Done deal with Edsall | The Boneyard

Done deal with Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If this happens I believe its because this is all that we could afford. Randy has to be coming on the cheap, he has no other options. Plus, as I have said several times already, Randy has to be pitching himself as the guy that will retire here.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Preferred Moorhead, but I think our program is at a cross roads. Edsall is the surest thing to get us back to respectability in the next couple of seasons. At that point, maybe we can reevaluate. Another dud hire and let's face it, it's going to take a couple seasons to evaluate that based on the mess Diaco left, would truly tank our program.

I'm OK with this.

Reaction Score
Btw, will Randy take a cue with another hard in Coughlin who softened up in the later years?
won Coughlin a few SuperBowls with the Gints when he got back into HC after getting canned by Jax

Reaction Score
I'm actually okay with this. He's a "safe" hire in my opinion. I think he realized that the worst career move he ever made was leaving, and the worst move for us was him leaving bc of what happened. As mentioned, we can't go out and take a "chance" with this hire.

Plus, something cool about the guy coming in to fix "his" program after it was ripped to shreds after he left. Plus, it'll be some stability bc he'll most likely retire here instead of up and leaving in 2-3 year when a P5 job opens.

I would've loved Moorehead and Miles, but we have to be realistic where we are right now and what we can afford and the image we have as a program.

Reaction Score
Seems more and more valid

ThisIsUConnCountry ‏@MattSchonvisky 5m5 minutes ago

Jim Caldwell on Randy Edsall to #UConn rumors: "I can only say that's correct. I hope everything works out-it'd certainly be great for him."

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Every time you think nothing can be said that is more stupid than a particular post, some Boneyarder steps to the plate and hits it out of the park. Bravo.

People are going to hate Edsall.

WHen he took UConn to the Fiesta bowl, people wanted him fired because "we couldn't do any worse"

Reaction Score
BS. How is it worse?

It's likely that very few people wanted this job. UConn football is currently garbage. If you consider that, Edsall is a godsend. Maybe not for the distant future, but we need to just get back on track.

I don't agree with this at all. I am frigging tired of this dismissive attitude. This conference has great football ... and it pays really damn well. We could get a solid hot coach. But fit? I am weighing the Les Miles v Randy equation. In the near term, no Miles is going to know the equation to get us far better quicker than Edsall. And then in 3 years, you have a 67 year old Miles. Or a Coordinator that you don't know if they can coach. Without a Wilder or Houston or MAC guy, none without risk, this has some path to success.

Not my favourite path. Far better than 2017 Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99