Zags: Mustapha Heron transferring | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Zags: Mustapha Heron transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sean Pragano with Channel 61 is in a gym right now with Tremont Waters. TW is announcing that he will return to LSU for his sophomore year. He tried out for the Hawks yesterday.

Reaction Score
the more dudes we should have landed that move out of college (Justin Jackson, the 6'4 PF from ND, Waters, MAL, DIA%#%LLO, Bruce $%% Brown, et al), the more cathartic for me and probably a lot of Husky fans. It's gonna be tough watching the 3 that transferred out, Akinjo to lesser extent, definitely the two guards that chose Prov in the fall. Waters hurts a lot because he's a multi-year star.

Hope KO finds peace and happiness but thank God he's gone!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Even though I find the distance to SJU and UConn from West Haven a dumb argument, getting to UConn will be much easier. Travel to Queens is often riddled with traffic. Travel to Storrs, none.

If I was traveling to Storrs from West haven for an important meeting, I’d allow 90 minutes and be there 35 minutes early. If traveling to Queens I’d allow 3 hours and I’d still be late 20% of the time.

There's no chance you're getting to Storrs from West Haven in 55 minutes unless you're going 90+ the whole way. More like 1 hr 15 -20 minutes. And that's only if you're traveling midday or on the weekend, because if it's any time after 3:00 you're hitting traffic in Hartford. Still, overall it's going to be an easier roundtrip to Storrs than Queens, because you're not hitting any traffic on the way home once you get on 84, whereas there's almost always bad traffic leaving Queens, and there's often night road work on 95 that can make the return trip brutal. And if you're driving up from NYC to CT on a Sunday afternoon? Forget it, it's going to be an awful commute.

Source: someone that has been going to UConn and Mets games his whole life leaving from West Haven.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
the more dudes we should have landed that move out of college (Justin Jackson, the 6'4 PF from ND, Waters, MAL, DIA%#%LLO, Bruce $%% Brown, et al), the more cathartic for me and probably a lot of Husky fans. It's gonna be tough watching the 3 that transferred out, Akinjo to lesser extent, definitely the two guards that chose Prov in the fall. Waters hurts a lot because he's a multi-year star.

Hope KO finds peace and happiness but thank God he's gone!

EVERY coach loses players from their own state/area - just ask JC

Reaction Score

It's St. John's- is visiting soon and will commit shortly after.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There's no chance you're getting to Storrs from West Haven in 55 minutes unless you're going 90+ the whole way. More like 1 hr 15 -20 minutes. And that's only if you're traveling midday or on the weekend, because if it's any time after 3:00 you're hitting traffic in Hartford. Still, overall it's going to be an easier roundtrip to Storrs than Queens, because you're not hitting any traffic on the way home once you get on 84, whereas there's almost always bad traffic leaving Queens, and there's often night road work on 95 that can make the return trip brutal. And if you're driving up from NYC to CT on a Sunday afternoon? Forget it, it's going to be an awful commute.

Source: someone that has been going to UConn and Mets games his whole life leaving from West Haven.

Source: Time/Space continuum

Reaction Score
Google maps has Waterbury as about 1:40 and West Haven as 1:30 to SJU, while UConn is just over 1 hour away from both places. So maybe not quite "just as easy" when you're considering the additional distance each way and the number of home games involved. That's not even factoring in the games being played at the XL Center in Hartford, which is only 45 minutes away. ;)
you have to take in account driving through NYC. Also Storrs to Waterbury is under 1 hour. And we are talking about the ease of the drive not distance.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, we didn’t need him anyway. He would’ve disrupted team chemistry.
Because he’d take away minutes and be our best or 2nd best player? If that ruins chemistry then we don’t have guys that truly want to win.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we didn’t need him anyway. He would’ve disrupted team chemistry.

What team chemistry? Couldn't that be said about the Grad transfers and the freshman Adams?

Reaction Score
Pretty sure that transfers don't have to sign LOI's.
Pretty sure they do when they get money. Be pretty unlikely he will get any waiver. So he sits a year AFTER declaring for the draft, then plays a year and declares again...why waste a year? Just stay at Auburn or go Dleague. Any other plan is bizzare. I wonder if he eventually gets drafted if he will only play for the Knicks or Nets... Gotta stay close to Mom you know.

Reaction Score
So he needs a hardship waiver to play near his mother, who was in an accident a year ago? And his brother is playing at Niagara, which is not exactly close by?
You’ll figure it out. It’s not that complicated.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure they do when they get money. Be pretty unlikely he will get any waiver. So he sits a year AFTER declaring for the draft, then plays a year and declares again...why waste a year? Just stay at Auburn or go Dleague. Any other plan is bizzare. I wonder if he eventually gets drafted if he will only play for the Knicks or Nets... Gotta stay close to Mom you know.
Because neither of those options get him closer to his mom.

Reaction Score
he might actually care about being close to his mom and getting a degree. then again... st. johns.

Reaction Score
So what's the consensus; waiver at either UConn or StJohns, waiver at UConn but not St.John's, or no waiver either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom