Zags Akok Article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zags Akok Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It seems like cuse is trending up for Isaiah Stewart who wants to play the 4 in college I think. Maybe they cooled on Akok to pave way for stewart?
Not a bad thought, but I'd be shocked if Stewart went to Cuse. Seems like a three-horse race between Duke, Kentucky, and Michigan State, with the Spartans getting most of the traction over the summer, Duke before that (and they may even be trending backwards on him), and recently, Kentucky. From an uninvolved standpoint, pretty interesting recruitment.

Reaction Score
Akok basically said he's not committing until the Spring. And UConn, Syracuse and Georgetown are his top 3. So why wouldn't he visit all of them unless he was flat-out over the moon about one or the other? Bouknight and Gaffney were already more or less done deals when they committed, but this isn't the same situation.

I still think between the rumors, buzz and general fit - we're in as good a spot as we can ask to be at this point in the process. In all likelihood, we're the best fit.

Reaction Score
Akok basically said he's not committing until the Spring. And UConn, Syracuse and Georgetown are his top 3. So why wouldn't he visit all of them unless he was flat-out over the moon about one or the other? Bouknight and Gaffney were already more or less done deals when they committed, but this isn't the same situation.

I still think between the rumors, buzz and general fit - we're in as good a spot as we can ask to be at this point in the process. In all likelihood, we're the best fit.

Old news. He hopes to sign in November.

Reaction Score
His most recent follows on Twitter were Kenya Hunter and the official UConn Men’s Hoops.

Not going to read too much into that
Only follows us and Duke as far as program accounts go. Follows Capel and Cooley but neither program account. Follows McNamara from Cuse, didn't see Boeheim but idk if he has Twitter

Reaction Score
Only follows us and Duke as far as program accounts go. Follows Capel and Cooley but neither program account. Follows McNamara from Cuse, didn't see Boeheim but idk if he has Twitter

Boeheim’s tweets mainly consist of feeding the birds on his morning stroll around the park.

Reaction Score
Neil Ostrout of the JI also reads the Boneyard. Do all of the journalists come here for their information?

UConn welcomed a pair of big men to First Night, including 6-foot-9 Putnam Science standout Akok Akok. A report over the weekend that Akok has already committed to the Huskies is apparently erroneous but Hurley’s team remains squarely in the hunt for his services as well as those of Qudus Wahab, another Friday visitor.

Tougher Huskies?

Reaction Score
Neil Ostrout of the JI also reads the Boneyard. Do all of the journalists come here for their information?

UConn welcomed a pair of big men to First Night, including 6-foot-9 Putnam Science standout Akok Akok. A report over the weekend that Akok has already committed to the Huskies is apparently erroneous but Hurley’s team remains squarely in the hunt for his services as well as those of Qudus Wahab, another Friday visitor.

Tougher Huskies?
"A report over the weekend"

Lol. These guys have no shame

Reaction Score
I've been informed by some source close to the situation that this is not how this conversation went down...just in case anyone here was confused that this was how it went down
some guy: "hey tom, uh, people on a fan message board are saying that akok committed to uconn - can you confirm?"
espinosa: "what?"
some guy: "thanks"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The “I have absolutely zero insight on this situation, but if he doesn’t commit by my arbitrary deadline, I’m giving up” crew is back at it.
Lol that is very BY. Still it's a fair observation that most kids commit or not by Wednesday of the week after their OV, they are probably still in play. Even more so if they take other visits.

Reaction Score
Lol that is very BY. Still it's a fair observation that most kids commit or not by Wednesday of the week after their OV, they are probably still in play. Even more so if they take other visits.

Ya. I think my post was pretty fair. If a recruit doesn't cancel his weekend visit by Wednesday, he's probably taking the visit. Very few cancel the day before traveling.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The only thing spookier about you (and probably others) knowing all this is me reading that you know all this.

Reaction Score
So instead of being patient and waiting to see if there is an announcement, the correct response is to post on social media, taunt Cuse fans, and ask for more information while cursing this place if it doesn't happen tonight.
giphy.gif

pj

Reaction Score
Dam inspection underway.

Are we inspecting because the dam is about to break, or because it's too solid?

Personally, I like my dams to be fragile, and break every few weeks.

Reaction Score

If you were to adjust this for his position, it would be even higher. Pair him with even an average rim protector at center and you'll be near the top of the country in blocks. Wilson and Bouknight also are above average in Block% for their position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom