Bob Diaco FIRED | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has the job opening been posted yet? That will be the biggest giveaway that Benedict was operating from a position of having already selected the replacement... the job opening, with a posting to be removed by 11:59 PM 1/2
This is probably considered an executive position and thus won't need to be posted.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Poor @UConn07 he is heartbroken on twitter. @CTMike asked him the best question: Are you a UConn fan or are you a Diaco fan. I hope Diaco doesn't take the Ministry of Information with him to Bowling Green.

Now that we have a proof of life on @UConn07, has anyone seen @Confident Carl? I think this might be the moment we can finally get him to understand the difference between optimism and hope.

Reaction Score
Why am I being quoted in a thread that, until this post, I hadn't posted in?

Reaction Score
Balis was also main S&C guy for the football team at Florida when Urban won a NC. He was Asst. S&C guy assigned to football. He came with Urban from Utah. He knows what it takes to win at the top level in college football.

I think Balis got the guys bigger and stronger. No rash of unexplained injuries either. But we've underachieved in the speed aspect of player development and game preparation and execution. We need to practice faster and focus a little more on our speed at all positions. Then start to up the tempo during games. Doesn't have to be Oregon but we need to be little quicker how we do things. Passive hasn't worked.

Reaction Score
Poor @UConn07 he is heartbroken on twitter. @CTMike asked him the best question: Are you a UConn fan or are you a Diaco fan. I hope Diaco doesn't take the Ministry of Information with him to Bowling Green.

Now that we have a proof of life on @UConn07, has anyone seen @Confident Carl? I think this might be the moment we can finally get him to understand the difference between optimism and hope.

C

Chief00

Has the job opening been posted yet? That will be the biggest giveaway that Benedict was operating from a position of having already selected the replacement... the job opening, with a posting to be removed by 11:59 PM 1/2
Man you dudes need to get away from this job posting BS - it means absolutely nothing.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Knew something was up three weeks ago but was sworn not to say anything. I am glad it is over and UConn can move on finally.

Joe Morehead is my call without any knowledge this time around

C

Chief00

What are your thoughts on the new coach. Please bless us with your wisdom.
Quite frankly, what I can say is 7-10 days ago the top priority was Moorehead - I did see the Yahoo tweet today - I don't know what to think of it other than right now he is coaching in the Rose Bowl - whatever his personal career agenda is - at least publicly it should wait until that's over. Did he say it publicly? PSU will try to keep him. However, the ratio of assistant coaches to Head Coaches is almost 10 to 1, Coordinators to head coaches is 2 to 1. So it's tough to turn a Head Coaching jobs down in the AAC - a league that has a great track record of successful head coaches landing P5 head coaching jobs.

The offset is that Moorehead already has successful Head Coaching on his resume so that box is checked so he needs that additional successful head coaching gig less than some coordinators who have not been head coaches - although UConn is a higher level than Fordham. I have some information on another candidate but don't know enough to comment.

Benedict was limited about what he could do until today but I think he knows his guy now. For it to be someone other than Moorehead it would have been a real fast pivot since Herbst and the Board of Trustees would have to approve or be notified of the firing and hiring - Not sure if they would have spent $3.4 million unless they were fairly confident in a specific upgrade. So my guess is by about Tuesday of last week - they would have known the plan.

Reaction Score

As most, I didn't see this happening because of the buyout and acknowledged long ago that Diaco got a break because of the contract extension.

I am always optimistic about the future regardless of circumstances. I am excited to see who becomes the next coach! I am happy that the administration found a way to change direction and that UCONN fans are excited again. I would also have been optimistic with the right OC but now see this was probably the best decision. Today's announcement let's the collegiate football world know that UCONN nation is serious about FBS football and also silences those marginal fans who have been promoting a drop to FCS football.

I thought Diaco might have had a chance with the right OC but am not at all disappointed by this announcement. Surprised Yes but disappointed No!

I am an optimistic person in all circumstances because I have the same faith that QB Derek Carr of the Oakland Raiders has. Here's what he told his fans after his season ending leg injury:

Thank you to everyone that has been praying for me! Things happen in life that we don’t always understand, BUT I do KNOW this: I serve a God that loves me and who is the ultimate healer!

I am not worried one bit. I will bounce back and be on my feet within no time! Thank you for all of the love that you, Raider Nation showed me in that stadium today. I will be back! This is a team sport! So everything WE want is still out there for us! See y’all soon! God bless and Merry Christmas!

The tweet included a reference to Old Testament scripture, specifically Joshua 1:9, which says: Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

So you see Whaler, I really don't need a coaching change to give me a lesson in Hope!
My hope and optimism comes from the Christmas message and is all the hope Any of us will ever need!

IMG_0415.JPG

Reaction Score
As most, I didn't see this happening because of the buyout and acknowledged long ago that Diaco got a break because of the contract extension.

I am always optimistic about the future regardless of circumstances. I am excited to see who becomes the next coach! I am happy that the administration found a way to change direction and that UCONN fans are excited again. I would also have been optimistic with the right OC but now see this was probably the best decision. Today's announcement let's the collegiate football world know that UCONN nation is serious about FBS football and also silences those marginal fans who have been promoting a drop to FCS football.

I thought Diaco might have had a chance with the right OC but am not at all disappointed by this announcement. Surprised Yes but disappointed No!

I am an optimistic person in all circumstances because I have the same faith that QB Derek Carr of the Oakland Raiders has. Here's what he told his fans after his season ending leg injury:

Thank you to everyone that has been praying for me! Things happen in life that we don’t always understand, BUT I do KNOW this: I serve a God that loves me and who is the ultimate healer!

I am not worried one bit. I will bounce back and be on my feet within no time! Thank you for all of the love that you, Raider Nation showed me in that stadium today. I will be back! This is a team sport! So everything WE want is still out there for us! See y’all soon! God bless and Merry Christmas!

The tweet included a reference to Old Testament scripture, specifically Joshua 1:9, which says: Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

So you see Whaler, I really don't need a coaching change to give me a lesson in Hope!
My hope and optimism comes from the Christmas message and is all the hope Any of us will ever need!

View attachment 17968
Thank you for the sermon, Reverend Carl.

Reaction Score

View attachment 17968
Thank you for the sermon, Reverend Carl.
Would like to see Moorhead part the seas and deliver us to promised land......and along the way, bring back Coaches Foley for OL and Jon Wholly (DC) !!!

Reaction Score
Yep we gotta start trending up. 2 failed hires, 6 consecutive losing seasons, 1 bowl game appearance in that time, the worst PPG of any team in the COUNTRY the last 3 years.

The last thing I'm worried about is a coach having too much success and getting plucked.
I caught the last part of the Center Lane Bowl, with BC, and it's offensive coordinator Paul Pasquolini. Had to laugh at that one. two 6-6 teams in a bowl game, Maryland and Boston College. BC ends 7-6, while Maryland ends 6-7. You can't make this up.

Reaction Score
I caught the last part of the Center Lane Bowl, with BC, and it's offensive coordinator Paul Pasquolini. Had to laugh at that one. two 6-6 teams in a bowl game, Maryland and Boston College. BC ends 7-6, while Maryland ends 6-7. You can't make this up.
He's there DL coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01