Done deal with Edsall | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Done deal with Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only goal should be to join the P-5. This hire screams of where we stand in that goal and how unlikely it will ever become.

Reaction Score
Some thoughts..

Would've preferred a hotter name, but I'm ok with the hire.

I doubt this was solely dictated by the money. DB isn't basing his name and biggest move on the feelings of the donors. I'm sure they made their feelings felt, but I'm sure he felt that Edsall was much better than another year of Diaco and hoping for a bigger name.

I'm extremely curious to see if what Edsall does with the offense. I'm sure it was addressed in conversations with DB.

Edsall needs to address the departure (not sure it needs to be the first 3 words). That said, do people really think any coach is staying in the group of 5 if they get the program back to where Edsall had it?

Edsall is a proven identifier and developer of under the radar talent. That's something the we can really use. I have more faith in the O-Lines development now than I did last week at this time.

Bring back the Block C!

Reaction Score
If this happens I believe its because this is all that we could afford. Randy has to be coming on the cheap, he has no other options. Plus, as I have said several times already, Randy has to be pitching himself as the guy that will retire here.

He is probably the only one that would take the job here.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wow. It's going to take me a bit to warm to this.
Me, too. But I have never read anything in detail regarding his relationship with his Hathaway at the time. If it truly was toxic I can understand his need to leave ASAP. Still don't like the haste at which he did it and how he had Todman announce to the team he (JT) was leaving while knowing he (HCRE) was, too, but didn't announce.

He just better win. No more appetite for milquetoast.

This choice is as exciting as getting Fruit of the Loom underwear from grammy for Christmas.

Reaction Score
We'll this might be the definition of uninspiring if true. I suppose I had loftier expeditions from a guy with all these past stops at schools and conferences where football is meaningful.

This is not a KSU and Bill Snyder situation. Christ those trams were in the top ten for many years in a row and won big-12 north titles and big-12 championship. Hell he was competing against what was probably the best college football team of all time in those Nebraska teams in the mid-90's.

While I know that this is far from a destination gig, but I was hoping for more than a guy that had some success here and then crapped the bed at UM by alienating everyone he came in contact with while showing the inability to match his predecessors on-field results.

I actually hate the message this sends about UCONN football if this hire is indeed going to happen. Perceptually horrible actually reinforces the piss poor state the program is in.

I've got trees to buck up so I can at least channel this frustration into meaningful work with the chainsaw.

Reaction Score
Hated how he left. Not extremely excited about his return. But....I think he can get them back to respectability sooner than many of the other options. He needs to hire a good OC and leave the offense alone.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Edsall needs to address the departure (not sure it needs to be the first 3 words).

Pretty easy really.

"I made a mistake leaving the program that we built together and was home to me. The decision was a poor one based on a soured relationship with a specific individual (Hathaway) and should have been handled differently. I accept responsibility for that and look forward to bringing UConn back to national prominence again. UConn is a special place and is home to both me and my family. I look forward to reestablishing the relationships we had and look forward to a long successful run at UConn."

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Ur kidding, right? Diaco looked the part all day long... Even sounded the part... but...
not enamored with bringing Edsall back but he's better than the last 2 at least.
He may have looked the part, but he sounded insane.

Reaction Score
I'll hold off on judgement until I see the OC hire. They desperately need to take some of this saved money and hit a HR with this hire.

Reaction Score
Stone cold reality. Sigh. The best we could do is an ex-coach who left us for more money. If that doesn't speak volumes about the future of this sports department, I am not sure what does.

worked for Tom Jurich and Louisville ....

Reaction Score
How I've missed the inside handoff.

Can't disagree that this is a safety pick based on his past success here. Who else was Benedict considering and did they all turn him down?

Reaction Score
Edsall has shown he has no class.

Is an upgrade from Diaco? Almost anything would be. But this is the definition of boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom