Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As I like to say to everyone ---Never say never--until Megan actually commits UVa and U Vtech have a chance no matter how minute
With Kenny Brooks (former U James Madison) now Va Tech --he is the kind of coach kids love to play for.
However, I accept your --Not UVa--and keep wishing.

I appreciate your sense of loyalty, no harm in hope!!! From what I can tell she seems to want to win championships as much as individual honors, so it is unlikely that she would choose UVA over the other three schools but ya never know!!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Just got word that the text I received was incorrect. She is transferring high schools. My apologies but I the text did not mention high school.

Reaction Score
At first I was sure she was going to ND... then for about a month I thought she was for sure UConn. Then some tweets by the Texas coaching staff made me thinks Texas may be more in play than I thought. Now I'm back to thinking she goes to ND.... I usually have a good feeling about recruits I think will come here and am right. This one is up in the air for me.

it is time to contact Carnac

th

Reaction Score
I appreciate your sense of loyalty, no harm in hope!!! From what I can tell she seems to want to win championships as much as individual honors, so it is unlikely that she would choose UVA over the other three schools but ya never know!!!
I was justifying my comment---if nothing else I am a realist

Charlie--I consider you one of the "good guy", no nitpicking. I was justifying my comment. However, I'm a realist : I know where my world began and where it ends and I realize that UVa has little to no chance with Megan Walker--fantasy is fun. I got into this over the Creepy comment--an opinion, all opinions are accepted--but not reality in the Boneyard world of postings on multitudes of potential recruits and their tweets and potentials for Uconn or ND or ULullyville or USC or even Duke--fantasy?
I do have hopes for the UVa program--I liked Debby--my favorite UVA game was when UConn played them at JPJ--a great venue. And Danny K gave me 1000000 bucks, a profitable game.

Reaction Score
There was a great bakery run by French Canadians--loads of French Canadian in that area--they made French Meat pies
Langolios (When a Canadian player of the same last name played on Seton Hall)--their other bakery product were great too.
Obviouly, I love the area including North Hampton. A great Civil War Monument for the Mass Soldiers who died in the Wilderness near Richmond. A small park nearby is named for a relative who was killed in WWII.

Obviouly I was referring to North Hadley or South Hadley and South and Northampton,Mass. Great Langlois Bakery is/was there

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@Orangutan & @Dillon77 FYI Maya Dodson recently cut here list down to a realistic 3 of ND, Stanford, TN.
Good luck with her I think she is nice player. Which is really my way of saying hopefully you get her and not Megan Walker.

Reaction Score
@Orangutan & @Dillon77 FYI Maya Dodson recently cut here list down to a realistic 3 of ND, Stanford, TN.
Good luck with her I think she is nice player. Which is really my way of saying hopefully you get her and not Megan Walker.

You would think that Dodson would want to make her decision quickly if she was going to pick ND

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Given the volume of VolNation chatter about her, it seems like Tenn. might be the favorite there.

ND is now on the short lists of so many good players that I'm confident the Irish will end up with a good class. ND is in Walker's top 3, Dodson's top 3, D. Patterson's top 4, Lauryn Miller's top 4, Chelsie Hall's top 3. And that's not even counting folks that haven't cut lists yet but we are still recruiting (e.g. Evina Westbrook).

Walker is obviously #1 on the wish list but Patterson is probably the biggest must-have in terms of need.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Given the volume of VolNation chatter about her, it seems like Tenn. might be the favorite there. ND is now on the short lists of so many good players that I'm confident the Irish will end up with a good class. ND is in Walker's top 3, Dodson's top 3, D. Patterson's top 4, Lauryn Miller's top 4, Chelsie Hall's top 3. And that's not even counting folks that haven't cut lists yet but we are still recruiting (e.g. Evina Westbrook).
If not ND for Dodson then I sincerely hope that it is Stanford. Her talents would surely be squandered in Orange.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
If not ND for Dodson then I sincerely hope that it is Stanford. Her talents would surely be squandered in Orange.

I finally got to watch some tape of Ms. Dodson and she looks very athletic to me, which comes in very handy on defense, rebounding and in transition. In that way she reminds me of Westbrook more so than Walker, who is the complete deal. However, I can also see her being on the floor when MM decides to go with one true big and four wings/guards.

Agree with Orangutan that Walker is the prize but Patterson might be the most essential. ND needs bigs -- Ms Vaughn is solid addition -- yet the Irish need another, and Patterson seems to be improving. Plus I like reports that she is a speedy big and runs the floor well, which is like our current center, Ms. Turner, and a flip-flop of Dodson.

I thought MM & staff were delaying the need for a second PG until 2018 until we all heard about Chelsie Hall's interest. But we've got to see if that is reciprocal.

Still think the goal are two solid "bigs" and a wing. And maybe one other. We'll see: the Walker & Patterson visits are closer than one thinks.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Tan interesting side note: that happens to be the age group usually selected to fight our wars--hmmmm>???
Less widows and orphans. And less consequences of actions thinking.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I thought MM & staff were delaying the need for a second PG until 2018 until we all heard about Chelsie Hall's interest. But we've got to see if that is reciprocal.

The report was that she's taking officials to those 3 schools. She's not coming on an official unless it's reciprocal. So I don't understand the skepticism on this.

It would be pretty ballsy to flat-out lie about interest from ND, especially when Niele is among her twitter followers.

Reaction Score
Any Tenn recruit has to assume that there's a good chance they will be playing for a new coach before they graduate..............seems like an unattractive option to me

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The report was that she's taking officials to those 3 schools. She's not coming on an official unless it's reciprocal. So I don't understand the skepticism on this.

It would be pretty ballsy to flat-out lie about interest from ND, especially when Niele is among her twitter followers.

Thanks for the information on the official visit. I'm on vacation at a pretty remote beach right now and internet access comes and goes.

By reciprocal, I really meant (and should've typed) "we'll see how it goes." I'm not just referring to postings of interest and/or scheduling of official visits, but right up to and through the visits. You find out things about "each other" and visits (do you really like the coach, the campus, the teammates? Given MM's love for take-charge point guards, is this a person she'll entrust the keys to?). I trust the ensuing steps in the recruitment process will lead to a good decision .

Also, consider my "skepticism" more of my views on the whole kit and kaboodle of recruiting in multiple sports. Having run a large soccer club for many years and having been the father of two youth lacrosse players, I've got a lot of reasons for being skeptical about recruiting processes...too many "can you believe this one" in the pockets.

All that said, I'm still keeping all eyes and ears open on next steps regarding Walker and Patterson. Back to the beach...rain has stopped!:cool:;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any Tenn recruit has to assume that there's a good chance they will be playing for a new coach before they graduate....seems like an unattractive option to me

Depends on how you look at it. There's also an abundance of playng time since they don't have any recruits.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Any Tenn recruit has to assume that there's a good chance they will be playing for a new coach before they graduate....seems like an unattractive option to me
More unattractive than playing for Warlick? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
More unattractive than playing for Warlick? :rolleyes:

that's not great either but at least you know what you're getting into...........who knows if the next coach will be any better!!

Reaction Score
Thanks for the information on the official visit. I'm on vacation at a pretty remote beach right now and internet access comes and goes.

Also, consider my "skepticism" more of my views on the whole kit and kaboodle of recruiting in multiple sports. Having run a large soccer club for many years and having been the father of two youth lacrosse players, I've got a lot of reasons for being skeptical about recruiting processes...too many "can you believe this one" in the pockets.

All that said, I'm still keeping all eyes and ears open on next steps regarding Walker and Patterson. Back to the beach...rain has stopped!:cool:;)

Rumor has it that MW doesn't like football, leprechauns or the color gold.....I think we got this...............:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, who has more pull--Lexi, Andi, Mikayla, Crystal, Lou, Napheesa, Gabby, Olympian Kia, and the Godfather, or Touchdown Jesus, the Leprechaun, and Miss Muffett? Geno will make her an offer she can't refuse.

thegodfather_1452836i.jpg

Reaction Score
Depends on how you look at it. There's also an abundance of playng time since they don't have any recruits.

It's a good news bad news situation.
The good news is that there's plenty of playing time available with the lady vols. The bad news is that your playing for the lady vols. PT, proximity and grades can be the ONLY reasons to choose Tennessee over Stanford or ND.
It CAN'T be for the basketball.

Reaction Score
I would think any recruit watching the Olympics would have to be impressed with the University of Connecticut.

First off leading the Canadian team after three games is Kia Nurse averaging 14.7 points per game. She has played 74 minutes, the most on the team. Tamara Tatham is next with 13.3 points at 73 minutes. Kia is not a starter on this team either... but is impressing many. Our Notre Dame friend Natalie Achonwa is averaging 4.7 ppg. (For those with a ND education that is 10 less) :)

For the US...

Diana Taurasi is averaging 17.7 ppg (1st), has 14 3's (DelleDonne is second on the team with 3)...
Stewie is averaging 13.7 ppg (2nd), has 17 steals (Maya has 7 for second place)
Tina Charles is averaging 11.0 ppg (4th), has 16 rebounds (second to Fowles who has 17... and 6 more than Griner)
Maya is averaging 9 ppg (7th) (Just wait until she gets going... she has been a defensive force out there) 14 rebounds, 10 assist, 7 steals...
Sue Bird is averaging 5.3 ppg ahead of Augustus and Catchings.... has 16 asssist leading the team. 5 steals....

And then do not forget Geno.....

Looking at these six Olympians and Geno.... and would be extremely honored if UCONN came to my door looking for me to play for them. I really would love to know if potential recruits think about these variables as well when deciding where to play....

Megan I have no doubt Geno will make you into an Olympian....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom