Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well posters it time for celebration. It is at last August.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
New Hoopgurlz piece on Walker and her busy summer - The crazy summer of top women's basketball prospect Megan Walker

"Walker said she will take the one-hour car trip to the Virginia campus sometime late this month. She'll then visit the University of Texas from Sept. 2-5, leaving the Longhorns campus one day before she starts her senior year at Monacan.

After that, Walker will tour Connecticut on Sept. 15-18 and Notre Dame on Sept. 23-25 before making what promises to be an incredibly difficult choice."

Reaction Score
I certainly think you should feel free to speak your mind as long as you don't disparage those on this board who find it entertaining to do some non-intrusive recruiting detective work..... .....I always have found it interesting that some of those folks who find it "creepy" have no problem making critical remarks about an 18 year old player's physical ability and/or mental makeup once they attain a college scholarship....
As a deviate/Variant and probably paranoid Creepy is a bit strong to use on a site that has many titles referring to who is an who is not interested in not only UConn but other schools. The deviate me--I'm interested whether Megan goes to UVA or UConn.
Everyone has an opinion, as Geno has cried often much like colon spyngsters (sp) or glutus Maximus's and as such they should have use of them on the Boneyard. An opinion is ONLY an opinion--no one actually gets shot for stating them, here!! at least not often!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's how the the University of Massachusetts handles the new rules for coaches and social media:

Coxc_dVXEAADEIz.jpg:large

Sheila Roux ‏@CoachRoux Aug 1South Hadley, MA

BIG day in western Mass. Great visitor & family on campus AND new NCAA social media rules! #clickdonttype

7 retweets11 likes

Previous
There was a great bakery run by French Canadians--loads of French Canadian in that area--they made French Meat pies
Langolios (When a Canadian player of the same last name played on Seton Hall)--their other bakery product were great too.
Obviouly, I love the area including North Hampton. A great Civil War Monument for the Mass Soldiers who died in the Wilderness near Richmond. A small park nearby is named for a relative who was killed in WWII.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Has TonyC taken the summer off? The chum is in the water and it extends for miles. The last time I remember all this attention being paid a recruit it was for A'ja Wilson. We all know how that's working out. You can be a big fish or a big fish and a wearer of Nat'l Bling. I vote for number 2, how about you?

Reaction Score
As a deviate/Variant and probably paranoid Creepy is a bit strong to use on a site that has many titles referring to who is an who is not interested in not only UConn but other schools. The deviate me--I'm interested whether Megan goes to UVA or UConn.
Everyone has an opinion, as Geno has cried often much like colon spyngsters (sp) or glutus Maximus's and as such they should have use of them on the Boneyard. An opinion is ONLY an opinion--no one actually gets shot for stating them, here!! at least not often!!

Sorry..............UVA's Out!!!!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
New Hoopgurlz piece on Walker and her busy summer - The crazy summer of top women's basketball prospect Megan Walker

"Walker said she will take the one-hour car trip to the Virginia campus sometime late this month. She'll then visit the University of Texas from Sept. 2-5, leaving the Longhorns campus one day before she starts her senior year at Monacan.

After that, Walker will tour Connecticut on Sept. 15-18 and Notre Dame on Sept. 23-25 before making what promises to be an incredibly difficult choice."

Scratch the car ride to UVA -- Megan Walker now down to three schools: UConn, ND and Texas.
(I was just about to post this and CharlieBBall's entry popped up!)

While the Cavaliers were the hometown team of the group and Walker has identified academics as a factor, I was as always a bit leery of UVA's chances on this one given the ups and downs in Charlottesville hoops recently(In fact, I read a few pieces pondering Coach Boyle's security). Luckily, she's got some good recruits coming in this year and hope that will help.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Would Megan be an instant starter at SF at all three of her finalists, or would she come off the bench based on the depth charts?

At Texas, assuming then-senior, Ariel Atkins slides over to SG (I think the depth chart this season will cause her to play at SF), then Texas definitely has an immediate starting spot open at SF. Texas' depth in 2017 will be at PG and SG, and none of the backcourt players (other than Atkins at 5'11) really has the size to play the three spot. But, a lot of schools are employing a three-guard lineup these days.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Would Megan be an instant starter at SF at all three of her finalists, or would she come off the bench based on the depth charts?

At Texas, assuming then-senior, Ariel Atkins slides over to SG (I think the depth chart this season will cause her to play at SF), then Texas definitely has an immediate starting spot open at SF. Texas' depth in 2017 will be at PG and SG, and none of the backcourt players (other than Atkins at 5'11) really has the size to play the three spot. But, a lot of schools are employing a three-guard lineup these days.

ND has been playing, in effect, a three-guard (if not more) lineup recently. In 2017-18, the 2-3 slots will feature "to-be juniors" Marina Mabrey and Arike Ogunbowale, as well as "to be sophomore" Jackie Young. Those are three pretty fine players. (Point guard will probably be manned by Ali Patberg.) Assuming this core, there's certainly room in that 2-3 rotation for Ms. Walker. As for being a starter, stay tuned. I'm sure she is very well aware of the personnel situations of all three schools and welcomes the challenges and opportunities.....

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I think she'd have to earn her minutes at UConn or ND but based on her ability I'm sure she would get significant playing time.............not sure starting as a freshman is as important to most women as it is to the men who can turn pro after one season...........................

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
nothing new here..jpg
I consulted with Madam Claire and she says there is no great significance (maybe) to ND being on the bottom.

Reaction Score
As Kentucky and Duke learned recently, these signature players with skills, grades and character have myriad choices. Rational analysis and solid parenting have given Megan an unlimited menu of options. So why, would a great kid like this make a decision before she is absolutely certain that she will be going to a program and school where she can prosper as a person and player? Her presence would make certain programs noteworthy; but her attendance at any of the top 5 would require the maturity to accept that she can be a generational star within a team of stars. Ego can be a narcotic.

Reaction Score
The irony is that we're having this discussion over Walker who retweets compliment after compliment. She appears to enjoy the spotlight moreso than most recruits.

You could not be more wrong. Her own tweets suggest that she is critical of herself and self-deprecatory when appropriate. She GETS compliment after compliment because she earns that praise.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
You could not be more wrong. Her own tweets suggest that she is critical of herself and self-deprecatory when appropriate. She GETS compliment after compliment because she earns that praise.

What am I wrong about? She does retweet compliments. That is just a fact that anyone can verify by going to her twitter page. It's just my perception that she enjoys the spotlight. I could be wrong but typically I would not expect someone who dislikes attention to retweet mentions of herself on twitter.

That being said, I have absolutely no problem with it. I'm sure she's a great, hardworking, humble kid. Geno and Muffet wouldn't bother with her if she wasn't. I have always felt that there is nothing wrong with kids having fun with their notoriety. I've always thought it was silly that people want to criticize signing ceremonies and insists everyone should sign on the metaphorical car hood.

I just meant that all this hand-wringing over whether it is "creepy" to follow players' social media seems misplaced given that her (public) twitter profile makes it plain not only what she thinks but what everyone else thinks about her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What am I wrong about?
I just meant that all this hand-wringing over whether it is "creepy" to follow players' social media seems misplaced given that her (public) twitter profile makes it plain not only what she thinks but what everyone else thinks about her.
Even if your observation was 100% correct-that her twitter "seems" to make it plain... That would still be the judgment of a 17 year old girl. This is not the same judgment, standard or reasoning I would expect any adult to apply.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
At first I was sure she was going to ND... then for about a month I thought she was for sure UConn. Then some tweets by the Texas coaching staff made me thinks Texas may be more in play than I thought. Now I'm back to thinking she goes to ND.... I usually have a good feeling about recruits I think will come here and am right. This one is up in the air for me.

Reaction Score
Sorry....UVA's Out!!!!
As I like to say to everyone ---Never say never--until Megan actually commits UVa and U Vtech have a chance no matter how minute
With Kenny Brooks (former U James Madison) now Va Tech --he is the kind of coach kids love to play for.
However, I accept your --Not UVa--and keep wishing.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Has TonyC taken the summer off? The chum is in the water and it extends for miles. The last time I remember all this attention being paid a recruit it was for A'ja Wilson. We all know how that's working out. You can be a big fish or a big fish and a wearer of Nat'l Bling. I vote for number 2, how about you?
@Tonyc last chimed in on a ND recruit Mikayla Vaughn and owes us an update BTW.

Reaction Score
Even if your observation was 100% correct-that her twitter "seems" to make it plain... That would still be the judgment of a 17 year old girl. This is not the same judgment, standard or reasoning I would expect any adult to apply.
The apparent consensus of the Psychology groups is that Chillin's brains are still developing until almost age 30--apparently for some of us it goes on and on--so to expect "adult" /"mature (whatever that is)" decisions of that age group is demanding a lot--an interesting side note: that happens to be the age group usually selected to fight our wars--hmmmm>???
I'm one of whom adult decisions never seem to fill my feeble brain.

Reaction Score
Scratch the car ride to UVA -- Megan Walker now down to three schools: UConn, ND and Texas.
(I was just about to post this and CharlieBBall's entry popped up!)

While the Cavaliers were the hometown team of the group and Walker has identified academics as a factor, I was as always a bit leery of UVA's chances on this one given the ups and downs in Charlottesville hoops recently(In fact, I read a few pieces pondering Coach Boyle's security). Luckily, she's got some good recruits coming in this year and hope that will help.

Never say Never--hope springs eternal.
UVa needs a home grown talent. But with or without that talent John Paul Jones (not named after the Naval Hero) paid for by a Connecticut Resident--is the most comfortable seating with excellent views of the court and free easy in -easy out parking --Uconn should use that as the example of their next arena. Those hard --excessively hard "general admit seating" at Gampel goes a long way to keep older (Calhouns Gray Hord) fans sitting in front of their TV's.
Debby Ryan and some good years and some bad years and hung around long after Geno departed--Boyle needs time. Geno arrived in 87
8 years later a NC and he is the MASTER--give good coaches a chance there are no other Geno's waiting in the wings.

Reaction Score
I think she'd have to earn her minutes at UConn or ND but based on her ability I'm sure she would get significant playing time...not sure starting as a freshman is as important to most women as it is to the men who can turn pro after one season.......
Muffet tends to play Freshmen earlier than Geno--if Megan want "right away" PT anywhere other than Uconn would seem her choice.
If she wants NC's Uconn is the ONLY choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom