Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 54 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I appreciate the Mods for allowing this thread to continue (didn't want to say that cause it may cause bad luck but... I think they are cool with it and as soon as she announce they gonna lock this with the quickness)

Yes.......just give us 24 hours to vent and agree that we didn't really need her all that badly in the first place.......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

24 Hours seems about right to me. Now If she happens to to pick UCONN, I get to celebrate & gloat until 2025-or 4 years after she has graduated.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I think that Young and Boley are going to have spectacular freshman seasons. Both of them were super impressive in the all-star games and I can see them making a major impact very early in their careers.

First game is on Friday against Central Michigan, so proof of the pudding (or something like that) will be on first official display.
In exhibitions and practices, Young plays bigger than her 6' and apparently is more than willing to stick her nose in on defense and loose balls. She's (just) one reason I'm not too crazed about the Walker/Westbrook situation......

Boley rebounds well, but the quick release from long range is what has people very, very excited.
Stay tuned!

Looking south, I'll be following Ms. Cox quite a bit....

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I know MW has not announced yet - I think she announces Thursday on an ESPN show - but to tell you the truth I am sick of seeing this thread title at the top of the forum page on a subject that has long since been beat to death.....

Can an admin please lock this thread ..... please!!!!!

Lock it because it's widely popular and has many views and opinions? ok sure, then let's lock up the rest of the recruiting threads right? the HUGE thread on next year's recruits with info and opionions, yeah let's lock that one up too. Oh and let's not forget the even more popular 2019 recruiting thread. Nothing good there. Right?

I mean why would fans of this boneyard be any interested in future prospects, Geno should just stop recruiting as well since there seems to be no interest in recruiting and and discussing how our TEAM can continue to be great.

C'mon really man?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The television developments were one of the first things that struck me when they scheduled their respective announcements within an hour of each other. The "times they are a changin'...."
Well, time to turn on ESPNU.

I think most are under the impression Walker is announcing during the ESPN signing day show but she's actually supposed to announce early in the day before talking about her decision on the show later.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My son-in-law's barber has a friend who has connections, and he says that she is holding off until this thread hits 2000 posts. So bring it on, y'all!

Here's 1.

Reaction Score
I see UCONN in MW's future. If anybody can keep quiet when it comes to players/info, it's definitely UCONN. QUESTION: When did we find out about Azure coming to UCONN????
ANSWER: When she had already sealed the deal!

Once again...wishful thinking on my behalf!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I see UCONN in MW's future. If anybody can keep quiet when it comes to players/info, it's definitely UCONN. QUESTION: When did we find out about Azure coming to UCONN????

Who?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Another seer, welcome oh WiseOne. Another person of my Ilk. It's going to be an interesting year. Every game will be an adventure. I need all the prognosticating help I can get. Take a little pressure off ol' Carnac. :cool:

Reaction Score
Whoa, didn't know this Sluconn, - looks like we are still firmly in the race then.

I had pretty much given up- figured they would both be announcing back to back decisions to go to N.D.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I think most are under the impression Walker is announcing during the ESPN signing day show but she's actually supposed to announce early in the day before talking about her decision on the show later.

From what I can read, MW's expecting to make her announcement, the speak within an hour or two. Whether that's "early in the day" or "earlier," I'll leave to people's decision.

Based on Megan Walker's announcement on her own twitter account, she's going to make her announcement at 6 p.m. in her high school. The recruiting show starts at 6 p.m. and -- as the press release that I've provided the link for says -- she expects to comment on that decision. So, while she won't make her decision on the show, she'll be on it pretty much immediately thereafter.
And, btw, Westbrook is making her announcement at 7 p.m. EST.

For what it's worth, I personally don't think making the announcement will have any effect on her/Westbook choices, but I wouldn't be surprised if the timing might've been affected by a request to be on the show.

ESPN Recruiting Nation: Basketball Signing Day Special on ESPNU will Feature College Announcements from Three Top Prospects in ESPN 100 - ESPN MediaZone

Carnac

Reaction Score
I appreciate the Mods for allowing this thread to continue (didn't want to say that cause it may cause bad luck but... I think they are cool with it and as soon as she announce they gonna lock this with the quickness)

This thing took on a life of its own, ballooning to 135, 471 views with 1,336 comments. Well, tomorrow the other shoe drops. No more waiting or speculating. Megan is finally going to reveal where she's going. I've read some very interesting and some very humorous comments in this thread since it's inception. It provided us something to talk about over the summer. Lets keep our fingers crossed that she is coming to Storrs. :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
This thing took on a life of its own, ballooning to 135, 471 views with 1,336 comments. Well, tomorrow the other shoe drops. No more waiting or speculating. Megan is finally going to reveal where she's going. I've read some very interesting and some very humorous comments in this thread since it's inception. It provided us something to talk about over the summer. Lets keep our fingers crossed that she is coming to Storrs. :)
upload_2016-11-9_23-38-21.jpeg

Carnac

Reaction Score
As we close out this thread tomorrow after the reveal, I can't help but wonder if the other 3 commits from the class of 2017: Andra Espinoza-Hunter, Mikayla Coombs and Lexi Gordon, feel slighted in anyway (like chopped liver), due to all of the attention Megan Walker has been getting from UConn, and the Boneyard faithful the last 3 months? Over 1330 comments on this thread, and I'll bet their names weren't mentioned more than twice. If Walker chooses to go elsewhere, we're going to depend heavily on these 3 young ladies to make us forget about Walker in the coming years. I hope we have not done them a disservice in the mean time. :oops:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As we close out this thread tomorrow after the reveal, I can't help but wonder if the other 3 commits from the class of 2017: Andra Espinoza-Hunter, Mikayla Coombs and Lexi Gordon, feel slighted in anyway (like chopped liver), due to all of the attention Megan Walker has been getting from UConn, and the Boneyard faithful the last 3 months? Over 1330 comments on this thread, and I'll bet their names weren't mentioned more than twice. If Walker chooses to go elsewhere, we're going to depend heavily on these 3 young ladies to make us forget about Walker in the coming years. I hope we have not done them a disservice in the mean time. :oops:
This thread alone is not a reflection of the love Andi, Mikayla & Lexi have not been getting on the Boneyard. Each player has had their own thread. Andi has been getting steady love on the Boneyard since she was a Freshmen in HS. Megan happens to be the #1 recruit and I bet if you go back and look and quantify the love it was in the same proportion for Stewie, Morgan, Moriah in 2012. All three players will be needed by UCONN regardless if Megan comes to UCONN or not. I don't think we have done a disservice because Husky love is definitely not equally spread.

Reaction Score
I've been sleeping for the last 20 years, when this thread was started, so forgive me but is there a specific time today that Ms Walker makes her announcement ?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My son-in-law's barber has a friend who has connections, and he says that she is holding off until this thread hits 2000 posts. So bring it on, y'all!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw Walker pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, here's a passage from the South Bend Tribune's signing day article -

upload_2016-11-10_9-8-11.png

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Here in Austin, our beat writer tweeted that Texas "expects" to sign one or more additional players. He also listed only UConn and Texas as finalists for Walker. We fans assumed he made a mistake. Last week, I heard from someone close to the Texas program that Texas "could" get commitments from one or two more players-- no names, of course. At that time, the staff was described as "hopeful."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom