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
a mid-major conference adding a member on the other side of the country has never backfired.
I get that you are excited for your football team, but your basketball team is going to get destroyed.

Reaction Score
I’ll take Gonzaga. The logistics will work themselves out.

I hope Val has a backbone to stand up to Fox and doesn’t let them water down the league with anyone else (the only semi-realistic outside shot school that would add value is Notre Dame, but they ain’t joining).

The NBE is at an all time high point considering recent success + coaching hires. Anyone other than Gonzaga joining will just get to ride those coat tails while dragging down the profile of the league. Not smart for the current conference members.
agreed, but i think if they do this they have to add at least one other west coast school

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This isn't much of a fit, but the burden would mostly be on Gonzaga so I have no issue with it. It doesn't really make much sense, but it would add a fantastic program to the conference so sign me up.

Reaction Score
Lots of people talking in the WCC. Pepperdine PA guy told it's happening by someone in the know. Now former St Mary's player told by St Mary's HC Bennett that it's happening...

That is not the actual player, it’s a fan page.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Well, right or wrong, Goodman has added his two cents.

I've gotten the sense that Goodman is kind of a blowhard, and has muddied the line between his opinion and inside sources.
I don't really trust anything he says that doesn't say "Sources have told Stadium..". I think he gets off on attention and the fact that he's reached some level of authority in the college basketball world.

He clearly got off on his whole "PC being lucky" shtick, as if he invented that. It was kind of cringey. Also he just replies to like random dudes on Twitter, getting into arguments. It's weird.

Reaction Score
Lots of people talking in the WCC. Pepperdine PA guy told it's happening by someone in the know. Now former St Mary's player told by St Mary's HC Bennett that it's happening...

That's not a former St. Mary's player.. it's a fan account. The former play is "Jock" not "Jack" anyway.

Reaction Score
I've been preaching about Gonzaga to the Big East for a while before it was popular. The Zags are the only team you add to the Big East outside of the power conferences that adds value.

If a second team needed to be added to appease FOX and give the Zags a travel partner: San Diego State would a great school that has very good basketball tradition, and doesn't hurt the conference.

#ZagsToBigEast

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
agreed, but i think if they do this they have to add at least one other west coast school
When we joined the Big East, I thought it would have been smart to expand to 14 teams by adding 3 more teams. Wichita (when Gregg Marshall was still there), Gonzaga and BYU (who we could schedule an annual FB game with).

Those were the only sexy options IMO at the time, and now 2 of 3 are no longer available.

Plus Wichita State exposed the potential risk of bringing in a team who’s success is heavily reliant on the HC.

Reaction Score
If Gonzaga is “added” it should be a 4 year scheduling alliance type thing. I don’t even know if thats possible, I doubt it. We can feasibly give them 12 games but full membership would be misguided.

St, Marys? San Francisco? Now I’m seeing posters advocating Wichita State or St Louis? Hardest of passes- bad enough we have Creighton and Butler on the schedule

(Yes I know I have no leg to stand on calling out Creighton, seeing as they own our asses)

Reaction Score
If Gonzaga is “added” it should be a 4 year scheduling alliance type thing. I don’t even know if thats possible, I doubt it. We can feasibly give them 12 games but full membership would be misguided.

St, Marys? San Francisco? Now I’m seeing posters advocating Wichita State or St Louis? Hardest of passes- bad enough we have Creighton and Butler on the schedule

(Yes I know I have no leg to stand on calling out Creighton, seeing as they own our asses)
We might as well add St Peter’s while we’re at it. And maybe Loyola of Chicago. The New Big East already has too many marginal teams. Adding a bunch of midmajors to get Gonzaga is just numb. Reality is that there aren’t 3 or 4 major programs out there. And adding a mid-major to a higher level league doesn’t change its trajectory automatically. I doubt anyone can say adding adding the 2 midwestern teams to the NOOB has really made them major powers, nor has it added a whole lot to the NOOB. They are more or less what they have always been. High mid-majors. Capable of winning a game in the tournament, Creighton won 2 last year, but getting further would be pretty shocking. And it isn’t like being in the NOOB helped that happen. They’ve won games before in the tourney.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It probably wouldn’t happen but I would love a 22-game conference schedule if Gonzaga comes.

But what about your endeared OOC sched?

Reaction Score
We might as well add St Peter’s while we’re at it. And maybe Loyola of Chicago. The New Big East already has too many marginal teams. Adding a bunch of midmajors to get Gonzaga is just numb. Reality is that there aren’t 3 or 4 major programs out there. And adding a mid-major to a higher level league doesn’t change its trajectory automatically. I doubt anyone can say adding adding the 2 midwestern teams to the NOOB has really made them major powers, nor has it added a whole lot to the NOOB. They are more or less what they have always been. High mid-majors. Capable of winning a game in the tournament, Creighton won 2 last year, but getting further would be pretty shocking. And it isn’t like being in the NOOB helped that happen. They’ve won games before in the tourney.
Is this a troll Boneyard account?

August_West

Reaction Score
Maybe you can bring the greenhouse situation up at Davos where all the hollywood phony celebs and "business leaders" go to on their private jets.
You seem like youre not familiar with the term "Carbon offset"

August_West

Reaction Score
It's a 2 hour flight, that's nothing. Which is why nobody complains about traveling to play DePaul
LOL. Do you fly? I fly to Detroit constantly. Direct from Hartford. THAT is over 2 hours. You on the Concorde?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure you appreciate how far Spokane is. It's 1377 miles from Omaha, the westernmost Big East location. That's further than Hartford to Omaha. It's not comparable to the travel UConn had in the American. It's much, much worse.

I'm so happy my son reneged on his job at U of Idaho - that's 90 minutes from Spokane. I was dreading those trips. It is a hike for sure. And no direct flights.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
But what about your endeared OOC sched?
Still have 5 big games to go along with it. 3-game MTE event, Gavitt games, and BE-Big 12 challenge. Only 4 cupcake games.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Troll account.

The player’s name is Jock Landale, not Jack.
It’s not a troll account. Apparently, according to the Gonzaga board, Jack Landale is friends with Few and is a big-time bettor out west. He has connections to the program. He is not Jock Landale, but he is connected.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Hate it. Do not want regular west coast games. It feels desperate.
From my perspective, it would be better than travelling to Middleonowhere, Nebraska.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom