2023 Recruiting: - Youssouf Singare Commits to UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Youssouf Singare Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His best potential may lie on the defensive end of the floor. He’s a quality shot blocker who aggressively challenges drivers at the rim, but also has a good sense for when to wall up and maintain verticality, both while defending in the post and rotating to help on dribble penetration. His lateral mobility gives him the potential to be an excellent pick-and-roll defender for his size. Singare is also very vocal with a loud voice and so he’ll have additional value as a communicator along the backline of a defense.

"Singare is also very vocal with a loud voice and so he’ll have additional value as a communicator along the backline of a defense."

For some reason I thought of Dikembe Motombo when I read this, but his voice is more deep than loud. Not sure why he came to mind.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
You really are a miserable and clueless lol the reason why Timme and Oscar stayed is because they have access to a ton of NIL money. Sanogo does not. Foreign-born players are not yet cleared to earn NIL money by the NCAA
He is miserable for sure, but Tshiebwe is foreign-born and they figured out a way around it to get him paid. I’d love if we could figure out the same for Sanogo if he’s not in a solid place for the draft—and let the roster chips fall where they may. It doesn’t seem like Freshman Singare’s going to need a ton of minutes necessarily. Soph Clingan is prob a different story but I’m sure it could be figured out. You don’t not keep someone like Sanogo on the roster if you can help it.

Reaction Score
This will more than likely officially end up the best class in UConn history, beating out the 2006 class.
Let’s not go crazy now. Let them play a few games first lolol.

Reaction Score
I see a lot of brimah comparisons but I think signare has much higher potential due to his frame. Brimah was always limited due to being so slim, I don’t see that being a problem with this kid at all. Great upside pickup!!

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I don't remember why I put him on ignore but I can see from this tread that it was justified.
Shizzle is entertainment the way TLDRcliffy is, you rarely read their posts, but the responses are always worth checking out.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I see a lot of brimah comparisons but I think signare has much higher potential due to his frame. Brimah was always limited due to being so slim, I don’t see that being a problem with this kid at all. Great upside pickup!!
His frame, his hand strength, his upper body strength, his core, his reflexes stand out for me. Doesn’t elevate as high as Brimah at least from the tape.

I’m projecting on the following but he does things that makes believe he’s a better adapter than Brimah to the game.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I just want this Fab 5 to pan out better than the original Fab 5 in terms of team success and program accomplishments. Fortunately, with NIL, this Fab 5 should at least be able to afford McDonald's burgers.
That would be amazing.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is a bit cringeworthy but if the players are into it and they make a few bucks I guess it's fine.
Seems like bad karma to me, but in any event I don't think the school or the players are involved. Looks like it's all Dauster's gig.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Why do you assume he won't be able to play by his sophomore year? Clearly the staff thinks otherwise. He isn't going to score 15 a game, but as a rebounder, defender and opportunistic scorer, I think he has great potential. I imagine he could easily work his way up to 8/6/1 with a couple of blocks by sophomore year, or simply play as an efficient backup to Clingan
You are correct. He is the perfect complement to Donovan C. What a stockpile of weapons for all occasions the staff has assembled once again. Very proud of them and how everyone is working together with this team and the members on it.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
See my above post: every sub-100 Hurley high school recruit has been a bust. He has done well with transfers. Also, it's 2022. You either play the kid or he transfers.
Think for a minute about foul trouble for Sanogo, injuries etc. Just having a 7' very athletic shot blocker to fill out the roster and be available next year when Sanogo may very well be gone is a great get for this team. I suspect he already has a good work ethic and he will be fun in practice going against Sanogo and Clingan. Just when I thought the waiting and anticipation was going to be alleviated with the advent of the current season; now I'm wishing it was next year as well!

Reaction Score
The Fab 5 thing was made in jest. The main point was that signing a sub-100 kid when you don’t know who you could grab in the transfer market is a mistake.

We are already over the limit for 23. Assuming the four freshmen from this year stay- likely given that Karaban should be a role player, Clingan will be Sanogo’s backup, and other two know they aren’t playing much if at all this year- we will have nine underclassmen. I don’t buy that Jackson or Hawkins are going to go pro after this year. Newton may or may not go pro. Alleyne and Diarra I believe will have one year left after this season. That’s 14 right there. Somebody has to go. That is why bringing this kid in now will be a mistake.
Take a look at the rankings and how the players turned out. YOu might worry less about ranking.

Connecticut All Time Basketball Recruits

Reaction Score
Yup. Isn't rated by Rivals or ESPN, I assume if one of them assign him a ranking he will have a composite score that would pull up UConn's overall team score. On3 doesn't rank him either but I am not sure if they factor into 247 composite.
Confirmed they do not for 247's basketball composite. But 247 does factor into On3's composite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom