2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 45 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I would think that Lashlee will be reaching out to a few recruits that he has talked too but Auburn wouldn't offer or couldn't.

Reaction Score
I would think that Lashlee will be reaching out to a few recruits that he has talked too but Auburn wouldn't offer or couldn't.

Also following Torrance Gibson, who is most likely transferring out of OSU

Reaction Score
Also id keep an eye on John Franklin the Auburn QB from Last Chance U. There were rumors during the season of him transferring and on last chance u he seemed to really like Lashlee

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
He comes with baggage after being suspended for the yr

I wouldnt be so sure about that, I checked into it. he was suspended for a semester by the school for rules violation so he decided to leave OSU when they wouldn't reinstate him and according to Meyer it had nothing to do with the football team or the athletic department and it wasn't punishment fitting the crime so to say. either way if he wants to come here by all means, at least kick the tires anyway.

Reaction Score
I wouldnt be so sure about that, I checked into it. he was suspended for a semester by the school for rules violation so he decided to leave OSU when they wouldn't reinstate him and according to Meyer it had nothing to do with the football team or the athletic department and it wasn't punishment fitting the crime so to say. either way if he wants to come here by all means, at least kick the tires anyway.

He harassed a tutor

Reaction Score
Not to mention he had trouble with grades I'd say pass

He was the 75th rated overall recruit and 6th rated overall athlete in the 2015 class. He would be far and away the most highly regarded offensive recruit ever to enroll at UConn if he committed. I think we can find him some suitable help for his grades and I trust Randy to keep him in line.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Do kids taking free helicopter rides need to take the flight's pro-rata cost as misc income like rich folk as supposed to do when sharing a private flight? Watch out for Temple sending 1099s.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He was the 75th rated overall recruit and 6th rated overall athlete in the 2015 class. He would be far and away the most highly regarded offensive recruit ever to enroll at UConn if he committed. I think we can find him some suitable help for his grades and I trust Randy to keep him in line.
Have you watched his HUDL tape? Great player, but not sure where he fits on the field. He is a WR conversion project for his height and athleticism. As a QB I thought the Tronti kid we just started tracking and McAfee's full senior tape should more.

Reaction Score
If Torrance Gibson wants to come to UConn and we turn him down then we are truly idiots
Moot point - Torrance Gibson will play football in Ohio in 2017, but not for Buckeyes

Reaction Score
Uh oh

We should expect to lose a few - they committed to BD as much as UConn. For all we know, RE told him he was free to look around. We need a lot of help, but if there is one thing we seem to have a lot of it is 6'5 - 6'6 245 lb hybrids.

It'll be interesting to see if HCRE reinstitutes the "you take a visit, I rescind your offer" policy

Reaction Score
We should expect to lose a few - they committed to BD as much as UConn. For all we know, RE told him he was free to look around. We need a lot of help, but if there is one thing we seem to have a lot of it is 6'5 - 6'6 245 lb hybrids.

It'll be interesting to see if HCRE reinstitutes the "you take a visit, I rescind your offer" policy

To be clear, that was only for those who accepted and had HCRE actually holding a spot for them. In effect, Edsall believed that a verbal should be treated as binding by both sides, notwithstanding the NCAA rules that make clear that they are not binding and should not be relied upon by either side.

Who knows what he does going forward, but I'm sure he's not applying his rules to Diaco's recruits.

Reaction Score
cant say this enough, I LOVE this hire but flipping a 5star to come here would be a toughhhhhh ask. some 3s and maybe a 4 would be fantastic.

Before UConn hiring Lashlee, would you have thought he would come to UConn excepting the same position as OC with a 250k pay cut???? Lashlee has full control of the offense and I'm sure he has some kids in mind he would like to bring in. I don't think he will bring in a 5* player, BUT it's not far fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom