2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 47 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
State Championship@Alex_ballhard_ 8 hours ago · Florida
Very Blessed to Receive My 12th Offer From UCONN #Huskies

Alex Wilcox is a 6-0 285 lb DT from University Christian School in Jacksonville, Florida. 247 profile shows him as a Wofford commit in August. Others offers from Ball State, Buffalo, North Texas, Southern Miss, UTEP, Florida A&M, , Presbyterian, Shaw University, Tusculum and Robert Morris.
Senior Season Highlights

Decommitted from Wofford and reopened his recruitment on 12/14. Said to be waiting till NLI Signing Day in February to commit

Alex Wilcox@Alex_ballhard_1 hour ago
Check out my "Silencing My Doubters" highlights!
⚠️Silencing My Doubters ⚠️ (Highlights) - Alex Wilcox highlights

Alex Wilcox@Alex_ballhard_ 2 hours ago · Cookeville
Tennessee Tech Official Visit ♐️ Having A Blast ! #WingsUp #TechTuff @TnTechFootball

Reaction Score
I know it's the wrong side of the ball, but 'Nova has an RB commit from Northern Virginia (Damone Drew) who has offers from Illinois, Purdue, UVA. He apparently attempted to commit to 'Cuse this August and was rebuffed (Brooke Point football standout Damone Drew commits to Villanova). If Crocker has any relationship with him, he'd be a nice guy to flip.

Damone Drew on Hudl

Not being critical of you, but let me ask you a question. What do you think the odds are that a player from Virginia turned down an offer from UVA -- a real offer -- and decided he'd rather not play FBS ball and would go to 'Nova? I know it's possible, but what do you really think the odds of it are?

Many people here take information from a kids twitter account and recruiting sites in business to make money way too seriously. I don't think they are useless, but normally when information they are giving you doesn't make sense it's because the information was never accurate to begin with. And tons of coaches and players either can't tell the difference between interest and an offer or want to build themselves up by claiming interest is an offer.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not being critical of you, but let me ask you a question. What do you think the odds are that a player from Virginia turned down an offer from UVA -- a real offer -- and decided he'd rather not play FBS ball and would go to 'Nova? I know it's possible, but what do you really think the odds of it are?

Many people here take information from a kids twitter account and recruiting sites in business to make money way too seriously. I don't think they are useless, but normally when information they are giving you doesn't make sense it's because the information was never accurate to begin with. And tons of coaches and players either can't tell the difference between interest and an offer or want to build themselves up by claiming interest is an offer.

So do we disregard all offers listed online that don't suit our biases?

Reaction Score
So do we disregard all offers listed online that don't suit our biases?

I read this stuff as well -- I'm not criticizing you. But personally, would I post (as opposed to read) about a kid turning down Purdue and UVA because he wants to go to 'Nova? Not unless it was reported by real media. Because personally, my standard for repeating something is far greater than my standard for reading something. And if it doesn't make sense, I don't want my credibility to suffer for it.

Stair master -- again, this is not directed at you. You are not doing anything tons of folks don't. But I am asking whether you think about whether you believe something is likely before you repeat it as a fact. Because the repercussions of doing that go well beyond what any of us posts on the Boneyard.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I read this stuff as well -- I'm not criticizing you. But personally, would I post (as opposed to read) about a kid turning down Purdue and UVA because he wants to go to 'Nova? Not unless it was reported by real media. Because personally, my standard for repeating something is far greater than my standard for reading something. And if it doesn't make sense, I don't want my credibility to suffer for it.

I'm going off what is actually listed on these sites, rather than speculation and conjecture that "there's no way these offers could be legit." "Real media" is subjective, especially when it comes to recruitment. What is the standard? Local newspapers? Long-form articles on ESPN?

But I am asking whether you think about whether you believe something is likely before you repeat it as a fact. Because the repercussions of doing that go well beyond what any of us posts on the Boneyard.

I like and respect you a lot as a poster, but I could really do without the condescending life lessons. I'm also not following your extrapolation from me posting a recruit's offers in a way that doesn't meet your level of scrutiny to my judgement offline. Out of order, counselor.

Reaction Score
I'm going off what is actually listed on these sites, rather than speculation and conjecture that "there's no way these offers could be legit." "Real media" is subjective, especially when it comes to recruitment. What is the standard? Local newspapers? Long-form articles on ESPN?

I like and respect you a lot as a poster, but I could really do without the condescending life lessons. I'm also not following your extrapolation from me posting a recruit's offers in a way that doesn't meet your level of scrutiny to my judgement offline. Out of order, counselor.

Not going to fight you. As I said, you are not doing anything tons of others want.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Not going to fight you. As I said, you are not doing anything tons of others want.

If tons of others have issues with me posting in these threads, they can feel free to put me on ignore then.

Reaction Score
If tons of others have issues with me posting in these threads, they can feel free to put me on ignore then.

O.K., you are taking that way too personally. I'm not going to ignore you. I can't imagine why anyone would.

Reaction Score
Nolan Grooms@GroomsNolan 19 mins ago
Congrats to my boy on the UCONN offer!!!

Elliott Brown football 6-6 212lb WR from The Taft School in Watertown via CH Flowers High School in Springdale MD
Elliott Brown highlights

Aman on TOS reports that Brown will be visiting UConn next weekend. Both Jon Wholley and Chris DeBerry have been in contact and confirmed that UConn still has interest in Brown.

Reaction Score
Wonder who else is visiting the next 3 most crucial weekends.
Also looking fwd to seeing who, other than Omar Fortt, becomes an early enrollee for us. Gotta imagine we could very bring in a few kids for Spring semester with the new staff in play.

Reaction Score
Wonder who else is visiting the next 3 most crucial weekends.
Also looking fwd to seeing who, other than Omar Fortt, becomes an early enrollee for us. Gotta imagine we could very bring in a few kids for Spring semester with the new staff in play.
classes start Tuesday so I doubt anyone else is enrolling early

Reaction Score
classes start Tuesday so I doubt anyone else is enrolling early

Wonder whether we'll even know. Some years they do a press release announcing who on scholarship enters school in January, but other years they don't even tell us.

Reaction Score
Update later... on road.

Joshua Johnson (@KRJ_58)
1/15/17, 12:36 PM
The wait is over!!! A new era begins! Blessed to be committed to Georgia Southern university! Hail southern! pic.twitter.com/PazXhdCM7n

Reaction Score
2017 UConn Offer List:
  1. Aapri Washington (DB) – Southlake Christian Academy, Huntersville NC
  2. Jeffrey Hubbard (CB) - Woodward Academy, College Park GA (Colorado State Commit 7/18/16>Decommit 12/6/16)
  3. Rob Saulin (DE/TE) - Pennsville Memorial High School, Pennsville New Jersey (UConn Commit 4/16/16 > Decommit> Temple Commit 11/29/16>Decommit 1/6/17))
  4. Lester Axson Jr. (CB/WR) - Foundation Academy, Winter Haven, Florida
  5. Sandro Maxwell (TE/DE) - Berkley Prep High, Tampa Florida
  6. Zamari Maxwell (CB/Athlete) - Pinellas Park High School, Largo Florida
  7. Joshua Maize (DE) - Deerfield High School, Deerfield Illinois
  8. Noah Hamlin (WR/DB) - Clarion High School, Clarion PA
  9. Savon Cooper (LB) - Creekside High School, Fairburn GA
  10. Justus Harris (CB) - Roswell High School, Roswell, Georgia
  11. Dawson DeGroot (Safety/WR/Athlete) - Fort Myers High School, Fort Myers Florida
  12. Josh Thompson (WR/DB) - Garland High School, Garland Texas (BC Commit 9/12/16>Decommit)
  13. Jason Pinnock (CB/WR) - Windsor High School, Windsor CT (BC Commit 8/12/16>Decommit 1/5/16))
  14. Max Cummins - (DL) - All Saints Episcopal School, Ft Worth Texas (UConn Commit 12/11/16>Decommit 1/4/17)
  15. Johnathan Lovett (RB/SS) - Cherokee High School, Marlton New Jersey (Rutgers DeCommit 11/14/16)
  16. Michael Smith (WR) - Vero Beach High School, Vero Beach, Florida.
  17. Jordan Scott (Ath) - St Joseph Regional High School Montvale, New Jersey
  18. Owen Kessler (DE) - Westfield High School, Westfield New Jersey.
  19. Alex Wilcox (DT) - University Christian School, Jacksonville, Florida.(Wofford DeCommit 12/14/16)
  20. Darrian Beavers (Safety/WR) Colerain High School, Colerain Ohio
  21. Ibrahim Kante (DE) - Trinity-Pawling High School, Pawling New York via Cardinal Hayes, Bronx New York
  22. Zac Barnard (TE/DE) - Peddie School, Hightown New Jersey
  23. TJ Rayam (DT) Peddie School, Hightown New Jersey via Alabaster, Alabama
  24. Kesean Gamble (RB/MLB) Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy, Cincinnati Ohio.
  25. Samuel Laurent (WR/DB) - Xaverian Brothers High School, Westwood MA
  26. Sam Crawford (WR/DB - Rockwall High School, Rockwall Texas.
  27. Elliott Brown (WR) - The Taft School, Watertown via CH Flowers High School, Springdale MD
  28. Dymetri McKenzie (LB/RB) - North Broward Prep, Coconut Creek, Florida
  29. Octavian Williams (OT) - Lithonian High School, Lithonian GA
  30. Garrison Burnett (CB/DT QB) - Maret School, Washington DC (Edsall offer)
  31. Jordan McAfee (PS QB) - Everett High School, Everett MA (UConn Commit 4/2/16)
  32. Abiola Bebe Olaniyan (CB) - Woodberry Forest School, Woodberry Forest VA (UConn Commit 6/14/16)
  33. Ryan Dickens (LB/FB/LS) - Raritan High School, Hazlett New Jersey (UConn Commit 6/15/16)
  34. Ryan Fitton (TE/DE/P) - Staples High School, Westport CT (UConn Commit 7/4/16)
  35. Ian Swenson (CB) - Loyola Academy, Wilmette Illinois. (UConn Commit 7/22/16)
  36. Brian Keating (C/LS) - Darien High School, Darien CT. (UConn Commit 7/2016 - PWO)
  37. Jake Byczko (TE/OLB) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA (UConn Commit 7/27/16)
  38. Omar Fortt(DB/WR) - St Luke's School, New Canaan CT (UConn Commit 8/7/16)
  39. Dallas Hobbs (TE/DE) - Deerfield Academy via Washington High School Cedar Rapids Iowa (UConn Commit 12/11/16)
  40. James Tunstall (OL) - Lackey High School, Indian Head Maryland (UConn Commit 12/11/16)
  41. Ryan Van Demark (OL) - The Hun School, Princeton New Jersey (UConn Commit 12/12/16)
  42. Jordan Swan (CB) - St Francis Academy, Baltimore Maryland (UConn Commit 12/19/16)
  43. Stanley Hubbard III (OL) - St. John's College High School, Washington DC. (UConn Commit 12/19/16)
  44. Raheem Blackshear (WR/RB/DB) - Archbishop Woods High Scjhool, Warminster PA Temple Commit @ time of UConn offer)
  45. Cornell Jones (MLB) - Miami Central High School, Miami Florida (FIU Commit @ time of UConn offer)
  46. Caleb Thomas (DT) - Mansfield High School, Mansfield, TX (Nevda Commit @ time of UConn offer)
  47. Jeremiah Miller (WR/DB) - Sun Valley High School, Monroe North Carolina (Coastal Carolina Commit @ time of UConn offer)
  48. J.T. Cauthen (WR) - Cuthbertson High School, Waxhaw NC (UNC Commit 1/5/16)
  49. Jack Coan (PS QB) - Sayville High School, Sayville New York (Wisconsin Commit 3/24/16)
  50. A.J. Dillon (RB/LB) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA (Michigan Commit 3/28/17>Decommit 12/14/16>BC Commit)
  51. Tommy Christ (DE/T) - Dominion High School, Sterling VA (UVA Commit 4/2/16)
  52. Kasim Hill (PS QB) - Gilman High School, Baltimore MD (Maryland Commit 4/9/16)
  53. Brandon Sebastian (Ath) – West Haven HS/Cheshire Academy Cheshire CT (BC Commit 4/9/16
  54. Bo Melton ( WR/ATH) - Cedar Creek High School, Egg Harbor City, New Jersey (Rutgers Commit 4/15/16)
  55. Ben Mason (LB/FB) - Newtown High School, Newtown CT (Michigan Commit 5/7/16)
  56. Sam Vretman (OL) – Rocky Mountain HS Idaho/Cheshire Academy Cheshire CT (Rutgers Commit 5/16/16)
  57. Isaiah McDuffie (LB/RB) - Bennett High School, Buffalo New York (Syracuse Commit 7/20/15>Decommit> BC Commit 5/24/16)
  58. MJ Jarrell (WR) - Timber Creek High School, Orlando, Florida (Maryland Commit 6/2/16)
  59. Issac Hawn (OL) - St Charles North High School,Elgin Illinois (NIU Commit 6/3/16)
  60. Kenny Pickett (DT QB) - Ocean Twnshp High School, Oakhurst New Jersey (Temple Commit 4/9/16>Decommitt 5/16/16>Pitt Commit 6/4/16)
  61. Alexander Marshall (TE/DE) - Andover High School, Andover MA (FSU Commit 6/4/16)
  62. Darian Street (WR/CB) - Liberty High School, Bethlehem PA (Pitt Commit 6/6/16)
  63. Zachariah Burton (DB/WR) - William Penn High School, New Castle Delaware (UVA Commit 6/12/16)
  64. Ethan Wiederkehr (DE/TE) - Shoreham Wading River High School, Shoreham NY (Northwestern Commit 6/13/16)
  65. Collin Smith (QB/RB/Safety/Athlete) - Ligonier Valley High School, Ligonier, PA (WVA Commit 6/14/16)
  66. Marcus Valdez (DE) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey, New Jersey (BC Commit 6/22/16)
  67. Cody Lamb (OL) - Miamisburg High School, Miamisburg Ohio (Cincinnati Commit 6/22/16)
  68. Robert Topps III (CB) - Marist High School, Chicago Ill. (Kansas Commit 6/22/16)
  69. Dakota Davis (OL) - Gleneig High School, Gleneig Maryland (Syracuse Commit 6/24/16)
  70. Andrew Stueber (OL) - Darien High School, Darien CT (Michigan Commit 6/25/16)
  71. Cameron Jordan (WR/DB) - Hills West High School, Dix Hills NY (Syracuse Commit 6/26/16)
  72. Matt Hankins ( CB) - Marcus High School, Flower Mound Texas (Iowa Commit 6/27/16)
  73. Olakunle Fatukasi (OLB) - Grant Street Campus School, Brooklyn, NY (Rutgers Commit 6/28/16)
  74. Rob King (Safety/QB/Athlete) - Father Judge High School, Philadelphia PA. (Temple Commit 7/1/16)
  75. Ifeatu Melifonwu (WR/CB) - Grafton High School, Grafton MA.(Syracuse Commit 7/2/16)
  76. Kameron Jones (LB) - Peachtree Ridge High School, Suwanee, GA (Louisville Commit 7/3/16)
  77. Deon Jones (CB) – Archbishop Carrol High School, Washington DC (Maryland Commit 7/6/16)
  78. D. Major Roman (TE/LB) – New London High School, New London CT (Yale Commit (7/7/16)
  79. C.J. Holmes (RB/CB) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Notre Dame Commit 7/8/16)
  80. Darius Corbett (WR/CB) - Tampa Catholic High School, Tampa Florida (Toledo Commit 7/9/16)
  81. Mike Tverdov (DE) - Union High School, Union NJ (Rutgers Commit 7/13/16)
  82. Russell Thompson-Bishop (WR/QB/SS) - Bloomfield High School, Bloomfield CT (Syracuse Commit 7/21/16)
  83. Jeremiah Stafford (OL) - North Marion High School , Citra, Florida (USF Commit 7/24/16)
  84. Markus Vinson (DB/RB) - Damascus High School, Damascus Maryland (Richmond Commit 7/25/16)
  85. Mason Cholewa (DE/DT) - Montour High School, McKees Rock PA (UCF Commit 7/27/16)
  86. Thabo Mwaniki (Athlete) - Guyer High School, Denton Texas (OK State Commit 7/30/16)
  87. Aaron Hackett (TE) - Venice High School, Venice Florida (Syracuse Commit 7/31/16)
  88. Curtis Harper ( DT/G) - McKeesport High School, McKeesport PA (Syracuse Commit 8/1/16)
  89. Max Fisher (WR) - Gonzaga High School, Washington DC. (NC State Commit 8/2/16)
  90. Grant Donaldson (LB/FB/P) - DeMatha Catholic High School. Annapolis, Maryland (Air Force Commit 8/5/16)
  91. Dan Sichterman (DE/OLB) - Kings High School, Kings Mill, Ohio (Ball State Commit 8/9/16 > Decommit/Iowas State Commit 10/30/16)
  92. Hunter Long (TE) - Deerfield Academy via Exeter High School, Exeter New Hampshire (BC Commit 8/13/16)
  93. Trevon Grimes (WR) – St. Thomas Aquinas, Ft Lauderdale Florida (OSU Commit 8/22/16)
  94. Diego Fagot (LB) - Calvary Christian Academy, Fort Lauderdale, Florida (Navy Commit 9/11/16)
  95. Erik Mueller (LB/FB) - Wheaton North High School, Wheaton Illinois (Northwestern Commit 9/17/16)
  96. Carter Warren (OT) - Passaic County Tech Institute, Wayne New Jersey (Pitt Commit 10/8/16)
  97. Ted Field (OL) - The Salisbury School CT via Glen Mill PA. (Georgia Southern Commit 12/3/16)
  98. Tarik Black (WR) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Michigan Commit 12/14/16)
  99. Isaiah Wilson (OL) Brooklyn Poly Prep, Brooklyn, NY (UGA Commit 12/16/16)
  100. Jahmin Muse (Ath/WR/S) - Elizabeth High School, Elizabeth, NJ (BC Commit 12/17/16)
  101. C.J. Lewis (DT QB) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Tennessee Commit 7/23/16>Decommit 11/22/16>BC Commit 12/25/16)
  102. DJ Edwards (WR) - Palm Beach Lakes High School, West Palm Beach Florida (Purdue Commit 12/31/16)
  103. Markquese Bell (WR/FS) - Bridgeton High School, Bridgeton New Jersey (Maryland Commit 1/1/17)
  104. Joshua Johnson (DE) - Peachtree Ridge High School - Suwanee Georgia (Georgia Southern Commit 1/15/17)
  105. Brendan Devera (LB/QB) - Wayne Hills High School, Wayne NJ. (UNH DeCommit 12/19/16>Delaware Commit 1/15/17)
  106. Liam Fornadel (OL) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey New Jersey (James Madison Commit 1/15/17)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Looks like Lashlee is poaching for another DT QB out there. Just took a quick peak at his follows on Twitter.
FINALLY. Don't think this guy's playing around.

I'm incompetent on twitter - can you be more specific?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think Ktuck is referring to DT QB Ryan Glover. Former Colorado State commit. Other interesting players Lashlee has followed on Twitter recently include CJ Lewis, AJ Dillon, Dwayne Lawson(another QB/Illinois commit), and Stone Smartt(another QB).

Exciting Stuff. Glover has a great arm. Hits runners in stride, ball flys out of his hands easy.
http://247sports.com/Player/Ryan-Glover-82718

Reaction Score
Número Uno ‏@SamuelLaurent19 1h1 hour ago
All Glory to God, that I'm able to say that I have received my second full scholarships offer from the University of Connecticut. #GoHuskies

Samuel Laurent is a 6-3 175lb WR/DB from Xaverian Brothers High School in Westwood MA (Same Division as Jordan McAfee - Everett beat Xaverian for State title). Other offers from Holy Cross and Colgate.
Samuel Laurent highlights (short season secondary to injury)

Now dem some hops...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog