2023 Recruiting: - Youssouf Singare Commits to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Youssouf Singare Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well this got ugly.

If Sanogo comes back next after next year, Singare won’t get 1 minute of playing time freshman year. If he doesn’t come back, Singare will be a backup to Clingan for 3 years, with a chance to start his senior year. If he is better than Clingan, he’ll start when he’s earned a start.

We don’t need him to be a superstar. We need him to be great at his role. His role will be what he’s already good at. Protecting the rim, grabbing boards, dunking the ball. If we can get him stronger and develop that little midrange shot, golden.

It’s always a great thing when you get a high potential 7 foot athletic freak. And we got one
Not to bring this too far off-topic by suggesting a take I haven’t seen much, but we can’t assume our giant, top-50 recruit is here for four years if this staff helps him develop.

Reaction Score
Here's to hoping the "Fab 5" pans out better than the "Top 5".....

USKBB57ONNFE5JOGF2FMHNNEPY.jpeg

Reaction Score
Our new Fab 5. Hopefully more successful than our last one. Welcome aboard big boy!

Reaction Score
Singare is the only player in this class where I haven't seen any of his games. From what I've dug up 7'3 wingspan 9'6 standing reach. This interview (his name is spelled wrong) shows off his personality. He seems to have a really cool personality...
Here's about a minute and a half of highlights.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Singare is the only player in this class where I haven't seen any of his games. From what I've dug up 7'3 wingspan 9'6 standing reach. This interview (his name is spelled wrong) shows off his personality. He seems to have a really cool personality...

Defense wins championships. He takes pride in his defense. So does Solo.

Deflects singling himself out saying can’t do push-ups with one finger. Definitely a team player.

Reaction Score
This class is nasty, I love the balance and 3 ready made serious contributors but UConn has had some great classes. Many top 10 classes and some classes which were a bit lower ranked which turned out to be pretty incredible. '91 has always been the goat class IMO if you combine ranking and how it turned out. They were #1 or #2 in the nation if my memory serves me right. Some of the great UConn classes, I realize I'm probably missing some players and a really good class or two...

1991- Donyell, Donny, Rudy Johnson, Brian Fair, Kevin Ollie, Richie Ashmeade, Boo

1993- Ray Allen, Sheffer, Kirk King

1996- Rip, Freeman, Voskuhl, LeBlanc, Funches

1999- Ajou Ajou Deng, Tony Robertson, Doug Wrenn, Marcus Cox, Justin Brown. The class didn't pan out but was highly ranked.

2000- Caron, Taliek, Selvie, Hazleton...

2001- Emeka and Ben

2006- Sticks, Curtis Kelly, Hasheem, Dyson, Doug Wiggins

2011- Drummond, Boat, Daniels

2016- Alterique, Juwan Durham, Vance Jackson, Vital. Highly ranked but didn't really pan out.

2021- Hawkins, Rahsool Diggins, Samson Johnson, Corey Floyd. Ranked highly, half the class is already gone.

This class has a chance to be special. Awesome combination of size, skill, positional versatility and we basically cover every position on the floor.
91 was def top class...but 01..2 of the top 6 players in UCONN history..
This class has the potential to be special. And the more i see of this kid, the more im impressed by him. He is twice the player Brimah was at this stage. Great job by the staff!!

Reaction Score
This class is nasty, I love the balance and 3 ready made serious contributors but UConn has had some great classes. Many top 10 classes and some classes which were a bit lower ranked which turned out to be pretty incredible. '91 has always been the goat class IMO if you combine ranking and how it turned out. They were #1 or #2 in the nation if my memory serves me right. Some of the great UConn classes, I realize I'm probably missing some players and a really good class or two...

1991- Donyell, Donny, Rudy Johnson, Brian Fair, Kevin Ollie, Richie Ashmeade, Boo

1993- Ray Allen, Sheffer, Kirk King

1996- Rip, Freeman, Voskuhl, LeBlanc, Funches

1999- Ajou Ajou Deng, Tony Robertson, Doug Wrenn, Marcus Cox, Justin Brown. The class didn't pan out but was highly ranked.

2000- Caron, Taliek, Selvie, Hazleton...

2001- Emeka and Ben

2006- Sticks, Curtis Kelly, Hasheem, Dyson, Doug Wiggins

2011- Drummond, Boat, Daniels

2016- Alterique, Juwan Durham, Vance Jackson, Vital. Highly ranked but didn't really pan out.

2021- Hawkins, Rahsool Diggins, Samson Johnson, Corey Floyd. Ranked highly, half the class is already gone.

This class has a chance to be special. Awesome combination of size, skill, positional versatility and we basically cover every position on the floor.
How can you forget
Mamadou Diarra
PF
he was ranked higher than Vital and completed our last Fab Five class.

Reaction Score
I want Sanogo to stay (which is what I think will happen-like Timme and Oscar). I want the staff to focus on the transfer market once they have high school stud recruits (Castle, Ball, etc.). You don't need a 5th kid for a social media "Fab 5" thing. I am 100% convinced that there is a good transfer big man that is better than this kid we can pick up next summer if Sanogo goes pro.
Do you ever shut up? You sound like a broken record with the Social Media "Fab 5" thing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Here's to hoping the "Fab 5" pans out better than the "Top 5".....

View attachment 79231

I just want this Fab 5 to pan out better than the original Fab 5 in terms of team success and program accomplishments. Fortunately, with NIL, this Fab 5 should at least be able to afford McDonald's burgers.

Reaction Score
5Th Birthday GIF by SalamandraUK

Welcome to UConn NATION Youssouf!
"BALL IN" getting 1 of those Tees

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Martin was a transfer.

Every sub-100 recruit for Hurley has been a bust:
Adams
Springs
Gaffney
Brown-Ferguson

They could have potentially used the extra spot for a talented college transfer big man who was a proven player.
Sad Season 2 GIF by Rick and Morty
Internet Dr GIF

Reaction Score
So what does this do for our class ranking? We were #3, does this bump to 2? 1?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
You have someone complaining that this kid isnt ranked and problably isnt going to play much etc. This is the wrong way to look at it. What i see is a super athletic 7 footer which isnt exactly in abundance thats only been playing basketball for a couple years and now hes a borderline top 100 player and going to Uconn? What kind of player will he be in two more years?
Singare doesnt have to be Chris Webber. If he can be George Ackles thats a major win for us. If he develops into something better then great. Lets just see what the kid can do and not put expectations or label him a benchwarmer.
btw i hate the Fab 5 thing but people seem to be having fun with it and the kids seem to be embracing it so im ok with it but i just hope they dont get criticized if theyre not performing the the F5s level as freshmen. Those guys were an anomaly that we really havent seen since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom