Your predictions for the season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Your predictions for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
5 wins. Hopefully, I’m wrong, but I’ve been drinking the Kool Aid for years and I now just can’t think Bowl Game and jinx it all.
Losing 3 in a row at home would be a major disappointment ... especially that late In the season. Somebody's getting canned if that happens

Reaction Score
Wild to me the number of people that have us beating Georgia St and Rice but losing to UAB. UAB is not good.

Reaction Score
Ahhhh, August...when the BY is filled with undying optimism. I love it!!

I am with the "fool me once" crowd (or in this case fool me like 12 years in a row, lol). I was so optimistic last year. But as a previous poster said, these games come down to 1 or 2 plays. We could have easily been 6-6 last year and hanging another bowl banner if not for a few bad/unlucky plays and the same can be said about 2022, we could have easily been 3-9 if not for a few good/lucky plays.

I feel this year is the same. I have learned not to buy into the transfer hype. We all got excited when we picked up a bunch HS 4* recruits from P5 schools only to eventually realize they were in the portal for a reason and ended up doing nothing or very little here. Yes, this year's transfers SEEM to have more potential but I will believe it when I see them on the field against competition that also went out and improved their roster through the portal. Every team is getting better. The question is are we lapping them or just keeping pace?

I am going with a range of 3 wins (floor) to 7 wins (ceiling). In my heart, I am feeling we get to 6 this year and a bowl invite. A bowl win would be nice but I think that will depend on the matchup.

Reaction Score
On the plus side, we have a very good HC. On the minus side we have inexperience at QB, an OC who has never been one before and a DC installing a new defense. I am optimistic that Mora can figure this out. I already took the over so I'll say 6-6.

Reaction Score
3-3-5 plus Buckman = 12. After reading the Buckman thread going to go see what bookmakers will give me on UConn winning men's, women's and getting into football playoffs. May get that house in Greenwich yet.

Articles about a scheme that gives us PTSD and a backup slot receiver is really getting the fanbase pumped up.

Reaction Score
The head says 5-7, the heart says 7-6, but the problem is so damn non-linear that it could easily be 9-4.

Reaction Score
Mora is, by far, the best coach UConn is likely to attract. We are lucky to have gotten him. He started from nowhere, with a team that has never had a national reputation for football. He could have simply given up after last year but did not.

Instead, with the AD, he has made a concertized effort to build a better program. I will bet that he has been assured that he can stay as long as he wants to.

Let's be patient and give him as many years as it takes. I think that there will be slow, but steady, improvement to a very enjoyable sports program- with the understanding that UConn football will never reach the heights of UConn basketball.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The head says 5-7, the heart says 7-6, but the problem is so damn non-linear that it could easily be 9-4.
Why would you see 9-4 as a problem? Especially as apparently it would exceed expectations of both your head and your heart.

Reaction Score

3-9 with a win at UMass to put JM on the hot seat officially. Not quite "out" unless there's a mass exodus of talent he worked so hard to get and he decides he's personally done and packs up for Idaho. If we go 3-9 or 4-8 again in 2025, then it's over for this JM era.
Agreed, and especially so in playing against teams with mostly losing records, and the other teams with winning records aren't exactly world-beaters either.

I get the springboard concept and not wanting to revert to blowout losses against clearly superior teams (as in recent years), but c'mon now, it's time to start winning and not just going 500 either.

Reaction Score

3-9 with a win at UMass to put JM on the hot seat officially. Not quite "out" unless there's a mass exodus of talent he worked so hard to get and he decides he's personally done and packs up for Idaho. If we go 3-9 or 4-8 again in 2025, then it's over for this JM era.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reaction Score
Why would you see 9-4 as a problem? Especially as apparently it would exceed expectations of both your head and your heart.
Only for the following year. And not sure the system could handle the endorphin load after all these years in the wilderness. ;) ;)

Reaction Score
I can’t see this reversion to a Crock of Sheet 3-3-5 being a good thing. I just can’t get there. Back to using tweens is not going to cut it.

But, the schedule is sufficiently packed with losing squads, mid-tiers and no-names we could break .500 and we can delude ourselves that we have progress.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I can’t see this reversion to a Crock of Sheet 3-3-5 being a good thing. I just can’t get there. Back to using tweens is not going to cut it.

But, the schedule is sufficiently packed with losing squads, mid-tiers and no-names we could break .500 and we can delude ourselves that we have progress.
We could play a 9-2-0 for all I care if we can’t tackle we won’t win games.

Reaction Score

I think this team could finish at 6-6 or better. Give mora a chance. Huskies very lucky to have him as our coach

Last edited by a moderator:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Mr. negative I would think you would be my buddy Ant with your picks but he just watches here

Reaction Score
49 new players

New DC

New OC and QB Coach

None of the QBs appear to be particularly accurate. Welliver might be but Evers will probably start.

Nightmare fuel defensive scheme with two DBs purportedly out for the season already.

I’m going with 4-8. Just normal bad but a little better than last season.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Evers is in the Heisman convo by the Duke game
I saw a CFB twitter account ask “who is your under the radar heisman candidate?” I said Evers lol the reply’s should be good

Reaction Score
49 new players

New DC

New OC and QB Coach

None of the QBs appear to be particularly accurate. Welliver might be but Evers will probably start.

Nightmare fuel defensive scheme with two DBs purportedly out for the season already.

I’m going with 4-8. Just normal bad but a little better than last season.
I was getting my usual pre season over optimism but now you "QBs not so particularly accurate" has me a bit worried. The one thing we need is more accuracy, thought Mora was hyping Evers accuracy and the red shirt freshman kid was pretty good thrower. Is it more just an unknown?

Reaction Score
Just crossed this, hadn't seen it before. At least UConn is included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom