Zags Akok Article | The Boneyard

Zags Akok Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There were proclamations made to the absolute affirmative. No wiggle room. If you made one and are wrong just cease and desist going forward.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Some Guy reads the boneyard and did what zags did as well as Amore. Ridiculous

Reaction Score
Why is it ridiculous?
Seriously? You don't see it? This place? This is their source for information? They are reporters. They have an actual channel to the SID. And not only are they using THIS PLACE for information but then they harass the kid and his coach. And you don't see anything ridiculous about that?

pj

Reaction Score
Seriously? You don't see it? This place? This is their source for information? They are reporters. They have an actual channel to the SID. And not only are they using THIS PLACE for information but then they harass the kid and his coach. And you don't see anything ridiculous about that?

(a) A journalist calling a potential news source for information is not normally considered harassment. (b) If there were no information on the Boneyard none of us would be here. (There are better places for opinion about politics and pizza.) It's a reasonable source of crowd-sourced information about UConn athletics. (c) The SID has many things he can't say. Journalists like to have sources in addition to the press secretary of the institution they cover. Indeed, having such sources justifies their job: it's what makes the journalist more interesting than PRNewswire.com.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

That’s what is ridiculous. They put the kid on the spot and make the coaches and program look bad instead of just letting delusional fans talk nonsense on a message board.

pj

Reaction Score
That’s what is ridiculous. They put the kid on the spot and make the coaches and program look bad instead of just letting delusional fans talk nonsense on a message board.

I don't get why it's so awful to ask an athlete if he's committed to a college. They get that, or similar questions like who are you favoring, ten times a day. The kid has handlers to help him deal with the media. That's why Jeff Jacobs quoted the Putnam Science coach, not Akok himself.

No one knows whether the fans are delusional until they ask if what the fans are saying is true. That's not a big deal. It's a conversation. Not the end of the world.

Reaction Score
I don't get why it's so awful to ask an athlete if he's committed to a college. They get that, or similar questions like who are you favoring, ten times a day. The kid has handlers to help him deal with the media. That's why Jeff Jacobs quoted the Putnam Science coach, not Akok himself.

No one knows whether the fans are delusional until they ask if what the fans are saying is true. That's not a big deal. It's a conversation. Not the end of the world.

The way it was framed by the media is that there was a lot of buzz that he committed. It wasn't "did you commit" but "I hear you committed, is that true." That's probably annoying for a kid on his way home from his visit, especially if he wanted to wait a few days and make a big announcement. In the grand scheme it's no big deal but I am sure our insiders will be using "looks very good for us" instead of "he verballed" in the future.

Reaction Score
It’s one thing if you’re doing a story on the kids visit and in doing so ask if he committed
It’s another if you read boneyard insider comments and then run to the kid asking for confirmation that this matrim guy on the Internet is right.
These kids or their handlers aren’t going to announce via a reporter call out of the blue that they’ve committed. They are going to do it on their terms.
Thes guys should know that.
It’s not a huge deal but doesn’t come across well.

Reaction Score
Soooo, do we know if he's still taking the visit to Cuse?

Reaction Score
Soooo, do we know if he's still taking the visit to Cuse?

Based on what I've seen, recruits tend to cancel on a Monday or Tuesday. If you get to Wednesday with no word, said recruit likely won't be cancelling. (Just my take. I have zero sources or insider info.)

Reaction Score
If we don't hear anything by tomorrow evening, it would seem that we may have jumped the gun a bit here. However, all signs point to good news and the most likely story is Akok wanted to notify the coaches of the other schools recruiting him prior to the information getting out there. Unfortunate that the word started to get out there before he had a chance to do that, but I respect the fact that he seems to be a classy kid who wants to do things the right way. Crossing my fingers that's the case and we get some good news shortly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure what to think about this. Akok and Wahab's visit didn't seem to generate the same intensity or level of buzz on the Boneyard as those of Bouknight and Gaffney (maybe because Gaffney's father added so much excitement to his visit). Some "insiders" made very positive comments at the end but something seemed to be missing.

Could simply be everybody was "down" because the football team wasn't out there getting it's second win.

Reaction Score
Not sure what to think about this. Akok and Wahab's visit didn't seem to generate the same intensity or level of buzz on the Boneyard as those of Bouknight and Gaffney (maybe because Gaffney's father added so much excitement to his visit). Some "insiders" made very positive comments at the end but something seemed to be missing.

Could simply be everybody was "down" because the football team wasn't out there getting it's second win.

Hurley didn't seem too upset at Media Day...

Reaction Score

Just chill...

Reaction Score
It seems like cuse is trending up for Isaiah Stewart who wants to play the 4 in college I think. Maybe they cooled on Akok to pave way for stewart?

Reaction Score
It’s one thing if you’re doing a story on the kids visit and in doing so ask if he committed
It’s another if you read boneyard insider comments and then run to the kid asking for confirmation that this matrim guy on the Internet is right.
These kids or their handlers aren’t going to announce via a reporter call out of the blue that they’ve committed. They are going to do it on their terms.
Thes guys should know that.
It’s not a huge deal but doesn’t come across well.

So then they are supposed to do nothing when UConn fans are barraging them with questions asking if he committed verbally because of a couple message board posts? Their editors see the rumors and ask them if they know anything and they should just say "I don't know, but I don't want to bother the kid or his coach."?

Then we'll accuse them of doing nothing and being generally worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom