Done deal with Edsall | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Done deal with Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have talked to one guy that is full on board with Edsall. He's a complete moron. Hi Pelow.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Why shouldn't that be? We were far more appealing during the Jr. Prom, dancing with Edsall, than we became our senior year dating only total losers.

I hope it all works out. He's the best coach we ever had. But he's 58, a defensive coach, and he's burned us once. Does he have any more "dream jobs" out there?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Love hearing these buzzwords like invigorate a fanbase, sell the program, etc.

How long did that last under Diaco until the smart fans called out his bullcrap 1 game in vs BYU?

The Tulane game sure was invigor aged this season.

If Edsall wins, people will be back. If they don't come back when we are winning? Chances are the damage had been done and they were never returning anyways.

Reaction Score
The Fiesta Bowl thing is really an anomaly and a joke

The league was awful, it was guaranteed a spot. The national media thought it was a joke and that UConn was too. UConn got embarrassed 48-20 and confirmed their assumptions

In that same year UConn lost to 'Ville 27-0, Mich 30-10 and Temple 30-16

Edsall leveraged that to get his "dream job" and was a total ah*le when he left, especially to his players

I've said this before, after talking to actual players. In the moment, they would have preferred not to hear about it from other people and having a conference call. That being said, the only people that seem to hold a grudge about this are BYers, and not the players.

Reaction Score
Love hearing these buzzwords like invigorate a fanbase, sell the program, etc.

How long did that last under Diaco until the smart fans called out his bullcrap 1 game in vs BYU?

The Tulane game sure was invigor aged this season.

If Edsall wins, people will be back. If they don't come back when we are winning? Chances are the damage had been done and they were never returning anyways.
What Edsall needs to do is prove he can allow a dynamic offense. I'd assume that was part of the deal, if he is being rehired.

Reaction Score
I hope it all works out. He's the best coach we ever had. But he's 58, a defensive coach, and he's burned us once. Does he have any more "dream jobs" out there?

IF JEFF HATHAWAY WAS MY BOSS ...

I would have burned you as well. I would have burned Rome and Atlanta. Frigging burned and ravaged that guys family. That has to be part of the story. Hathaway angered Calhoun ... Auriemma ... Edsall ... Herbst ... and probably Bob's Furniture and Webster Bank. But he got free cars and Ed Mitchell suits.

Reaction Score
Why do you post nonsense like this?

Standard Boneyard joke. Lighten up a little -- our coaching situation is light years ahead of where it was on Christmas, and where we thought we would be at the end of the season. Let's see if he can get back to the level he was at and then we can start complaining that anyone can do better and he's hit his cieling again.

Reaction Score
Again, he was not my choice but that's just dumb. He coached so many levels above where we are now that you're making an absurd statement.
You just asked me why I hate UConn football players and you're accusing me of making an absurd statement?!?? That is Waylon level stupid trolling.

Reaction Score
When I first heard the Edsall whispers I honestly thought it was a joke. If this is true, man we are a laughingstock.

You are consistently freaky-deaky on both MBB and FB boards ... Congrats.

Reaction Score
Listen, I'm fine with Edsall -- especially since it looks like Moorhead wasn't interested and our options are limited.

But the amount of BYers who can look back at the glory days of Edsall but completely ignore the dumpster fire at Maryland are delusional, too.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Well, I wanted Foley back at UCONN. This is certainly one possible way to make it happen.

If the reports are true, I wonder if RE will go after Foley and I wonder how much money it will take to get him back...

Reaction Score
Standard Boneyard joke. Lighten up a little -- our coaching situation is light years ahead of where it was on Christmas, and where we thought we would be at the end of the season. Let's see if he can get back to the level he was at and then we can start complaining that anyone can do better and he's hit his cieling again.
Sorry, didn't know it was a joke. I'm pretty upset right now with this hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom