Zags: Mustapha Heron transferring | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Zags: Mustapha Heron transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Heron said St. Johns now has the potential to be a top ten team... With Chris Mullin? That's a very bold statement.

They have a nasty backcourt now though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The opportunity to make a team remotely relevant for the first time in 30 years is pretty tempting. Congrats to all parties

Reaction Score
Calhoun wasn't running practices or making strategy decisions in games.

That's a fantasy you've concocted in your mind.
I never said any of what you mentioned bud. But trust me, Jimmy was not out of the picture while his players were still there. I'm 100% on player(s) getting advice from the guy that recruited them!!!!! Much not publicly revealed

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I never said any of what you mentioned bud. But trust me, Jimmy was not out of the picture while his players were still there. I'm 100% on player(s) getting advice from the guy that recruited them!!!!! Much not publicly revealed

A handful of players getting informal advice from JC ≠ him getting credit for the '14 run.

Reaction Score
A handful of players getting informal advice from JC ≠ him getting credit for the '14 run.
You continue to mention things I never said. So back to recruiting. Btw, not much after 14.

Reaction Score
Heron said St. Johns now has the potential to be a top ten team... With Chris Mullin? That's a very bold statement.

If Heron plays a year and creates enough excitement to get Mullin extended, I am very pleased by this.

Mullin deserves a raise.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
That was a false report. Andre walked on and paid his own way that year. Wasn't a big deal for him.

Originally, yes. But then Bradley offered his 'ship. But did Andre end up refusing it?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There is an exactly 0% chance he doesn’t get the waiver.

If the NCAA actually follows its own directives, there’s closer to a zero percent chance that he gets a waiver.

He’s not moving back to take care of his ailing mother....if he had his druthers, he’d be in the NBA draft right now.

Reaction Score
Originally, yes. But then Bradley offered his 'ship. But did Andre end up refusing it?
Yeah Drummond refused it and came as a walk on. Made sense for him to take out a loan for one year in-state when you're about to be in the league than out-of-state for a guy with little-to-no shot at a lucrative pro career

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
If the NCAA actually follows its own directives, there’s closer to a zero percent chance that he gets a waiver.

He’s not moving back to take care of his ailing mother....if he had his druthers, he’d be in the NBA draft right now.
Us conspiracy theorists believe the NCAA is waiting to see where he ends up before offering said waiver. SJU waiver! UCONN no waiver for you!!

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Us conspiracy theorists believe the NCAA is waiting to see where he ends up before offering said waiver. SJU waiver! UCONN no waiver for you!!
I’m glad someone finally said it

Reaction Score
Two things you dont seem to grasp:
Ollie was a terrible head coach;
Mullin is also a terrible head coach. His record is 12-42 in the Big East.
Spot on. Great player does not mean great coach. Many great coaches were bench warmers in college.

Reaction Score
BC? That makes no sense whatsoever. I'm in WesMass on the way up to BC and still at least 90 minutes short and close to the same from West Haven. To almost have put himself into the draft and then suddenly willing to sit out a year is so damn strange.

Oh well, next.
I agree. There is something sketchy about this whole thing , being near his Mom. There is more to this. I don't know what, but something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom