Zags: Mustapha Heron transferring | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Zags: Mustapha Heron transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They aren’t easy, no. But we should be familiar with the formula. We know how to do it. 3 elite guards and a hungry supporting cast should have us thinking we have a chance to “shock the world”. Maybe I’m a homer and/or spoiled. But isn’t that what makes this fun? lol

Nobody in the program knows how to do but Kfree. It's not like the laundry remembers.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The one thing that our people should be pressing is that the waiver is more likely to be granted to an instate school. If you look at past cases they are almost never granted to an out of state school. Imagine if he chooses St. Johns only to sit out a year then enter the NBA draft? Real possibility given that next years draft is weaker and it's no guarantee that he gets the waiver at St. Johns. Press this issue to high heavens, we will get you the waiver.

Reaction Score
I just don’t see how you could get him on the roster. After Hurley just rerecruited everyone how do you get someone to leave? Mustapha is a great player and I’d love if we could get him but I just don’t see how. Cross the fingers for Hurley magic I guess.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I just don’t see how you could get him on the roster. After Hurley just rerecruited everyone how do you get someone to leave? Mustapha is a great player and I’d love if we could get him but I just don’t see how. Cross the fingers for Hurley magic I guess.
I think the player on shaky academic grounds knows where he stands.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
My only thought is-
I can't imagine this all just happened suddenly. I would guess it has been known by UConn, St. John's, etc. that there was a good chance Heron would be transferring closer to home. Add that in to the fact that (I think) some posters claimed that the roster is not set yet(?)

Maybe there is someone on the roster with one foot out the door.
Because otherwise what kind of message does that send to the players on roster if Hurley is pushing hard for Heron after having convinced all of them to stay?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Aaron Torres mentioned on Twitter that UConn would be a logical landing spot.

But there's no possible way he can join the team unless someone on the roster leaves, right?

He could be a walk on. He already has plenty of money for tuition, etc. ;)

Reaction Score
It's dumb semantics to get hung up on when we all know Gilbert's scholarship would never be yanked but as of now Heron is better than everyone of our team except for maybe Adams.

He is better than Adams too.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley is looking for volunteers. Anyone off the island?
I don’t get where the scholarship is an issue. If I’m him, I’m thinking my worst case is making 3-500k overseas. Obv an issue with distance to his mom, but it is the worst case. What does UConn cost in-state? 25k? 35k?

You can pay that off over 100 years on those loans and defer till graduation. I’ll fill out the FAFSA for him. If you really think that a certain program is going to be better for your career then you go there.

That must have been drummond’s thinking.

Reaction Score
Here’s another thing to keep in mind about the potential of Fairfield. Heron’s brother, Raheem Solomon, will also be playing in the MAAC at Niagara.

I’m told that since the NBA is not an option at this time, Heron’s mom is adamant that he complete his degree. So it’s likely he will play for two years wherever he lands.

BC is only being considered because of proximity and playing in/against ACC.

St John’s was a potential landing spot when he considered transferring immediately following his freshman year, when the accident happened.

UConn offers ideal proximity to home and Hurley is a major factor. If Hurley wasn’t at the helm, UConn wouldn’t be an option.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the player on shaky academic grounds knows where he stands.

I think I know the player who is dealing with academic issues and if it's who I think it is, there's no way he isn't on the roster come November.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Here’s another thing to keep in mind about the potential of Fairfield. Heron’s brother, Raheem Solomon, will also be playing in the MAAC at Niagara.

I’m told that since the NBA is not an option at this time, Heron’s mom is adamant that he complete his degree. So it’s likely he will play for two years wherever he lands.

BC is only being considered because of proximity and playing in/against the ACC.
He's a great student. Likely to graduate as a junior.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hurley on grad transfer signings:
upload_2018-5-29_23-49-45.jpeg

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score

A generous financial aid package for one year makes it possible

UconnU

Reaction Score
St. Johns is one of the only programs in the country with a more crowded back court than we do. Wherever he goes it's going to upset players.

Reaction Score
St. John's could win the Big East if they land this kid. Would be good for college ball to have the Garden hosting meaningful games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom