Zags Akok Article | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Zags Akok Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
FWIW, on the "Strictly Fuzz" thread, there are quite a few real musicians who have made actual records for major record labels. I am not worthy.

Been on there for well over a decade.
It’s a gear page long running joke. ( blooze lawyers haha) Yes there are bunch of pros who post there regularly .

Reaction Score
Been on there for well over a decade.
It’s a gear page long running joke. ( blooze lawyers haha) Yes there are bunch of pros who post there regularly .
Yes, I get it. I'm a blooze MBA. Sold all my gear after high school to pay college bills (which is worth a small fortune today) and bought more guitars, amps and pedals than I ever needed when the fat paychecks rolled in.

And now, back to our program -- I guess I'll have to wait patiently for commitment news.

August_West

Reaction Score
Yes, I get it. I'm a blooze MBA. Sold all my gear after high school to pay college bills (which is worth a small fortune today) and bought more guitars, amps and pedals than I ever needed when the fat paychecks rolled in.

And now, back to our program -- I guess I'll have to wait patiently for commitment news.

Wait let me guess. Some type of Dumble clone and an R9 or maybe a PRS.

:cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You might like to bad mouth Syracuse, but we've got great facilities, a lovely campus and there's plenty to do. It's a city with a small town vibe.
All in good fun Matt. I'm sure Syracuse, when the light is just right, and if you squint a bit, has it's moments. I just think the other Canadian cities are much nicer.

Reaction Score
Wait let me guess. Some type of Dumble clone and an R9 or maybe a PRS.
:cool:

Sorry to add to the derailment: I went through this about 10+ years ago too, before I had kids, and sold everything off a second time in my life.

Haven't had an urge in years to return there. On the other hand, going through a lot of gear let me know what I like and to stick with it. Before I found the GP, I had a Soldano SLO for 15 years. Now I have a Victoria, a couple pedals, and my (discontinued) Epi Japanese LP Elitist. I'm done with that crazy place. Even though I have to say the musicians on there are more honest when it comes to buying/selling gear than practically any internet marketplace I've experienced.

Reaction Score
You might like to bad mouth Syracuse, but we've got great facilities, a lovely campus and there's plenty to do. It's a city with a small town vibe.
Ithaca is a college town with a small town vibe. It even has a nice Wegmans. Syracuse is a dump whose only redeeming feature is a big mall. Seriously though, as bad as the weather is in Ithaca, it is even worse in Syracuse. It is an awful, gloomy, place from October to April.

Reaction Score
The 5 and sometimes 6 good months Ithaca gives are fantastic. Finger lakes are great, nice parks, real college town vibe. It snowed 4 straight years on Halloween when I was there and it goes down hill fast. Flurries in early May a couple times too. 4 years undergrad and a post grad year '79 - '84. Good hockey at least.

Still visit from time to time.....in summer.

August_West

Reaction Score
The 5 and sometimes 6 good months Ithaca gives are fantastic. Finger lakes are great, nice parks, real college town vibe. It snowed 4 straight years on Halloween when I was there and it goes down hill fast. Flurries in early May a couple times too. 4 years undergrad and a post grad year '79 - '84. Good hockey at least.

Still visit from time to time.....in summer.
I like Ithaca a lot. Cool town.

Syracuse? Not a cool town.

Reaction Score
PSA has a scrimmage tonight. Will be interesting to see if Akok is there or not.

I don't think that tells us much either way. He could be at practice tonight and still leave for Cuse tomorrow. Not a long trip.

Reaction Score
Committed sunday, or was it monday? tuesday?! wednesday for sure.....but actually for real 100% by thursday OR friday. :rolleyes::confused:

Reaction Score

I'm from upstate NY and love upstate NY, but come on, seriously, you're going to tell me that Syracuse is a jewel of upstate NY. Yeah it's better than Watertown, but it's not as good almost any other upstate city.

Here's how it compares to Albany:

Syracuse, NY

Here's how it compares to Hartford

Syracuse, NY

And to Charleston, SC (which really does feel like a small town)

Syracuse, NY

I'll give you Columbus Bakery they make a good flat, but goodness the Convention and Visitors Bureau of Syracuse can't make the place look good, I'm not sure how you're going to.

Edit: I'm in the middle of an edit so this gives me a little diversion to find mundane facts and figures.

Reaction Score
I'm from upstate NY and love upstate NY, but come on, seriously, you're going to tell me that Syracuse is a jewel of upstate NY. Yeah it's better than Watertown, but it's not as good almost any other upstate city.

Here's how it compares to Albany:

Syracuse, NY

Here's how it compares to Hartford

Syracuse, NY

And to Charleston, SC (which really does feel like a small town)

Syracuse, NY

I'll give you Columbus Bakery they make a good flat, but goodness the Convention and Visitors Bureau of Syracuse can't make the place look good, I'm not sure how you're going to.

Edit: I'm in the middle of an edit so this gives me a little diversion to find mundane facts and figures.
Isn't Rochester supposed to be a "cooler" city in upstate NY? Never been there but people who have tell me that.

Reaction Score
Isn't Rochester supposed to be a "cooler" city in upstate NY? Never been there but people who have tell me that.

Cooler than Syracuse?

I'd say yes but it's bigger, more things to do, etc.

BTW, back when I worked in Rochester, I lived in Buffalo and commuted to Rochester!

Reaction Score
I can not believe how much I don't care about what you guys are talking about in this thread right now. Can't there be a different thread called "Pissing Contest debating Upstate NY"?
I liked your post but you say that and then spend a minute posting about it? Just skip it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom