Bob Diaco FIRED | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Not sure why all the hate on what we call Retreads. Take Schiano for an example - I hated him at Rutgers but his resume is really good. He got that program out of a bigger dumpster than they are now. I don't want him because he is slick and his game management was Diacoesque. Al Golden took Temple from a far worse place to where we are now and look at them. We need a program builder- the opposite of PP and the opposite of a kooky Big program Defensive Coordinator. I don't know enough about the Old Dominion coach or any FCS guys to see if they are builders. But after what we have gone through since RE left, we can't just take a wing and a prayer on a hot coordinator. We don't have 3 more years to re-build- the fan base can't take it.

And if one more person says FLECK, just stop a F please. He said he wants a P5 job and will stay where he is to get it.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
In the interviews, can we ask the prospective coaches about their clock management?

Reaction Score
Maryland-Eastern Shore, Colby and LIU are hoping so.

Indeed. The new HC needs to start picking up players that are coveted by P5 schools (at least the ones not named Alabama, Ohio State and other upper elite). Tired of recruiting against Central, New Hampshire and Stony Brook.

Reaction Score
You certainly can't think Edsall is not a realistic option giving the circumstances, his previous success here, and his current employment status.

Another name who was getting a lot of well deserved play before Diaco was hired is former OC Rob Ambrose who at the time couldn't interview because he was preparing his team (Towson University) for the FCS National Championship game, and don't forget he brought his team into the Rent 2 years ago and beat Diaco. Quality guy, great track record, and like Moorehead and Edsall he has a history at UConn.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This ticks me off quite a bit.

We got suckered in to the OC deadline today so I figured it's safe to run some errands. I get a text from an LSU fan breaking the news to me.

I'm never leaving the BY again. Totally late to the party.
I got caught up being a "good dad" and "helping my kid enjoy his Christmas toys"... I feel ya. I should have been here instead. ;)

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
All you nitwits who were crushing Benedict the past month should probably own up to it right about now.

(Most of you won't, though.)
I think the fact that nothing happened for so long gave everyone the right to put pressure on him. Maybe the fact that the fan base looked to be deserting a sinking ship helped push him into the decision.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I think the fact that nothing happened for so long gave everyone the right to put pressure on him. Maybe the fact that the fan base looked to be deserting a sinking ship helped push him into the decision.

I don't think the thought of fans deserting entered in to Benedict's decision at all. He seems to be an intelligent guy.

I think he started the wheels turning when the season ended. He knew Diaco coming back was a no go. Everything behind closed doors, private and no leaks! Sometime after 1/2 we will know who our new HC is. I believe the deal has already been done!

Let the rumors fly!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Not sure why all the hate on what we call Retreads. Take Schiano for an example - I hated him at Rutgers but his resume is really good. He got that program out of a bigger dumpster than they are now. I don't want him because he is slick and his game management was Diacoesque. Al Golden took Temple from a far worse place to where we are now and look at them. We need a program builder- the opposite of PP and the opposite of a kooky Big program Defensive Coordinator. I don't know enough about the Old Dominion coach or any FCS guys to see if they are builders. But after what we have gone through since RE left, we can't just take a wing and a prayer on a hot coordinator. We don't have 3 more years to re-build- the fan base can't take it.

And if one more person says FLECK, just stop a F please. He said he wants a P5 job and will stay where he is to get it.

All the coaches that people are tting all over like Golden, Diaco, and Edsall built their programs from literally nothing. Diaco has run this thing into the ground. Make no mistake, whoever takes over has a major rebuild at hand just to become competitive in The AAC. Uconn needs to be very sure that the next guy knows how to build, can do it quickly, and that being the man in charge won't be too big for him. Also Jim Tressel is no longer bound by a show clause penalty. Just saying...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Schiano was a terrible game coach that benefitted from Pasqualoni getting fired at Syracuse at the same time that Penn State's program was sliding into disaster. He would not have the benefit of a strong local recruiting region all to himself this time.

The problem with retreads like Pasqualoni is that by the time you get them, they might not give a crap. Pasqualoni had coached in the NFL and had Donovan McNabb at Syracuse. He didn't have the drive needed to be successful. Everything about the program under Pasqualoni felt like half speed.

I can live with an older coach, if UConn is the high water mark of his career. I don't want a coach going backwards.

Reaction Score
Haha, nope.

If our AD starts reacting to every little tantrum the fan base throws, then we're in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom