Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anybody have new info on Megan Walker and her impending decision?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I get that people take an interest in top recruits, but something about these types of threads feels creepy and stalkerish to me. We're talking about 16- and 17-year-old kids. She'll decide to go wherever she decides to go, when the time is right for her.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I get that people take an interest in top recruits, but something about these types of threads feels creepy and stalkerish to me. We're talking about 16- and 17-year-old kids. She'll decide to go wherever she decides to go, when the time is right for her.
be1be793e30ac59bddff98a55164bc8e.jpg

Reaction Score

Yeah, you're right. Discussing where the nation's best women's college basketball recruit may go or when the nation's best women's college basketball recruit may make their decision on a women's college basketball forum is definitely "creepy and stalkerish".:rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeah, you're right. Discussing where the nation's best women's college basketball recruit may go or when the nation's best women's college basketball recruit may make their decision on a women's college basketball forum is definitely "creepy and stalkerish".:rolleyes:

It goes beyond mere "discussion," in my opinion, when about every five days someone feels compelled to start a whole new "What's the Latest on Megan?" thread and her every micromovement, both IRL and on social media, is surveilled and hyperanalyzed to the nth degree. But that's just me.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It goes beyond mere "discussion," in my opinion, when about every five days someone feels compelled to start a whole new "What's the Latest on Megan?" thread and her every micromovement, both IRL and on social media, is surveilled and hyperanalyzed to the nth degree. But that's just me.
It is not just you.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Because this time I felt the desire to share my feelings about these recruit-helicoptering threads.

It's apparent that some people agree with me and some don't, which I expected. Just because not everyone agrees with me doesn't mean I must remain silent. People with divergent opinions can share the same board.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Because this time I felt the desire to share my feelings about these recruit-helicoptering threads.

It's apparent that some people agree with me and some don't, which I expected. Just because not everyone agrees with me doesn't mean I must remain silent. People with divergent opinions can share the same board.
Ain't that the Damn Truth!!

Reaction Score

I certainly think you should feel free to speak your mind as long as you don't disparage those on this board who find it entertaining to do some non-intrusive recruiting detective work..... .....I always have found it interesting that some of those folks who find it "creepy" have no problem making critical remarks about an 18 year old player's physical ability and/or mental makeup once they attain a college scholarship.........

Reaction Score
I certainly think you should feel free to speak your mind as long as you don't disparage those on this board who find it entertaining to do some non-intrusive recruiting detective work..... .....I always have found it interesting that some of those folks who find it "creepy" have no problem making critical remarks about an 18 year old player's physical ability and/or mental makeup once they attain a college scholarship....
Yes, let's have more peace and tolerance on this board. Sometimes the search for recruiting news can seem intrusive and overbearing. I don't believe that's true in this case. Again, peace.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I always have found it interesting that some of those folks who find it "creepy" have no problem making critical remarks about an 18 year old player's physical ability and/or mental makeup once they attain a college scholarship....
Intrusiveness (unwelcomed contact) at 16-17 is creepy. The same intrusiveness at 18 is perhaps "less creepy" but still ...... Intrusiveness at any age is potentially still creepy. Commenting on a players physical ability and/or mental makeup is none of the above.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The irony is that we're having this discussion over Walker who retweets compliment after compliment. She appears to enjoy the spotlight moreso than most recruits.

Reaction Score
The irony is that we're having this discussion over Walker who retweets compliment after compliment. She appears to enjoy the spotlight moreso than most recruits.

Agreed..............Walker sure appears to love all of the attention that comes with the recruiting process and now that the new NCAA social media rules allow college coaches to like and retweet the recruit's own comments, it will take on a whole new dimension...............I have a feeling that there are those out there that are unfamiliar with social media and the way that it is viewed by high school athletes or any high school aged person for that matter............perhaps it's an age thing.........I live it every day with my high school daughter so perhaps I have a different perspective............

Reaction Score
Can't believe there are rules about clicking but not typing with respect to social media (what do you do if your computer doesn't have a mouse?), but none addressing real issues like student-athletes taking fake classes to stay eligible. Goes to show you how lost the NCAA truly is. In any case if Walker comes to UConn that'll be the end of her tweeting.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
I like the new social media rules, but I've already seen 1 coach break this. Recently a recruit committed to her college. The next day the coach sent a tweet tagging the new recruit. Makes you wonder what else was done prior to the commitment to get this girl to commit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom