Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"This left Walker’s father, Keith Walker, to ask the hard-hitting questions.

On Walker’s official visits, her father asked Texas what the 2018 recruiting class looks like. He asked UConn where Walker figures on the depth chart. He asked Notre Dame how the Irish see the No. 1 and No. 2 recruits playing together on the same team."

I wonder if he would be interested in an assistant coaching job?:rolleyes:;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From Megan's mother:

“I want her to find a school that she will fit in at, a school that will treat her like family,” said Johnetta Walker, “and a school that will be supportive and allow her to follow her basketball dreams.”

Notre Dame and Texas are pretty good at those things, but no one is better than UConn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
MW has painted herself into a corner by being so public about this competition for her enrollment...while it might be fun to string along three programs and their fans, it really adds pressure when the decision isn't so clear cut and the clock is ticking ......I wonder if she would have done it differently if given another opportunity?

I can't imagine intrigued fans are a worry of hers. She seems legitimately conflicted. It's just that we know about it because she's been talking to the local press. Sounds like she's getting more pressure from her parents than anyone else. She doesn't have to decide until April.

Reaction Score
Just speculation but to me it sounds like she had pretty much decided on UConn but that both Texas and Notre Dame made great sales pitches and made her reconsider. However sales pitches lose their effectiveness in an inverse relationship to time. The more time that passes the more likely it is that she will revert to her initial pick. That's why a lot of schools press for a verbal during the visit and the ensuing days.

Reaction Score
Is she going to give a live stream announcement in her Facebook account?

Reaction Score
This is something no other school can offer: almost half of your games on national TV, and the other half on a NYC-based network. Not to mention the horde.
And lots UConn alumnas in the MNBA to support you.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is something no other school can offer: almost half of your games on national TV, and the other half on a NYC-based network. Not to mention the horde.
Megan's parents outside of Richmond and all her friends and family can watch virtually all of her games on TV or computer.

Between the horde and ESPN, Megan would get lots of publicity. How many ND or Texas sportswriters ventured to Colorado to watch and interview the teenagers playing for USA Basketball? Two members of the horde were there. The world as a UConn player is different.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Walker =Uconn
Westbrook = USC Trojans. Fight on!
I am still excitedly waiting the announcements

Calm down Doggie, I have. It may still be awhile according to reports (November 9 early signing period), before she commits. :oops:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
True, but it is up to me how much interest I have over her announcement, which at this point is none. Wake me up when it happens or not.
thanks for checkin' in and assisting with the view count.

our new goal is 100,000K since the announcement looks to be atleast 7 days away

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Where ever he is getting the info from he provided a full updated list of who is still considering who for 2017:
& he seems to respond to questions on twiiter if you want to ask. I'm one of the few millennials who is not good with social media.

you're doing a great job here... and your screenshot game looks strong on Twitter, good job

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Megan's parents outside of Richmond and all her friends and family can watch virtually all of her games on TV or computer.

Between the horde and ESPN, Megan would get lots of publicity. How many ND or Texas sportswriters ventured to Colorado to watch and interview the teenagers playing for USA Basketball? Two members of the horde were there. The world as a UConn player is different.
Ain't that the truth. Aside from better preparing you for your future professional life The UConn also best prepares you to face the media, and through the media is how you state and progress your brand. Aside from your on court achievements and personality of course.

Reaction Score
A similar but different scenario is unfolding on the men's side. Their top recruit is taking his time. I spoke with an insider who has consistently claimed the kid is definitely headed to UConn. I said it would be funny if the kid is being told to intentionally not commit so that the other teams (all evil) would miss out on their plan B players while they wait for this kid, who is everyone's plan A. I was told that I would be amazed at how common that actually is. Maybe that practice is spilling over to the women's side. If so, we are not the team doing it. We have always welcomed early commits by top players. My guess would be Texas, if it is happening in this case.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
It's must be painful to get the nerves up to say you're not coming to their school... tough job!

Reaction Score
This whole thread reads like a bunch of teenie-boppers twittering about a hot guy;
Do you know who Bobby likes?
Well, Jennifer told me that Gwen told her that he likes Cindy.
I don know. I saw him looking at Stef like maybe he liked her.
How could he like Stef, Stef is fat.
You just think she's fat cause she's got big . Anyway, I think maybe he likes you.
You are just pulling my chain. If he liked me he would say something.
Why don't you ask him who he likes?
Be real!
etc. ad nauseum. (the above translated into recognizable English for the benefit of Boneyarders.)
Got any bubble gum?? I gota fix my poodle skirt!!!

Reaction Score
It's must be painful to get the nerves up to say you're not coming to their school... tough job!

The toughest job of any recruit is to say Not Coming! Some of the less classy ones allow the media to make the announcement--and the non receiving coaches get to read it in the Boneyard.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
A similar but different scenario is unfolding on the men's side. Their top recruit is taking his time. I spoke with an insider who has consistently claimed the kid is definitely headed to UConn. I said it would be funny if the kid is being told to intentionally not commit so that the other teams (all evil) would miss out on their plan B players while they wait for this kid, who is everyone's plan A. I was told that I would be amazed at how common that actually is. Maybe that practice is spilling over to the women's side. If so, we are not the team doing it. We have always welcomed early commits by top players. My guess would be Texas, if it is happening in this case.
That's a pretty cynical thought, and I sincerely doubt that is happening here. UConn has no plan B so all it would do is hurt Notre Dame, and I cannot think of a reason why Karen Aston would consider such a malevolent strategy. How often do those two teams meet? If you were a recruit, how would you react to your coach-to-be behaving in such a manner? I would consider a different school.

Reaction Score

If you are referring to Diallo he is far from a lock to go to UConn. Besides those claiming to be "experts" on the men's forum, just about every other recruiting analyst has Diallo as a Kentucky lean.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I hope MW goes to first night, then makes a final decision.

YOU and everyone else connected with the UConn women's basketball program. THAT would be a first night we'd not soon forget. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom