Bob Diaco FIRED | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has the job opening been posted yet? That will be the biggest giveaway that Benedict was operating from a position of having already selected the replacement... the job opening, with a posting to be removed by 11:59 PM 1/2

Reaction Score
I agree that he should go - no doubt
But the day after Christmas?
Why not wait until 01/02/17 - UNLESS they have someone pinpointed and is available as of today
Anyway, FHCBD walks away with some cash
AD David Benedict better not screw this last opportunity to save the program

Why today? I would guaranty you the answer to that is that they pulled the trigger as quickly as humanly possible after Benedict raised the money he was told he had to raise.

Reaction Score
Per Dave Benedict convo w/ Joe D on WTIC now - Diaco was called and told this morning.

Reaction Score
Dave Benedict said search will be handled by AD Dept (no Search Firm engagement at this time).

Everything about this seems to tell me that the new coach is already in the bag but what do I know.

Reaction Score
January 11th a key date, to hit ground recruiting.

I know it's a dead or quiet period right now but I thought phone calls and texts were fine, just no face to face...yes, no?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The fact that you disagree with my opinions do not make them untrue. The BB team needs more hustle. And this: Benedict's First Big Move At UConn: Extending Diaco's Contract Through 2020. But it's water under the bridge now and time to look forward, not a time for pieces of lint to be calling people out.
Apparently reading past the headline isn't something you're capable of...

"There were a few things that still needed to be worked through, but most of the major stuff had been agreed to," Benedict said. "I did have, call it six weeks, to get to know Coach Diaco and his staff a little bit. From everything I can evaluate in a short period of time, which is not a lot, I'm very excited about everything I see. I think he's done a great job and I think he's going to do great things at UConn, and I just hope he's going to be with us for a long time."

It'd be a stretch to actually call that Benedict's move.

Reaction Score
I agree that he should go - no doubt
But the day after Christmas?
Why not wait until 01/02/17 - UNLESS they have someone pinpointed and is available as of today
Anyway, FHCBD walks away with some cash
AD David Benedict better not screw this last opportunity to save the program
I doubt that if cloned Bear Bryant, Vince Lombardi, Walter Camp and JoePa, you wouldn't get him to coach UConn. I wish it was true, but I think we need to lose football and go with LAX...
I mean, we are always talking about Syracuse, BCU and Rutgers being bad, but we are worse -- we aren't a P5, they are...

Reaction Score
And another for Wiest. Those two would be my favorites.

What I want is someone who is a young enough coach who knows the northeast, been a assistant OC at a P5, and bring a few young coaches with him. I also want a schedule that doesn't have FCS schools on it along with AAC schools on it. I know I won't get it, but I can dream.

Reaction Score
Diaco came in my last year as a manager. Wonderful guy, treated me fantastic. All of the staff were so good to us. It's sad to see him go knowing him on a personal level & all he's done for my family, but I want to see UConn back to being great again.Hopefully, this hire is the one to do it.
When was UCONN FB great? Really, think about it...

Reaction Score
Yes Virginia! There is a Santa Claus!!! OMG best Christmas gift yet, surpassing even Trump beating the hag.

+1 I still think Trump beating the hag, is still bigger than this...close, but lets make UCONN FB Great -- for the first time.

Reaction Score
LES-MILES-EATS-GRASS.gif

:rolleyes:

Les Myles?Would be a hire that would shake up Northeastern football, but I doubt it...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Les Myles?Would be a hire that would shake up Northeastern football, but I doubt it...

I don't think he is interested...but if he was...the only reason you bring him in is because of his name. He is a defensive guy with bad offensive teams despite having talent. I don't think he is a good fit at UConn. (Unless a strong OC came with him...but it's hard to imagine there are funds for that)

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Haha, nope.

If our AD starts reacting to every little tantrum the fan base throws, then we're in trouble.
It wasn't a little tantrum.....it was thousands of empty seats at every game.....and he knew it would be worse next year if Diaco returned. (See the Tulane game.)

Reaction Score
I want a name that has won at this level and a name that can draw recruits, lastly, I want a guy that won't use this as a stepping stone in the next 4-5 years. If that happens we are all here having this discussion all over again. Go out and get Les Miles here and pay and OC to want to come here.. Having said all that, doesn't matter what I want it, you want or anyone for that matter. It all hangs in the hands of DB and SH.. Let's all pray it works out either way! This hire has to be perfect or this program is done as we know it.

We actually need a stepping stone coach to turn this around quickly. Tom Herman, Matt Ruehle, Justin Fuentes, Willie McTaggert, etc all fit that description. Fuentes even had Memphis High in a lot of people's Big 12 conversation (as much of a nonsense event that while "expansion" was)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom