Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 55 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, here's a passage from the South Bend Tribune's signing day article -

View attachment 16760

Orangutan, you've posted a lot of tweets and retweets along with a myriad of articles and comments. You've got a pretty good track record with respect to accuracy and timing. We appreciate your contributions to the yard. Of all the posts you've shared here this year, THIS is the one post I hope is proven to be 100% accurate and correct.

UConn needs 1 more highly coveted 5 star recruit to close out its class of 2017 recruitment campaign. We've been reading about ND, Louisville, Texas, Baylor, Stanford, Tennessee, Duke and other top 10 programs signing coveted recruits they've been pursuing. It would be nice if UConn could join the celebration other programs are reveling in if they too were successful in getting a commit, and signing one of their most coveted recruits.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Link to article - Notre Dame women's basketball signs two post players
No explanation, but it matches the online chatter.
I'm probably reading more into this that I need to but this article seems like it's intended to soften the blow of Walker not coming to ND because it talks positively about everything ND related including 2018 signee Gilbert. Patterson signed weeks ago and quite honestly I had forgotten that Nelso was on the ND roster.

Reaction Score
24 Hours seems about right to me. Now If she happens to to pick UCONN, I get to celebrate & gloat until 2025-or 4 years after she has graduated.
Don't know where she'll be going, she appears to be a great young lady...but, if her comment about wanting to play where the coach will develop her, and her Twitter account's love for Ray Allen are any hint, let's hope for the best! :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
The Boneyard is many things to different people. A source of news and information to some, an avenue of escape for others. A diversion of sorts if you will. A way to take our minds off of some personal issues we may be dealing with for a moment or two. Some people drink, some do drugs, and stills others come here. This place is a lot more fun, more entertaining, and much less harmful to our bodies (and to our families/livelihoods) that the other available alternatives. This is a "safe" place. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Don't know where she'll be going, she appears to be a great young lady...but, if her comment about wanting to play where the coach will develop her, and her Twitter account's love for Ray Allen are any hint, let's hope for the best! :cool:

Everything that I can cross, is crossed. I'm an optimist. Why not us? We know a decision has been made days/weeks ago. We just don't know what it is...........yet. She's coming to UConn!! I'm as far out on this limb as I can go on any prediction I'll make this year. Anyone care to join me?? :rolleyes:

Carnac

Reaction Score
All three of the teams that she is considering are NC contenders so whichever she chooses, somebody is about to get a LOT better.

ET, you left a word out of your comment............."immediately". Somebody is about to get a LOT better immediately. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Tweeting and retweeting really is a science. I still haven't figured it out. It's like differential equations.

Hang on ET, this will all be over soon. Then we can ALL take a deep breath, and resume our normal daily lives/routines again, after being being held hostage for 4 months by a 17 year old phenom. :oops: If she's coming to Storrs, the party and celebrations will begin immediately. :)

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just a note regarding the timing of phone calls to winning and losing coaches - there have been a few times where a leak of an anticipated decision has occurred emanating from a school on either side of the decision, which has I suspect made it more likely that phone calls to coaches would occur either right before an announcement or right after an announcement. If a kid (and their family) wants to keep the suspense, it strikes me as not a good look that the adults in the process cannot resist the need to communicate prior to the reveal.

Carnac

Reaction Score
These last few hours is like the suspense the Indians and Cubs fans had 5 hours or so before the start of game 7 of the world series. They knew there was a real good chance THEIR team was going to win, but they were not 100% sure. That small margin of doubt was agonizing to the real "die hard" fans. You could have cut the tension with a knife. :confused:

Reaction Score
Bags, the Boneyard is many things to different people. A source of news and information to some, an avenue of escape for others. A diversion of sorts if you will. A way to take our minds off of some personal issues we may be dealing with for a moment or two. Some people drink, some do drugs, and still others come here. This place is a lot more fun, more entertaining, and much less harmful to our bodies (and to our families/livelihoods) that the other available alternatives. This is a "safe" place. :)
I'm going out on a limb and saying these activities aren't necessarily mutually exclusive :D

Reaction Score
Just a note regarding the timing of phone calls to winning and losing coaches - there have been a few times where a leak of an anticipated decision has occurred emanating from a school on either side of the decision, which has I suspect made it more likely that phone calls to coaches would occur either right before an announcement or right after an announcement. If a kid (and their family) wants to keep the suspense, it strikes me as not a good look that the adults in the process cannot resist the need to communicate prior to the reveal.

