Bob Diaco FIRED | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Email just came in from Benedict as attached...

Attachments

• IMG_9788.PNG
    IMG_9788.PNG
    171.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Reaction Score
My only question was what took so long? This isn't a rhetorical question, was Benedict trying to get the money situation sorted out, he has coach in waiting or did he have an end of season sit-down with Diaco and he didnt like what he heard?

Reaction Score
The new HC needs to be an offense guy. Every waking moment needs to be about offensive side of LOS. Let's get points on the board. Do not want a defense guy, or a ground and pound, wear 'em down in the 4th quarter guy. Want games that are 42-40 and someone who can figure out how to put UConn on the plus side of such a score, more often than not.

Reaction Score
Absolutely, by those who doubted Pres. Herbst's commitment to keeping this university relevant, David Benedict's understanding of the gravity of staying the course, the BOD's recognizing this coaching move was the litmus test of looking out for UConn's long term welfare. In my conversations with several higher ups it was clear that there was a growing knowledge (not just a perception) by too many that we were at a Rubicon moment.
I'm extremely proud of all involved in making this happen. At a more skeptical moment I considered changing my avatar. Not any more!

Shoot ... now I have to look up Rubicon ...

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Just saw this scroll on the bottom line.

Merry flippin Christmas Boneyard!

Reaction Score
C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 1h1 hour ago
Only #UConn would wait till every decent candidate has been hired by other teams to fire their coach and pay a $4 million buyout w/ no plan.
Well, they have probably already got their guy and he will be coaching next weekend. Count on UConn and the other school to have already talked and figured out how to do it gracefully. UConn has a huge stake in making the transition amicable. Regardless of whether or not realignment is 5 or 25 years away, P5 schools will be watching UConn to see if they handle the situation "correctly". Gotta do it with class and adhere to all the norms of the business.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01