Zags: Mustapha Heron transferring | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Zags: Mustapha Heron transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I think he’s coming here and all the additional talk and visits is just the two parties feeling the need to go through the process.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Geez, why does he hate us so much?
I blame Calhoun for not recruiting Ryan Gomes.
Drummond had no opening if you remember. Things got worked out.
Yeah, bad chemistry underperforming team, post-season ban the following year, and a less than distinguished ending to JC's career. True, not all are related, but they did all happen.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There are 2-3 "Ollieistas" left out of the hundreds, perhaps thousands of people who visit this site on a regular basis. One would glean the opposite from reading your posts.

Drop the embarrassing victim complex and move on.

He was just answering a question for cryin' out loud. You reformed Ollieistas are worse than reformed smokers.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He was just answering a question for cryin' out loud. You reformed Ollieistas are worse than reformed smokers.

I look forward to your continued snowflakery.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If players like Heron aren't giving us a look because of the conference, when he grew up in Connecticut, then that's not good. And I know that's not a recent development as it relates to Heron, but much of Hurley's appeal is predicated on his being able to deliver some of the regional players - even if it's one guy every three years - that Ollie didn't. For as bad of a job as Ollie did, people would have felt a lot better about it if he had better players. If Hurley's choosing from the same pool of players Ollie did his last couple classes, he'll have to coach his tail off to see the round of 32.

The more you win, the better players you have a chance with, in general. Some of it will take time, though Hurley might prove that wrong with his 2019 class idk.

But these late transfer/decommit types don't tell us that much imo. We say recruiting is fluid, but these situations are positively gaseous.

Reaction Score
I think champs just used the wrong word, we all know it's proven he couldn't run a program, it's why he got fired.

Reaction Score
Ollie is “unproven” in running a program. Wow! Just Wow.

Mullins got the Johnnies job to sell a few tickets. Hiring a former star player with little or no coaching experience is rarely a successful move. Both Mullin and Ollie are fine examples.
KO is definitely proven in running a program. It's just proven to be terrible

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think Champs has said KO did a terrible job coaching
The thing you and some others have to grasp is the fact that KO is gone and beating a dead horse is asinine
Stop the skipping record

Technically he’s not gone....

Reaction Score
I blame Calhoun for not recruiting Ryan Gomes.

While we may not agree with the rationale, Calhoun has addressed this on a number of occassions indicating he chose Okafor over Gomes. If that is true, it is hard to argue.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Drummond had no opening if you remember. Things got worked out.

Only because Michael Bradley gave up his scholarship. Presumably it was a voluntary decision. Bradley also transferred out after that year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Only because Michael Bradley gave up his scholarship. Presumably it was a voluntary decision. Bradley also transferred out after that year.

That was a false report. Andre walked on and paid his own way that year. Wasn't a big deal for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom