2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 48 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jason@Jason_Pinnock
Flight booked for official to Pitt next weekend ✈️ #H2P?

Jason ‏@Jason_Pinnock Jan 14
Pitt Official visit coming to an end

Pinnock Discusses Official Visit

>>Pinnock continues to have interest from Tennessee, Purdue, Notre Dame and Iowa State. Purdue will have an in-home visit with him tomorrow morning. “I will decide what to do this week. There’s a chance I may cancel any future visits. We’ll see how it goes. I was really impressed with Pitt.”<<

Geez, I wonder who from Purdue? :confused:

Reaction Score
Illinois is a garbage P5 program and we have beaten them for a few guys the past few years, it's not a total stretch to flip him.
He looks like Cam Newton in those JC highlights. I think we might now have coach on staff who can sell that angle with some authority on the subject

He was also recruited by Auburn. Not sure if Lashlee was his recruiter, but if he was, I hope he can sway him to commit here.

Reaction Score
it's not a total stretch to flip him.
He looks like Cam Newton in those JC highlights. I think we might now have coach on staff who can sell that angle with some authority on the subject
We need him more than Illinois. Imo

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Well that's tough, but I trust the new staff has good reason to change direction. And hopefully one of those reasons would be just better talent is available.

Reaction Score
I think it might be Ryan Dickens who committed June 15th. That's too bad if true

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think it might be Ryan Dickens who committed June 15th. That's too bad if true
If it is, that's tough. However, I keep playing around with our 10 remaining scholarship spots (and with some spring attrition that becomes 13 slots) and when I do, I feel like we need about 15 more dudes. If we have strictly 10 spaces left, then in my opinion those ten spaces should go 2 to QB, 2 to RB, 2 OL, 2 DL, 1 WR and 1 MLB. But I would prefer we found a way to bring in another S, another WR, another LB and another OL to bring us to 14. And I really would like to see the next two OL slots allocated as one grad transfer and one JUCO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it might be Ryan Dickens who committed June 15th.

Believe so...

Old Twitter profile: Raritan '17 |Football LB| State Champ| UConn '21 Football Commit

New Twitter profile: Raritan '17 |Football LB| State Champ| and his pinned announcement tweet is gone.

I'm gonna wait a bit before adjusting list.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So according to our best stalking information on twitter in addition to McAfee we are targeting:

Ryan Glover: (visited Minnesota in the fall under the old coaching regime) <--I think this is our best shot - and I noticed he started following RH. This kid also claims a UPenn offer. I think this is the one to get.
Stone Smartt: CA kid. Seems on par with McAfee in skills <--maybe that is an over generalization
Dwayne Larson: Highest rated of the four - on 12/5 he committed to Illinois. RH will need some magic to pull this kid in.
Nick Tronti: FL kid <--looks like Bryant Sheriffs in many respects - likes to run and lowers his shoulder for extra yardage....not a big arm.

Reaction Score
Well that's tough, but I trust the new staff has good reason to change direction. And hopefully one of those reasons would be just better talent is available.

It is tough. Unfortunately, it's also NCAA rules. The rule is no one is bound until signing day, and you take anyone's verbal commitments prior to signing day -- either school's or player's -- at your own risk.

When Edsall left after the Fiesta Bowl, our AD and Hank HUghes immediately communicated to all recruits that their offers made by Edsall would be recognized by the new regime, and when PP took over he had to agree to that. That, clearly, is the morally right thing to do.

But I recognize that many here are so desperate for winning that we may be willing to look the other way here and there. And that includes me.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If Crocker likes to play 3-3-5 then I would think that would be attractive to Dawson DeGroot who took an official with us in December.

Reaction Score
@Medic Do you think we still have a shot at Romello Martin? According to ESPN he's considering UConn among others.

College Football Recruiting Schools - ESPN
Not sure... he was initially offered back in 2015. Some sites have him holding an offer and other sites don't.
Romello Martin is not showing on any of the sites (ESPN, 247, Rivals or Scout) has holding a UConn offer. It was initially reported by a Rivals affiliated Twitter account. I'm taking him off list for now.
It appears that ESPN and Rivals have him w/ an offer and 247 and Scout don't.

Did some sniffing and found this from a few days ago: "South Carolina has moved on from three-star defensive tackle Romello Martin for academic reasons." -- needs to retake SATs.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Brendan De Vera committed to Delaware yesterday.

Interesting - so Crocker is clearly at work in changing the direction of recruiting on Defense. DeVera seemed destine to be a husky under Diaco.

So I wonder what he is looking for.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Believe so...

Old Twitter profile: Raritan '17 |Football LB| State Champ| UConn '21 Football Commit

New Twitter profile: Raritan '17 |Football LB| State Champ| and his pinned announcement tweet is gone.

I'm gonna wait a bit before adjusting list.

If true, I don't like this at all. Yeah, a coaching staff can make the determination that they want to go in another direction for talent, but our former coaching staff made the offer as proxies for the University of Connecticut. I'm sure the letterhead didn't just say "Diaco and Friends". It said UCONN.

Not offering a kid is one thing. Going back on an accepted offer is altogether a different thing, in my opinion. And this young man may not have been searching for an alternative for months and perhaps passed on other viable alternatives in order to stay committed. If this is true, talk about stealing away a kid's dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom