Bob Diaco FIRED | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
All you nitwits who were crushing Benedict the past month should probably own up to it right about now.

(Most of you won't, though.)
So it was a good idea to give a guy an raise and an extension then fire him the same year?

Reaction Score
My wife's name is Virginia & she definitely believes:).
All that popped into my head as I read the news were M.L.K.'s words, "Free at last, free at last! Thank God Allmighty, I'm free at last..."
I was saving that for when we joined the P5, now you went ahead and ruined it!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Meh, I hate to see my peers lose their jobs, all they have is unemployment checks and an uncertain future.

Diaco will get $3.4 million and an uncertain future. I'm not losing any sleep for him.

He's a good man who made mistakes. We haven't heard the last of him. He will get a job and work his way back up. Will probably be a good HC someday. I got the impression that he tried too hard to be unique when doing the obvious thing was the right move. Time and experience will cure him of that. I wish him and his family all the best.

Reaction Score
Bye, Felicia!

I know it sucks, their human but not one of these guys distinguished themselves. Remember when every running back that lined up for us was productive? Me too. Terry Richardson where have you gone?
Erik Campbell did a pretty good job at WR coach this year...just saying

Reaction Score
Erik Campbell did a pretty good job at WR coach this year...just saying
Maybe him, but he had the least time here. Even still felt Beals regressed, and MaClean's height wasn't even used in the red zone.

Not even him,NEXT.

Reaction Score
He's a good man who made mistakes. We haven't heard the last of him. He will get a job and work his way back up. Will probably be a good HC someday. I got the impression that he tried too hard to be unique when doing the obvious thing was the right move. Time and experience will cure him of that. I wish him and his family all the best.

I don't know if he will make his way back to a HC gig but hopefully he learned that putting 9 yes men in place so he could call every shot doesn't work. That's the most glaring reason why he failed. That, and all the love he showed his players.

Being a player's coach is OK, but putting a carefully worded ass whoopin once in a while on to a player is needed sometimes. Not GDL type whoopin, but regular, light a fire ass whoopin. Then show 'em some love later.

Reaction Score
Now UCONN is the Cleveland of College football. The WORST offense in college football. For those of you that are educated in the Greek classics, you can equate the football program to Sisyphus of Greek lore. Rolling the rock up the hill, and having it roll down again. This is what you have to deal with again. New coach (s), new set up, and for at least 2-3 years nothing more to expect except poor quality football.

Reaction Score
Being a player's coach is OK, but light a fire ass whoopin'. Then show 'em some love later.

Yup. I wont forget being told by one of the players that after he screwed up at E. Carolina and came off the field, Diaco patted his backside with a "good job, good job". He turned and said "Good job? I just missed the stop and let him score".
That's how you lose credibility as a coach.

Reaction Score
Hartford Courant@hartfordcourant 22 mins ago
Reached by the Courant early Monday, Diaco said he was shocked and not yet ready to speak in depth.

Updated by Mike Anthony: Bob Diaco Out As Head Coach Of UConn Football

Fuller: UConn relieves Bob Diaco of football coaching duties

>>While Diaco was proceeding with the belief he would be returning, Benedict has had time to put together a list of possible replacements and for the sake of the program, he will likely move rather quickly to name Diaco’s replacement since the coaching change comes during a pivotal time in recruiting.<<

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I was incredibly optimistic when he was hired, and incredibly pessimistic with the epic collapse in 2016. We simply stopped competing

I wish BD happiness and success in his future, experience is the world's greatest teacher and maybe he'll do better next time

PS: I'm not going to miss the red pants

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Yeah, I would like his misery at the moment. But let's be clear, I do not hate the man. In fact I would be happy to have a beer or two with him.
Agree, 100% If anyone has ever been fired from any job, it is not a great feeling. I wish BD well, this just was not his time. I do not wish him anything but success. He just was not the right guy for this job. We move on and find the person that is! Go Huskies!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Schiano was a terrible game coach that benefitted from Pasqualoni getting fired at Syracuse at the same time that Penn State's program was sliding into disaster. He would not have the benefit of a strong local recruiting region all to himself this time.

The problem with retreads like Pasqualoni is that by the time you get them, they might not give a crap. Pasqualoni had coached in the NFL and had Donovan McNabb at Syracuse. He didn't have the drive needed to be successful. Everything about the program under Pasqualoni felt like half speed.

I can live with an older coach, if UConn is the high water mark of his career. I don't want a coach going backwards.

Hmmm....so no Les Miles?

Reaction Score
All you nitwits who were crushing Benedict the past month should probably own up to it right about now.

(Most of you won't, though.)
Bwa ha ha ...I think it's "knit wits"...I admit it and was happy to crap on him all day long until something got done.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Hmm, Penn State's Bowl game is January 2nd also.
Moorehead is not the answer. This program better hire a name that draws and has had success. I loved JM but I do not see DB going after him but who knows.. its like Christmas all over again..

Reaction Score
Now UCONN is the Cleveland of College football. The WORST offense in college football. For those of you that are educated in the Greek classics, you can equate the football program to Sisyphus of Greek lore. Rolling the rock up the hill, and having it roll down again. This is what you have to deal with again. New coach (s), new set up, and for at least 2-3 years nothing more to expect except poor quality football.
You got to know when the rock is not moving up hill and your actually sliding backwards. The only thing lost are tears and years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom