Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 56 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Walker to Illinois State. Go Redbirds! I mean, after the last two weeks, anything can happen, and eventually does.

Reaction Score
That tweet of a picture of MM with Geno is a big tease. It's hard to believe that she would throw that out as simply a faint and fake. I think she comes to UConn.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Methinks Niele's going to have a lot of frequent flyer miles by this time next year (I'm just going to pretend she doesn't get poached for an HC job in the offseason).

I'm guessing Texas for Walker but that's with very low certainty.

And to think the one slot that is committed (Ms. Gilbert) is/will probably (be) the closest geographically.
A lot of miles and a number of different positions, to boot (PG, post/big forward(s), maybe another guard/wing on top of Ms. Gilbert).

I've got no idea where these tea leaves are going with Ms. Walker, but I'll take a guess that Westbrook stays in Oregon. Close to family. Good coaching staff.

Reaction Score
That tweet of a picture of MM with Geno is a big tease. It's hard to believe that she would throw that out as simply a faint and fake. I think she comes to UConn.
The picture on the tweet is of all three schools if you enlarge it

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm putting the chances at UConn 40%, ND 35%, and Texas 25%. All are possible and all are good choices. All have good coaches and lots of talent. Given the pollsters' major error on Tuesday, no one really knows.

I like Meg's tweets and retweets of praise for Maya and Ray Allen; saying she will wind up where she always belonged; and retweeting Lexi Gordon's tweet about playing with the player(s) that she is supposed to be playing with.

I also think that UConn's exposure will help Megan with her "brand," though the social media hiatus during the season may be a negative for her. The coaching, preparation, and chances of winning at UConn are really the best. All the games are televised in some form, and it's the closest campus to home.

With Meg and Evina Westbrook announcing today, that's a plus for ND, the only school in common on their lists. Niele Ivey is a plus for ND.

I think Tina Thompson is a plus for Texas.

But we have Geno, and no one else does.

Reaction Score
I'm putting the chances at UConn 40%, ND 35%, and Texas 25%. All are possible and all are good choices. All have good coaches and lots of talent. Given the pollsters' major error on Tuesday, no one really knows.

I like Meg's tweets and retweets of praise for Maya and Ray Allen; saying she will wind up where she always belonged; and retweeting Lexi Gordon's tweet about playing with the player(s) that she is supposed to be playing with.

I also think that UConn's exposure will help Megan with her "brand," though the social media hiatus during the season may be a negative for her. The coaching, preparation, and chances of winning at UConn are really the best. All the games are televised in some form, and it's the closest campus to home.

With Meg and Evina Westbrook announcing today, that's a plus for ND, the only school in common on their lists. Niele Ivey is a plus for ND.

I think Tina Thompson is a plus for Texas.

But we have Geno, and no one else does.

Interesting.
My odds would be
45% Texas
44% UCONN
11% ND
Of course, ask me again in 2 1/2 hours and I'll probably have a different formula.

Reaction Score

To me, that's a very telling and profound statement, my excitement just kicked up a notch! :D:D

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I assume this is the one folks are talking about:

UCONN doesn't let recruits take photographs with a jersey on like the other two schools did. I don't think it's a tease or a telling sign it's just that she had to put all 3 schools in and since there is no UCONN jersey a pic with Geno tells everyone that CT is one of the 3 choices. No hidden meanings IMO

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
To me, that's a very telling and profound statement, my excitement just kicked up a notch! :D:D
Meg also says in interviews that UConn was the only/primary school she looked at early on. Then she expanded her list, and she liked Notre Dame and Texas a lot. She claimed to love all them and be confused, so she was unable to decide in September. If she's back to her initial lean, that's UConn. But let's wait until 6:00. Any one of the three is possible.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well with ND out of the picture I really like UConns chances.

Reaction Score
While we wait for Ms Walker's decision, hoopgurlz #26, Vivian Gray, has just committed to a D2 school.

Reaction Score
Tick, tick, tick...Is it time yet?...tick, tick, tick...who me? No, no, not interested at all. I am much to mature (old) to pay attention to such things.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
While we wait for Ms Walker's decision, hoopgurlz #26, Vivian Gray, has just committed to a D2 school.

I saw that. Fort Lewis in Durango, CO. Her sister goes to school there and her mother went to school there. She said that basketball is not her driving force, although she likes playing. She also said she didn't want to go to a big school as that is not where she feels comfortable.

It's good to see a player go where they know they feel happy, regardless of the division. After all, quality of life is important.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
UCONN doesn't let recruits take photographs with a jersey on like the other two schools did. I don't think it's a tease or a telling sign it's just that she had to put all 3 schools in and since there is no UCONN jersey a pic with Geno tells everyone that CT is one of the 3 choices. No hidden meanings IMO
thanks MKW, welcome to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc