Bob Diaco FIRED | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
!!!

The only rational concern to have about Moorehead is that he wants a better job.
Yeah but he would need success here to get that better job. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
Yeah but he would need success here to get that better job. I'd take that in a heartbeat.
Yep we gotta start trending up. 2 failed hires, 6 consecutive losing seasons, 1 bowl game appearance in that time, the worst PPG of any team in the COUNTRY the last 3 years.

The last thing I'm worried about is a coach having too much success and getting plucked.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I do it for pain, if that makes you feel better. I actually have a build now, thanks to it.
It was a joke, my apologies. I figured you would get a bigger laugh out of it than anyone else. Again, my apologies.

Reaction Score
It was a joke, my apologies. I figured you would get a bigger laugh out of it than anyone else. Again, my apologies.
All good. I got two forms of psoriasis now. Hard for me to laugh at what I got going here. I look way better than I feel.

Reaction Score
It's not tantrums, it's empty seats, and an ever decreasing season ticket list.

It's also not being a masochist and enduring the kind of stress for another year that can lead to unanticipated Doctor's visits.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
All good. I got two forms of psoriasis now. Hard for me to laugh at what I got going here. I look way better than I feel.
Sorry to hear that Butch.

Peace!

Reaction Score
Moorehead is not the answer. This program better hire a name that draws and has had success. I loved JM but I do not see DB going after him but who knows.. its like Christmas all over again..

The chances of hiring "a name" are very small, and a name who is the right fit is even smaller.

Chances are we are choosing either a coordinator who had success at a big program, or a head coach from a lower level. Moorhead is both, and he's coached and had success here. What else do you want?

Reaction Score
It's one thing to come up with the cash to buy Diaco's contract out but I want to see who Benedict and the BOT's tap next and whether or not they can come up with even more cash to bring in a solid staff. Only one I'd like to see retained is Balis and I sure hope the next HC is someone the players and fans can get excited about. UConn has got to be ready for the next realignment so this can't be another three or four year program building project. Bowl games or bust.

Reaction Score
Pat Forde from Yahoo says he hears new coach could come in 24-48 hours. But not Moorhead.

Reaction Score
It's one thing to come up with the cash to buy Diaco's contract out but I want to see who Benedict and the BOT's tap next and whether or not they can come up with even more cash to bring in a solid staff. Only one I'd like to see retained is Balis and I sure hope the next HC is someone the players and fans can get excited about. UConn has got to be ready for the next realignment so this can't be another three or four year program building project. Bowl games or bust.
Why do you want to retain Balis? He is one of the primary reasons that the OL is so awkward and slow.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
The chances of hiring "a name" are very small, and a name who is the right fit is even smaller.

Chances are we are choosing either a coordinator who had success at a big program, or a head coach from a lower level. Moorhead is both, and he's coached and had success here. What else do you want?
I want a name that has won at this level and a name that can draw recruits, lastly, I want a guy that won't use this as a stepping stone in the next 4-5 years. If that happens we are all here having this discussion all over again. Go out and get Les Miles here and pay and OC to want to come here.. Having said all that, doesn't matter what I want it, you want or anyone for that matter. It all hangs in the hands of DB and SH.. Let's all pray it works out either way! This hire has to be perfect or this program is done as we know it.

Reaction Score
Hartford Courant@hartfordcourant 22 mins ago
Reached by the Courant early Monday, Diaco said he was shocked and not yet ready to speak in depth.

Updated by Mike Anthony: Bob Diaco Out As Head Coach Of UConn Football

Fuller: UConn relieves Bob Diaco of football coaching duties

>>While Diaco was proceeding with the belief he would be returning, Benedict has had time to put together a list of possible replacements and for the sake of the program, he will likely move rather quickly to name Diaco’s replacement since the coaching change comes during a pivotal time in recruiting.<<

WTNH SportzEdge guy: Why Bob Diaco deserved another year as UConn head coach
Husky Say Wut.jpg

Reaction Score
Why do you want to retain Balis? He is one of the primary reasons that the OL is so awkward and slow.
I don't think it's as much Balis as it was what he had to work with. You could see a marked improvement once he came on board but the coaching staff wasn't exactly lighting up the recruiting trails and bringing in P-5 quality talent. When the best you can do is get kids being offered by D II and FCS schools mostly and you can count their P-5 and G-5 offers with your two hands then your not giving Balis much to work with. the next staff has to be able to flip some kids in UConn's direction for a change. Balis did good in the SEC. You can't tell me he forgot his craft once he ventured to this side of the Mason-Dixon.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's as much Balis as it was what he had to work with. You could see a marked improvement once he came on board but the coaching staff wasn't exactly lighting up the recruiting trails and bringing in P-5 quality talent. When the best you can do is get kids being offered by D II and FCS schools mostly and you can count their P-5 and G-5 offers with your two hands then your not giving Balis much to work with. the next staff has to be able to flip some kids in UConn's direction for a change. Balis did good in the SEC. You can't tell me he forgot his craft once he ventured to this side of the Mason-Dixon.
Balis was also main S&C guy for the football team at Florida when Urban won a NC. He was Asst. S&C guy assigned to football. He came with Urban from Utah. He knows what it takes to win at the top level in college football.

Reaction Score
Should I consider myself pretty important, since I got an email from Uconn about the firing, or did everyone get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom