Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 38 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
MW is simply waiting for the BY's views to reach 100,000 a record that will never be broken.
I agree... not a regular fan-started thread!

Reaction Score
You think someone at UConn will award season tickets to the (hold on!) 100,000 viewer of this thread?

Reaction Score
Well Evina Westbrook completed her last visit this weekend. I would expect announcements from her and Megan sometime this week.

Reaction Score
There was nothing to dispute because you weren't wrong. BUT, you stated facts without any understanding of why it is the way it is (I can tell because of your false allegation towards the end).

So I don't have a problem. Like you said, we only pay $75 for season tickets and $8 for general admission.

I pointed out facts as well. There's a reason your ticket prices are the way they are at Connecticut. Basketball is your prized sport.. it's how your athletic department makes money. That's not the case at South Carolina. Basketball is popular here but it's not the moneymaker.. it's still a niche sport for our fanbase.

You're dealing with a different fanbase here.. for example, baseball season tickets are more expensive at South Carolina than women's basketball season tickets are.. More often than not we actually make money off baseball at South Carolina. I'm sure that's not the case at Connecticut. That's how different our schools are.

I say all of this to illustrate that if basketball was the prize sport at South Carolina like it is at Connecticut then our season tickets would be similarly priced, our fanbase would have no problem paying for them and we'd have similar if not better attendance (contrary to what you originally stated)... after all, our football stadium seats 80,000, we average over 75,000 fans per game and we sell 50,000 football season tickets per year (at $350+ a piece, plus the seat donation/booster club membership fee).
I don't think that ALL your season ticket women's basketball would renew if they had to pay anywhere near what UConn women's basketball season ticket holders pay because I think that only a small portion of these fans have the PASSION that we have here in Storrs. I realize that is only conjecture but I'm inclined to think that a lot of them LIKE the success of their women's team but nowhere to the extent that rabid college football fans do and were the tickets five times more expensive, I think a great deal of them would defer. To pay top shelf prices for a sport where your passion level isn't robust doesn't happen, I believe.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well Evina Westbrook completed her last visit this weekend. I would expect announcements from her and Megan sometime this week.
We'll see is this is a coordinated thing. If so, it looks good for ND. :(

Reaction Score
We'll see is this is a coordinated thing. If so, it looks good for ND. :(
That is what I have feared. She said all along that she would announce by the end of September. That only changed after visiting ND with Westbrook

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That is what I have feared. She said all along that she would announce by the end of September. That only changed after visiting ND with Westbrook
That was my concern too, though Megan may legitimately be confused and undecided.

Evina should have seen some appeal at South Carolina and Maryland, so she may not be firm on ND.

We'll see in time.

Reaction Score

Did you read the story about Sabrina Ionescu that I posted earlier in this thread? She waited till the first day of Summer session to show up on campus without telling anybody...........now that's Chutzpah!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
That was my concern too, though Megan may legitimately be confused and undecided.

Evina should have seen some appeal at South Carolina and Maryland, so she may not be firm on ND.

We'll see in time.
Did Westbrook visit south Carolina?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I don't think that ALL your season ticket women's basketball would renew if they had to pay anywhere near what UConn women's basketball season ticket holders pay because I think that only a small portion of these fans have the PASSION that we have here in Storrs. I realize that is only conjecture but I'm inclined to think that a lot of them LIKE the success of their women's team but nowhere to the extent that rabid college football fans do and were the tickets five times more expensive, I think a great deal of them would defer. To pay top shelf prices for a sport where your passion level isn't robust doesn't happen, I believe.

That's exactly the point I was making. At UCONN, WBB isn't a niche sport so your athletic department can get premium prices from your fanbase. At South Carolina, while the popularity for it is growing, WBB is still a niche sport to our fanbase.. it would make zero sense for our athletic department to charge premium "Connecticut prices" for season tickets. WBB doesn't maintain the same level of popularity at both schools.. at UCONN it's a tier 1 sport, at South Carolina it's still a tier 2 sport but gaining fast. We pay premium prices for other sports like football (starting at $350+ a year and seat donation/booster club fee) and baseball (starting at $250+ a year and seat donation/booster fee).

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Did Westbrook visit south Carolina?

I don't think she has, only visitor we had on campus the weekend that Westbrook was supposed to visit was point guard Cara Ursin. It's possible she rescheduled because of Hurricane Matthew but at this point I wouldn't bet money that she intends to visit SC. Westbrook recently visited Oregon State so it's possible that she used SC's intended official visit slot to visit Oregon State or maybe she visited on her own dime like it was originally planned.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If Walker commits to another school and Collier and Brunelle commit to Uconn, do any of you think that would satisfy Uconn fans?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If Walker commits to another school and Collier and Brunelle commit to Uconn, do any of you think that would satisfy Uconn fans?
Satisfaction is subjective and of course nothing is guaranteed. This UCONN fan would be satisfied because Geno rarely loses when he has the horse to win NCs. Right now UCONN should be favored to win '18 Championship with or without Walker. If UCONN signs Collier to replace Butler (graduation) UCONN should also be the favorites to win again in '19. If UCONN adds Brunelle they still might not have enough "guard" power to win in '20.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Satisfaction is subjective and of course nothing is guaranteed. This UCONN fan would be satisfied because Geno rarely loses when he has the horse to win NCs. Right now UCONN should be favored to win '18 Championship with or without Walker. If UCONN signs Collier to replace Butler (graduation) UCONN should also be the favorites to win again in '19. If UCONN adds Brunelle they still might not have enough "guard" power to win in '20.
we should change your name to Carnac

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
it would certainly dull the pain.....;)
I'm at a Roger Waters concert, so I think the term is "Comfortably Numb."

We want ALL these kids, but we know we can't get all of them. If we don't get Megatron, then Charli, Sam, and Christyn would still put us in good shape.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
They would still have Dangerfield, Bent, Coombs, and Hunter. They may have C. Williams. That sounds like enough guard power to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny

Top Bottom