Those calls are usually made when a recruits makes their decision and not so much when she announces it. I would be shocked if the coaches didn't hear from Walker a week or so ago when she tweeted when her announcement was happening.

Reaction Score
Isn't there an ESPN News conference scheduled today to announce the earth shaking news of where they'll both
be "marketing their brand"? What time is that supposed to be happening?

Reaction Score
Up to this point, I have refrained from commenting on this lengthy thread because I think it's fairly insane. However, why not throw in my two cents worth, to wit:

1. From all that I've seen and heard, Megan seems to have the potential to become a truly transcendent player.
2. The one individual on this planet who seems most likely to help her transform that potential into reality is named Geno Auriemma.
3. Megan, by all appearances, is a nice girl from a nice family.
4. I do not believe that Megan is "toying" with my emotions. She is as incapable of toying with my emotions as I am of toying with hers.
5. Should she elect to take her talents to Storrs, I am going to be delighted and I'm going to light up a very good cigar.
6. Should she elect to go elsewhere, I'm going to be disappointed, I guess, and...I'm going to light up a very good cigar anyway.
7. The sun rose Wednesday morning. It will definitely arise yet again tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Link to article - Notre Dame women's basketball signs two post players

No explanation, but it matches the online chatter.

I'm probably reading more into this that I need to but this article seems like it's intended to soften the blow of Walker not coming to ND because it talks positively about everything ND related including 2018 signee Gilbert. Patterson signed weeks ago and quite honestly I had forgotten that Nelso was on the ND roster.

This attribution below is the one that catches my eye. Orangutan, FA and other Domer posters have noted that MM has gone on record as liking her roster at 12 players. We're currently at 11 (the 12th was Taya Reimer). If we keep a two-person class (Patterson and Vaughn), we stay at 11 in 2017-18. We then lose Turner, Westbeld, Nelson and Johnson, bringing us down to 7. We'll need those 4 or 5 to get back to current 11 or preferred 12.

Of course, one of those players could still surprise us tonight or could come in April.

So, "soften the blow" or "temper disappointment" (which I saw on the board a day or two ago) seems right. I'll still direct some positive thoughts later this p.m. but -- once again -- am very glad we have Jackie Young on board this year.

"Lindsay Allen and Diamond Thompson are the only two seniors expected to leave at the end of the season, but McGraw expects she will add four or five players in the 2018 recruiting class."

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No links, inside info.... come on, somebody knows something

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'll be sleep when she announces... waking up to the news will be very interesting!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
post your Final Prediction before "The Announcement"... Texas was my selection but things have cooled off lately. I'm picking UConn, your turn!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There are 5 top 10 recruits still uncommitted. Any predictions on the other three besides Walker and Westbrook? I am surprise that so many top 10 recruits have waited this long.

Rellah Boothe
Sidney Cooks
Michaela Onyenwere

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
post your Final Prediction before "The Announcement"... Texas was my selection but things have cooled off lately. I'm picking UConn, your turn!

UCONN, all the way. Add her to a team with Samuelson, Nurse, Stevens, Dangerfield, Collier, Williams, Camara...forget about it! Looking at just what UCONN has listed above I am not sure you will need her to win a championship. You guys are going to be LOADED next season.

I think Texas needs her the most and would be the place where she gets the most playing time.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
"Lindsay Allen and Diamond Thompson are the only two seniors expected to leave at the end of the season, but McGraw expects she will add four or five players in the 2018 recruiting class."

Methinks Niele's going to have a lot of frequent flyer miles by this time next year (I'm just going to pretend she doesn't get poached for an HC job in the offseason).

I'm guessing Texas for Walker but that's with very low certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom