Done deal with Edsall | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Done deal with Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Maybe not the coach we want, but hopefully the coach we need right now.

Diaco arrived to great fanfare, being the hot assistant and all. He didn't work. I'll gladly lose the press conference if it means winning on Saturday or Wednesday or whenever this godforsaken conference decides to play it's games.

I'm confident that I'll be able to get over whatever ackward feeling I have about this program running backwards at it's modest past, if they win enough games.

I agree getting Sherriffs back under center is a key for next season. He is an Edsall type guy, 100%. I think the team has a few more Edsall type guys.

Reaction Score
Do you guys think that AD David Benedict is going to hire Edsall if he is not comfortable with his plan to reinvigorate the offense? I have faith that he vetted it with Edsall.
At this point AD David Benedict's endorsement really means nothing to me.

Good luck to Randy though. Welcome back

Reaction Score
Well, I wanted Foley back at UCONN. This is certainly one possible way to make it happen.

If the reports are true, I wonder if RE will go after Foley and I wonder how much money it will take to get him back...

Since Foley made $192K in his last year at UCONN and now makes $115K at UMASS - don't think that would be hard.

Reaction Score
For all Edsall's failings at Maryland -- and he did fail -- from what I saw of their play, their offense was more dynamic than what he had here. Now, whether that was adapting more modern ways, or just believing he had more speed throughout the skill positions and taking advantage of it, we'll have to see.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Nobody saw Benedict firing Diaco - no money. We didn't hear a peep or a tweet until it happened. Everything was in lockdown.

Now why would we suddenly have all these tweets about Edsell? Doesn't make sense. Benedict had the firing on lockdown, no leaks, and surprised everyone. Not sure I buy any of this.

Reaction Score
BS. How is it worse?

It's likely that very few people wanted this job. UConn football is currently garbage. If you consider that, Edsall is a godsend. Maybe not for the distant future, but we need to just get back on track.
I agree. If he did not leave on his own, he would probably still be here as the coach. Nobody else would want this job.

Reaction Score
Dont hate it but dislike, its a good move in terms of changing the culture and discipline. Edsall better get a good coordinator because teams in the AAC can score more so then the Big East.

Reaction Score
Very disappointing but tolerable.

you wanted TJ Weist

Let me put a Confidence level on ... Weist given his attributes and Edsall given his attributes

Weist - 55% Confidence

Edsall - 70% Confidence

I would like 100% Confidence. But ... given my feelings on Diaco last Weds.- where I would have given him 20%, we are better off.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Kevin Nathan and Jeff Jacobs confirmed. I look forward to Wesleyan games this upcoming season....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is a move dictated by stone cold reality - that we dont have the money or the attractive set up (recruits, history) to lure in the big time hot HC.

At the end of the day, I know we'll see real football on the field and in the presser discussions. Kumbaya, hugging circles and everyone gets a star time is over! Prototype recruiting is also over. And Mike Cummings is gone!

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Let's wait and see who he hires as OC and DC before the tears are shed.

Reaction Score
you wanted TJ Weist

Let me put a Confidence level on ... Weist given his attributes and Edsall given his attributes

Weist - 55% Confidence

Edsall - 70% Confidence

I would like 100% Confidence. But ... given my feelings on Diaco last Weds.- where I would have given him 20%, we are better off.
I'm not sure this move reinvigorates the fan base. This is going to be a tough slog back. DB was at the finish line of immortality and choked on a turkey bone.

Reaction Score
Terrible. Boring, "safe" retread hire that looks totally small time and condemns this program to another defensive coach completely uninterested in modern explosive offense. This does nothing to excite or grow the fanbase.

Major opportunity squandered by Benedict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom