Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 36 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Nan's pinned thread, "Links to blogs, Board Rules, Official Site, Recruiting, etc" has 585,362 views, but "0" replies :p

Well, sure. But as I read the rules for the BY contained in that thread, questioning a mod's decision is a rules infraction. So, being the obedient and well-behaved sorts that we are (?), nobody is going to reply to that thread, right? It's just logimical.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she loves Texas... I wouldn't be surprised. How do you tell them now after all the twittering about them. #UConnGetNoLoveFromHerOnTwitter

Reaction Score
she loves Texas... I wouldn't be surprised. How do you tell them now after all the twittering about them. #UConnGetNoLoveFromHerOnTwitter

Saw that..................taking the easiest most "fashionable" route out of the three..............her choice..........just do it already!!!

Reaction Score
There's no other place on the planet where there's as much interest in the game, players, media coverage, tradition, etc than at Connecticut. Is there another state in which women's basketball players are among the state's most recognizable athletes? Players from other programs probably walk around their communities, go to the mall, etc in near complete anonymity. Contrast that to a UConn player. I think of the quote from the Sandlot - "heroes get remembered, but legends never die". Legends can only be made when people are interested and tuned in to watching. I mean, this thread has 30 pages! I mean, I'm sure it's fun to help make an off-off Broadway show come to life, but if you're in actor, wouldn't you want to star on Broadway?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
There's no other place on the planet where there's as much interest in the game, players, media coverage, tradition, etc than at Connecticut. Is there another state in which women's basketball players are among the state's most recognizable athletes? . . . I mean, I'm sure it's fun to help make an off-off Broadway show come to life, but if you're in actor, wouldn't you want to star on Broadway?

An appropriate reminder. The term "Off Broadway," as a theatrical designation, has little to do with geography but everything to do with theater size. The "Off Broadway" theaters are simply smaller (and may be situated right on 42nd Street).

By logical extension, "Off-Off-Broadway" theaters are very small, regardless of their site.

Thus, given the intensity of interest in our UConn Huskies, Storrs is the equivalent of Broadway and venues like South Bend, Waco, Durham and Austin are automatically relegated to Off Broadway status.:)

Reaction Score
An appropriate reminder. The term "Off Broadway," as a theatrical designation, has little to do with geography but everything to do with theater size. The "Off Broadway" theaters are simply smaller (and may be situated right on 42nd Street).

By logical extension, "Off-Off-Broadway" theaters are very small, regardless of their site.

Thus, given the intensity of interest in our UConn Huskies, Storrs is the equivalent of Broadway and venues like South Bend, Waco, Durham and Austin are automatically relegated to Off Broadway status.:)
They don't care about WBB in South Bend, Waco, and Austin. Those are football schools first and foremost.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
They don't care about WBB in South Bend, Waco, and Austin. Those are football schools first and foremost.

I agree with the second statement, though not so much the first.

Roughly 8500 care enough to show up for ND's home games. Most WNBA teams would love to have anywhere close to that kind of attendance.

Of course, UConn is much more visible, gets much more media coverage, so I accept the "Off Broadway" analogy. But at least ND is selling out their "Off Broadway" theater!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

They say the girls are something else on Broadway...

Reaction Score
If you are referring to Diallo he is far from a lock to go to UConn. Besides those claiming to be "experts" on the men's forum, just about every other recruiting analyst has Diallo as a Kentucky lean.
You still believe that after today's flurry of news on him? He is going to UConn and I believe he is playing the squid to make them as weak as possible. I love it. But I think squiddy is catching on.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
So, being the obedient and well-behaved sorts that we are (?), nobody is going to reply to that thread, right? It's just logimical.

I'm the complete opposite from obedient so after the post I went to try and add to that thread :p
But lo and behold I was "unauthorized" to reply! Wouldn't even give me a chance! Must be the reason why there are no replies haha

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've been saying Texas for awhile. Ever since her visit there in fact. That's my belief.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
They say the girls are something else on Broadway...

I'm there at least once a week. Looking at them just gives me the blues.

Reaction Score
You still believe that after today's flurry of news on him? He is going to UConn and I believe he is playing the squid to make them as weak as possible. I love it. But I think squiddy is catching on.

He may go to UConn, he may not, but if you think for a second that he is simply just leading Kentucky, and the Squid on, in hopes of them missing out on other recruits, you are reading way too much into it. Diallo could care less who goes where! He is most likely a one and done or at max he will be in whatever college he chooses 2 years.

Reaction Score
He may go to UConn, he may not, but if you think for a second that he is simply just leading Kentucky, and the Squid on, in hopes of them missing out on other recruits, you are reading way too much into it. Diallo could care less who goes where! He is most likely a one and done or at max he will be in whatever college he chooses 2 years.
I believe it is possible because the same insider that told me about Diallo also told me that this game happens more than most people would believe.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I've been saying Texas for awhile. Ever since her visit there in fact. That's my belief.
I would be surprised especially after all the public affection for them

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I'm guessing (I can't emphasize that strongly enough) that when she does announce her intentions, it will be on a weekday, not on Saturday or Sunday. I don't recall when most recruits announce their intentions.

I really haven't been paying attention or keeping track. So......if we don't hear anything by this evening, I don't expect an announcement over the next two days.

She may very well wait until Nov 9, as she said she may do. Question........Will we hear about it first from the school, as we did with Camara & Stevens, or from her on social media? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I would be surprised especially after all the public affection for them

If MW chooses Texas she can say she is blazing a new trail, I would say she is choosing the low pressure option...............Texas is just starting to have winning expectations but nothing like UConn or ND...........if they don't make it to the final four or her play is lackluster who really cares? The burden of potential greatness weighs heavily on the all UConn recruits but especially when it's the number one player in the country.........that's a weight that some players simply don't want to carry.............better to know that now rather then in a year or two.....................

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If MW chooses Texas she can say she is blazing a new trail, I would say she is choosing the low pressure option.....Texas is just starting to have winning expectations but nothing like UConn or ND......if they don't make it to the final four or her play is lackluster who really cares? The burden of potential greatness weighs heavily on the all UConn recruits but especially when it's the number one player in the country....that's a weight that some players simply don't want to carry...better to know that now rather then in a year or two......
that's why I appreciate players like Gabby, she's taking on all the pressure head on

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
of course MW just posted the UConn first practice video.....she's just not letting us off the hook!!!
Wow, that's the perfect video for a recruit to watch. #Gabby

Reaction Score
Been in Texas for a few years now. Son at A&M.
I haven't run into anyone who knows anything about college women's basketball, except that "UConn's pretty good."
Lived in Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Marcos and San Antonio.
Not a big reason to play in Texas.
My friends send me copies of ALL the newspapers in CT every season. FILLED with news about our team.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Been in Texas for a few years now. Son at A&M.
I haven't run into anyone who knows anything about college women's basketball, except that "UConn's pretty good."
Lived in Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Marcos and San Antonio.
Not a big reason to play in Texas.
My friends send me copies of ALL the newspapers in CT every season. FILLED with news about our team.

"The Lullaby of Broadway" ;)

Reaction Score
If MW chooses Texas she can say she is blazing a new trail, I would say she is choosing the low pressure option.....Texas is just starting to have winning expectations but nothing like UConn or ND......if they don't make it to the final four or her play is lackluster who really cares? The burden of potential greatness weighs heavily on the all UConn recruits but especially when it's the number one player in the country....that's a weight that some players simply don't want to carry...better to know that now rather then in a year or two......
A clarification is needed. Texas just starting to have winning expectations, UCONN having NC expectations and nd having FALSE NC expectations and realistic expectations of frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom