2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 46 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Before UConn hiring Lashlee, would you have thought he would come to UConn excepting the same position as OC with a 250k pay cut???? Lashlee has full control of the offense and I'm sure he has some kids in mind he would like to bring in. I don't think he will bring in a 5* player, BUT it's not far fetched.

Lashlee will not have full control of the offense. Edsall will be closely involved. 4* and 5* recruits are not coming here.

This looks like a great hire, but let's keep our heads.

Reaction Score
Lashlee will not have full control of the offense. Edsall will be closely involved. 4* and 5* recruits are not coming here.

"Auburn coach Gus Malzhan is hands-on with the offense and it wasn't until early this past season that he handed play-calling duties to Lashlee, who will have full control of the offense and play-calling duties immediately at UConn. He's taking a significant pay cut — $600,000 to $350,000 — for the opportunity to run his own show. Success here will raise his profile as a potential future head coach."

UConn Football: Get To Know Rhett Lashlee, Huskies' New OC

Reaction Score

Again not far fetched.

Reaction Score

Coach Jon Wholley ‏@JonathanWholley 3m 3 minutes ago
Good first day back recruiting at my alma mater! Looking forward to celebrate bowl game victories again!#ThrowbackThursday
20.jpg

Reaction Score

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Garrison Burnett@___nosirrag6 mins ago
Been blessed to say that I have received an offer from UConn!! #GoHuskies #GloryBeToGod

Garrison Burnett is a 6-0 190lb CB/DT QB from the Maret School in Washington DC. Other offer from Army, Navy, Air Force, Wofford and Stony Brook.
Garrison Burnett highlights

As a QB and a DB, Maret’s Garrison Burnett is proving he can make and break big plays

If the military schools want him, he's probably a good find for several reasons.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Terry Richardson's putting in work in the DMV. Any idea whether he'd play QB or CB for us?

Reaction Score

You are probably right about the 4/5 star recruits. I'm betting you could not be more wrong about Randy having much input on the offense.

Randy will be very happy with Lashlee and his run focused offense. It will more than likely come in an up tempo, spread/read type offense, but Randy likes run and he knew coming in that the OC was going to have free reign.

Not sure you could get many people to agree with you opinion.

Reaction Score
You are probably right about the 4/5 star recruits. I'm betting you could not be more wrong about Randy having much input on the offense.

Randy will be very happy with Lashlee and his run focused offense. It will more than likely come in an up tempo, spread/read type offense, but Randy likes run and he knew coming in that the OC was going to have free reign.

Not sure you could get many people to agree with you opinion.

We can try to define "full control", but my point is that HCRE was a very hands on coach. I see him being very involved in the offense. I doubt his spots have changed that completely.

Reaction Score
We can try to define "full control", but my point is that HCRE was a very hands on coach. I see him being very involved in the offense. I doubt his spots have changed that completely.
He's also getting older and talked about the need to be more flexible at his rehired press conference. I could definitely see Edsall taking a more hands off approach. Times have changed since he left, need to bring people back in the stadium.

Reaction Score
Jeremiah Miller ‏@JMiller005 32m 32 minutes ago
Blessed to receive an offer from UCONN!!! #Huskies @MClarkScout @UCNCFootball @UCHOOPS @WayneLineburg @UConnHuskies

Jeremiah Miller is a 6-2 170lb WR/DB from Sun Valley High School in Monroe North Carolina. Currently a Coastal Carolina commit. Other offers from Miami-Ohio, ODU, Appalachian State. Charlotte, East Tennessee, Charleston Southern, Elon, Liberty and Furman

Senior Year Highlights Jeremiah Miller

Jeremiah Miller ‏@JMiller005 12m 12 minutes ago
Coastal Official this weekend!

Reaction Score
KM. (@artofkm)
12/22/16, 2:46 PM
I Will be taking an official visit to the University of Connecticut January 27-29. #huskies

Joe Parello ‏@HerewegoJoe 13m 13 minutes ago
UConn sent a coach to @SHRHS_Football to meet with Kevin Mensah (@OheneKM) today. Here's a quick recruiting update.

UConn Visits Kevin Mensah

>>The elder Edsall, who originally coached the Huskies from 1998 to 2010, and again became UConn's head coach last month, followed up with Mensah in late December to let him know UConn is still interested. The head coach and Mensah scheduled an official visit to Storrs for the weekend of January 28th, and the younger Edsall made the trip to Dudley to chat with Mensah today.

"Coach (Corey) Edsall said he just got the chance to watch my film today, and he said he loved it," Mensah said. "I'm really excited to get out to UConn."

Though the Huskies have yet to offer, Mensah said the new staff has been pursuing him hard, and that he had a scheduled phone call with new UConn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee coming up tonight. UConn joins Bryant, who has already offered, Michigan, who has offered Mensah an invited walk-on spot, and Elon University as the school's pursuing Mensah the hardest, though Boston College, New Hampshire, Wagner and a number of other schools are still involved.<<

Reaction Score
EDGYTIM.com ‏@EDGYTIM 8m 4 mins ago
Deerfield 2017 3star DE @MaizeJoshua Josh Maize recaps #UConn visit and discusses what’s next

>>Maize recaps his official visit impressions and much more in this latest recruiting update.. "I had a great visit" Maize said. "Outside of the weather and some flight delays it was a terrific visit and experience for myself and my Mom and Dad at at UConn."

Maize discussed what stood out for him on his weekend official visit. "I was able to hang out with the players at UConn and they really talked about the program and the future of the program. They are coming off a losing season and the players all are on the same page. The players are very honest and straight forward guys and it was huge to just to get to know them better. I also really enjoyed talking more in depth with the coaches at UConn. They are recruiting me as a hybrid type of outside linebacker/rush defensive end and that fits my overall game and skill set very well."

Maize also came away impressed with the campus and the facilities at UConn. "It was cold but it was also a beautiful campus. It's also a huge school and the facilities and everything seems to be top notch. We also got treated great all weekend long at UConn. I ate very well all weekend long and the hospitality overall was terrific." So how would Maize rate his visit overall on a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being the highest)? "I'd say it was an 8 overall. The only reason it was an 8 was because of the weather. I had to cut the visit a little short because of the weather delays outside of that everything else was great."<<

>>Will Maize take any other official visits? "I don't have anything set up just yet. It's going to be hard for me to fit in visits. I'm playing in the Blue/Gray All Star game and also the Team USA game so that will take up two weekends in January. That leaves me two open weekends in January and one of those are in the dead period. I'm considering some mid-week official visits so I'm going to sit down and sort everything out soon."<<

Blue-Grey Football ‏@BlueGreyFB 2m 2 minutes ago
Big 10 Conference target Joshua Maize (@MaizeJoshua) held his own at today's practice for the #BlueGreyFootball All-American Bowl.

Reaction Score
Joe Parello ‏@HerewegoJoe 13m 13 minutes ago
UConn sent a coach to @SHRHS_Football to meet with Kevin Mensah (@OheneKM) today. Here's a quick recruiting update.

UConn Visits Kevin Mensah

>>The elder Edsall, who originally coached the Huskies from 1998 to 2010, and again became UConn's head coach last month, followed up with Mensah in late December to let him know UConn is still interested. The head coach and Mensah scheduled an official visit to Storrs for the weekend of January 28th, and the younger Edsall made the trip to Dudley to chat with Mensah today.

"Coach (Corey) Edsall said he just got the chance to watch my film today, and he said he loved it," Mensah said. "I'm really excited to get out to UConn."

Though the Huskies have yet to offer, Mensah said the new staff has been pursuing him hard, and that he had a scheduled phone call with new UConn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee coming up tonight. UConn joins Bryant, who has already offered, Michigan, who has offered Mensah an invited walk-on spot, and Elon University as the school's pursuing Mensah the hardest, though Boston College, New Hampshire, Wagner and a number of other schools are still involved.<<

Kevin Mensah ‏@OheneKM 2m 2 minutes ago
Great talk with Coach Edsall and Coach Lashlee from uconn today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom