Zags: Mustapha Heron transferring | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Zags: Mustapha Heron transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
what route do you take thats just as easy to Uconn from Waterbury? I'd love to know.
Isn't he from West Haven? Is his mom in Waterbury? Either way, Storrs is still a bit closer than Queens to both of them. But not that much. Traffic is the biggest difference. And that many games are in Hartford which is even closer.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Isn't he from West Haven? Is his mom in Waterbury? Either way, Storrs is still a bit closer than Queens to both of them. But not that much. Traffic is the biggest difference. And that many games are in Hartford which is even closer.

Per earlier in this thread, Mom is in West Haven.

As an aside, if he doesn't end up here, Yale is the other school at which I'd like to see him the most.

Reaction Score
His hometown paper, the Waterbury Republican, is sadly reporting tonight that it is almost assured that it will be St. John's.

Reaction Score
His hometown paper, the Waterbury Republican, is sadly reporting tonight that it is almost assured that it will be St. John's.
yeah well the Rep-AM reporter might of put his foot in his mouth too fast because thats based on a report from his sources saying he is headed there, whereas everyone else says the recruitment is wide open.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
yeah well the Rep-AM reporter might of put his foot in his mouth too fast because thats based on a report from his sources saying he is headed there, whereas everyone else says the recruitment is wide open.

True, but I believe Ed Daigneault was the first CT beat reporter to confirm Hurley to UCONN. That doesn't necessarily mean he's right about Heron, but he may be.

Reaction Score
True, but I believe Ed Daigneault was the first CT beat reporter to confirm Hurley to UCONN. That doesn't necessarily mean he's right about Heron, but he may be.
He's right.

C

Chief00

You have certain guys, who didn’t exactly populated the box score stat sheet, when given minutes last season.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You have certain guys, who didn’t exactly populated the box score stat sheet, when given minutes last season.

Ah yes -- are stat sheet stuffers who rack up numbers for themselves without regard for the team's performance a part of this "Blaze Strategy" we've all been hearing about?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Here’s another thing to keep in mind about the potential of Fairfield. Heron’s brother, Raheem Solomon, will also be playing in the MAAC at Niagara.

I’m told that since the NBA is not an option at this time, Heron’s mom is adamant that he complete his degree. So it’s likely he will play for two years wherever he lands.

BC is only being considered because of proximity and playing in/against ACC.

St John’s was a potential landing spot when he considered transferring immediately following his freshman year, when the accident happened.

UConn offers ideal proximity to home and Hurley is a major factor. If Hurley wasn’t at the helm, UConn wouldn’t be an option.
So he needs a hardship waiver to play near his mother, who was in an accident a year ago? And his brother is playing at Niagara, which is not exactly close by?

Reaction Score
St John' us just as easy to get too as Uconn from Waterbury..my guess is big East ..St John..

what route do you take thats just as easy to Uconn from Waterbury? I'd love to know.

Google maps has Waterbury as about 1:40 and West Haven as 1:30 to SJU, while UConn is just over 1 hour away from both places. So maybe not quite "just as easy" when you're considering the additional distance each way and the number of home games involved. That's not even factoring in the games being played at the XL Center in Hartford, which is only 45 minutes away. ;)

Reaction Score
Does he have to sign a letter of intent before applying for the hardship? If yes, can he get out of the letter if denied?

Reaction Score
Sure, at face value, a talent like Heron seems like a good fit. It doesn't take much effort though to dig a bit deeper and realize that him choosing St. John's may be the type of bullet UConn is lucky to dodge. His reluctance to come to UConn has nothing to do with conference affiliation.

Reaction Score
Even though I find the distance to SJU and UConn from West Haven a dumb argument, getting to UConn will be much easier. Travel to Queens is often riddled with traffic. Travel to Storrs, none.

If I was traveling to Storrs from West haven for an important meeting, I’d allow 90 minutes and be there 35 minutes early. If traveling to Queens I’d allow 3 hours and I’d still be late 20% of the time.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Heron would be a great pickup...would like to know a little more about which player is supposedly not in great academic standing. Who wants to spill the beans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom