2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 49 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting - so Crocker is clearly at work in changing the direction of recruiting on Defense. DeVera seemed destine to be a husky under Diaco.

So I wonder what he is looking for.

I figured he was gone after this...

Brendan Devera® ‏@BrendanDevera Jan 6
Ayyyy the homies!
20.jpg

Brendan Devera® ‏@BrendanDevera Jan 11
Can't wait for this official visit Friday at Delaware...it's about to be littttt!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I see Crocker is also following this senior - OT Paul Meduri. 6'1'' 275 OT that would probably switch to guard at our level. Thickly built, he seems to have good mobility and strength.

Paul Meduri on Hudl

Reaction Score
I see Crocker is also following this senior - OT Paul Meduri. 6'1'' 275 OT that would probably switch to guard at our level. Thickly built, he seems to have good mobility and strength.

Paul Meduri on Hudl

6'1 is extremely short for a FBS OL.. could he be recruited as a long snapper?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
6'1 is extremely short for a FBS OL.. could he be recruited as a long snapper?
Doubt it for LS - but hey - who knows. I do have full faith in this new staff. Let's see what happens.

Reaction Score
If true, I don't like this at all. Yeah, a coaching staff can make the determination that they want to go in another direction for talent, but our former coaching staff made the offer as proxies for the University of Connecticut. I'm sure the letterhead didn't just say "Diaco and Friends". It said UCONN.

Not offering a kid is one thing. Going back on an accepted offer is altogether a different thing, in my opinion. And this young man may not have been searching for an alternative for months and perhaps passed on other viable alternatives in order to stay committed. If this is true, talk about stealing away a kid's dream...

While I am generally opposed to this approach, I am hopeful that we will start recruiting 1A talent. We've commiserated for too long that we were recruiting kids who's 2d best option was an FCS program. I hope this kid thrives at a school like UD, but right now we need to focus on recruiting kids who can contribute on the field and lead us back to wins and bowls.

Reaction Score

Paul Meduri on Hudl

Some of these 'follows" are probably old "follows" as well. (Noticed he doesn't hold a Nova offer).

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If true, I don't like this at all. Yeah, a coaching staff can make the determination that they want to go in another direction for talent, but our former coaching staff made the offer as proxies for the University of Connecticut. I'm sure the letterhead didn't just say "Diaco and Friends". It said UCONN.

Not offering a kid is one thing. Going back on an accepted offer is altogether a different thing, in my opinion. And this young man may not have been searching for an alternative for months and perhaps passed on other viable alternatives in order to stay committed. If this is true, talk about stealing away a kid's dream...

I'd be very surprised if Edsall & Co. just straight-out pulled a previous UConn offer. That was never Randy's style before and I don't think he would change now. What this could be though is HCRE having a frank discussion with the kid that he may not be an ideal fit for our new coach's system. Therefore, he may want to consider other options better suited to him, though I'm sure Edsall would still honor the commitment if the kid decided he still wanted to attend UConn.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'd be very surprised if Edsall & Co. just straight-out pulled a previous UConn offer. That was never Randy's style before and I don't think he would change now. What this could be though is HCRE having a frank discussion with the kid that he may not be an ideal fit for our new coach's system. Therefore, he may want to consider other options better suited to him, though I'm sure Edsall would still honor the commitment if the kid decided he still wanted to attend UConn.

If that were the case, what would have prompted former coach Brown's tweet? That tweet had the feel of someone who was contacted by a former recruit and told a different story than the one you're offering.

Nobody on this board is more excited than me about the coaching staff and the future direction for us. But there are some things that shouldn't be done along the way IMO, and this is one of them...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If that were the case, what would have prompted former coach Brown's tweet? That tweet had the feel of someone who was contacted by a former recruit and told a different story than the one you're offering.

Nobody on this board is more excited than me about the coaching staff and the future direction for us. But there are some things that shouldn't be done along the way IMO, and this is one of them...
Well we don't know the full story as of now. You could be right...but that would also mean that a leopard has changed his spots. Having a coach talk to a kid and letting him know that we're likely not his best option anymore, that he may want to reconsider his commitment, is a lot different than just pulling an offer. FCVB may choose to look at it differently however...thus his tweet.

Reaction Score
I get why we're pulling offers or telling kids that there's not a very good chance that they'll play here, but I do hope we have some guys to replace them.
Jmick, I would think we might have an expanded opportunity with a new coaching staff who had pre-existing contacts and know the landscape each are bringing.
I am hoping to see potentials surface from previous recruiting trails from likes of Auburn, Cincinnati, Villanova, College of Charleston, etc....
Would like to think positive that for every door closing, new ones open up....

Have to think Auburn is 3 to 4 deep on the OL.... would love to see people who don't want to be buried on a depth chart.

Reaction Score
Jason ‏@Jason_Pinnock Jan 14
Pitt Official visit coming to an end

Pinnock Discusses Official Visit

>>Pinnock continues to have interest from Tennessee, Purdue, Notre Dame and Iowa State. Purdue will have an in-home visit with him tomorrow morning. “I will decide what to do this week. There’s a chance I may cancel any future visits. We’ll see how it goes. I was really impressed with Pitt.”<<

Geez, I wonder who from Purdue? :confused:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Glad the new staff is staying on him. Blackshear would be a great get.

His tape reminds me of Toddman's HS footage. He said he was looking for a coach that would make him the best person he could be. I have no doubt that is the Edsall & Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom